[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
UK Cistoms
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      2/4/2017 3:22:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12085
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32122
Btw, this is the *ahem* slightly dodgy assisted knife SKU 1449015

This is interesting, and dirt cheap but will need a bit of work but...a fiver! SKU 1208201

And these SKU 2142900, believe me are the tits, bargain price and as tough as horse meat, I gave mine a pounding at work and it keeps a working edge through some serious abuse, you can shave slivers of aluminium with it and still cut hanging paper.

Seriously the tits, I'm getting another to rescale in eucalyptus
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#12 (permalink)      2/5/2017 2:00:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
8steve88
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 451
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos274
+1 details
Andy.lion wrote:

Btw, this is the *ahem* slightly dodgy assisted knife SKU 1449015

This is interesting, and dirt cheap but will need a bit of work but...a fiver! SKU 1208201

And these SKU 2142900, believe me are the tits, bargain price and as tough as horse meat, I gave mine a pounding at work and it keeps a working edge through some serious abuse, you can shave slivers of aluminium with it and still cut hanging paper.

Seriously the tits, I'm getting another to rescale in eucalyptus

Absolutely agree. The SanRenMu is a very robust knife and at that price and no hassle to import. you can get it in SRM logos and it is very close to the Real Steel model, there is a reason - SRM are looking towards multitool and smaller folders for their future. I'm betting that the wrong person got the bung. China's knife laws are as tough as ours but flexible if the money is right. SRM decided to not put their name on these for a political or legal reason. They arrive in a white box with no clue about who made them but the shape and quality.

The Buck is probably an overrun of original order also the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation was a genuine commission that the manufacturers kept making for themselves after the commissioned number was reached, someone on here or another forum questioned the Elks about them and they are genuine.
There are some genuinely good knives around for not a lot of money.

Tripclouds420 - Good luck with your camping. I'd like to know what you choose and how it turns out.

Edited on 2/5/2017 at 2:10 PM. Reason: Yes
#13 (permalink)      2/5/2017 4:19:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12085
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32122
When I first looked at the 9063 I did post asking why the 'real steel' looked identical but was twice the price, I think it was defmunky maybe said it was basically two words on the blade and a printed cardboard box!
I did do a bit of research on the 'Elk' too before purchase and apart from a few butthurt posts on knife forums ie "it can't be real, mine cost $100!" I came to the same conclusion about its veracity, might buy a few more to stockpile btw, it is a big lump of decent feeling steel for pennies. Same goes for this one too SKU 4947800 , it's even marked as genuine so maybe buck are being less coy about where it's manufactured, unlike the boker magnum tantos SKU 1451112 I bought when they were about, clearly marked on packaging ' made in Germany' ! Cheeky fuckers. I actually bought 6 and sold 5 of them for a tenner each which payed for my entire order at the time, one of the first guys I sold to came back and bought another after he looked them up on the net and realised they were retailing at £35, he sold it to his mate for enough to cover the cost of both of his, good deal all round haha!
Also got my eye on this SKU 6694601, thoughts?

Edited on 2/5/2017 at 4:28 PM. Reason:
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#14 (permalink)      2/5/2017 5:04:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jackdripper
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 1969
  • Reviews 322
  • Kudos8041
+1 details
I purchased SKU 3219900 and it was a fake. Size was wrong case had a rubber feel(authentic is hard plastic) to it and steel was very soft. Box however was spot on including all logos. Have a wholesale account at a very reputable dealer and this was half my cost so I figured I would take a gamble.

Interesting to note this item did not claim to be Buck but I could tell from pictures of box and logo on blade that is what they were going for. Not saying all others are fake just be cautious with the to good to be true deals.

A lot of companies (Buck Gerber Kershaw Crkt etc) are made in China so I would not be surprised if some were authentic just be aware that some may not. Regardless if it is priced right and you are happy with it who cares who made it. A thousand dollar knife may be better than a ten dollar knife but is usually not a hundred times better. For a user sometimes cheap is best and does not sting as bad if you break or loose it. (yep the pricey ones break to)

Edited on 3/21/2017 at 1:54 AM. Reason:
Sometimes I think I can spell. Then I read what I wrote and know that I cantpf
#15 (permalink)      10/30/2017 5:11:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DutchVaper
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 47
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos6
Ellis1990 wrote:

If it is not a flick knife or a gravity knife i think its fine have you a link too the knife?

maybe a ceramic knife will do? , not having a link : this is just an idea...