Not free shipping?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/21/2017 1:35:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mrbill1234
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Not free shipping?
I'm trying to order this product to the UK. Says 'free shipping worldwide'. But when I try to order, i'm forced to pay shipping?

https://www.fasttech.com/p/8006901

I've ordered knives for free before with no issue - is this a new policy? If so, it should not say 'free shipping worldwide' on the product page.
#2 (permalink)      7/21/2017 4:11:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
8steve88
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 451
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos273
Open a ticket and keep reminding FastTech that if they insist on charging you for postage after advertising all over the site and also the 'net that they are legally in the wrong.
If they say free shipping worldwide then that is what you should get.
Might also be worth contacting PayPal saying that FastTech are not giving post free as promised so are in breach of contract. If enough people bought then claimed money back PayPal would not be pleased.
Just keeping on at FastTech has worked for me in the past.
They try to wriggle out by claiming that carriers won't ship knives - not your problem, they state on the info page for the knife "worldwide free shipping" then they have to honour that.
On the other hand FastTech used to be my go-to site for knives, not any longer, there are better places to buy the best gear for knife buyers and collectors.
#3 (permalink)      7/21/2017 4:26:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11019
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6888
It depends whats all in your cart/order.

There are a few free shipping options for knives, and a few for battery products. If you have both types of items, "free shipping" options get greyed out because each carrier has restrictions(battery knives)

8steve88 aparently hasnt shopped around long enough to understand how GLOBAL shipping works.

Edit: also, if your order is under 20$, yes you pay shipping. Shipping is "free" after your order/cart total is 20$ or more.

Edited on 7/21/2017 at 4:27 PM. Reason:
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#4 (permalink)      7/21/2017 4:40:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27288
It's part of FT's entire site, built into the code of pretty much every page. It takes time for them to go through and remove them, so they usually have to wait until someone points it out.

That said, of course knives can't ship regular untracked airmail, and a LOT of countries have really strict laws for importing knives also. Also, we're talking about a $1-$4 upgrade for shipping depending on the choice of carrier, which could still be waived in many cases (free) if you order $20 worth of items or more.
Woah, mama!
#5 (permalink)      7/21/2017 4:53:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DarthVaper20
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 129
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos39
just for shits and giggles I added that knife to my cart (I am in UK too) my cart total was $15.31 and he was right it was not free shipping because of that item, I am utterly disgusted they wanted to charge me a little extra for shipping

Registered Airmail via Hong Kong Post +$0.47 (12 to 20 working days in transit typical)

Some shipping methods are greyed out because of:
Knives: Authentic Sanre... (SKU 8006901)

HOW DARE THEY?
If I cared about your opinion I would read your forum posts.
#6 (permalink)      7/22/2017 7:48:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
8steve88
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 451
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos273
Skeeeets, I have a few years of shopping and shipping worldwide. If a service like free shipping is offered then it is offered. No maybe we will ship for free maybe not, it forms part of a contract that is legally binding.
If FastTech feels it needs to offer a service then remove that service then I ask them why? If I don't get a satisfactory answer then I vote with my dollars, taking them elsewhere.
Up until this year I have hadhundreds of orders with FastTech, this year a few. FT used to be the go-to site for knives, not any more.
Inaccurate details that never get changed and very dubious shipping charges are the reasons, along with higher prices compared to other sites - that do offer free shipping -along with many more paid options are the reasons.
Other sites and individual vendors have no problems using carriers that FT won't or can't use.
The couple of dollars charged isn't that big of a deal it's the principle of a large vendor not bothering to update details or shipping terms on the description pages that person me off.
#7 (permalink)      7/22/2017 8:31:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mrbill1234
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
We all know there is no such thing as "free" - it is built into the price. Except of course in this case 😟

I have opened a support ticket - I will let you know what they say.

Edited on 7/22/2017 at 8:32 AM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      7/22/2017 8:33:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randallwhiz
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1980
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos851
8steve88 wrote:

Skeeeets, I have a few years of shopping and shipping worldwide. If a service like free shipping is offered then it is offered. No maybe we will ship for free maybe not, it forms part of a contract that is legally binding.
If FastTech feels it needs to offer a service then remove that service then I ask them why? If I don't get a satisfactory answer then I vote with my dollars, taking them elsewhere.
Up until this year I have hadhundreds of orders with FastTech, this year a few. FT used to be the go-to site for knives, not any more.
Inaccurate details that never get changed and very dubious shipping charges are the reasons, along with higher prices compared to other sites - that do offer free shipping -along with many more paid options are the reasons.
Other sites and individual vendors have no problems using carriers that FT won't or can't use.
The couple of dollars charged isn't that big of a deal it's the principle of a large vendor not bothering to update details or shipping terms on the description pages that person me off.

They have customers that order as much in one order that you did in your 100.
That's who they cater to.
Not your broke ass.

#9 (permalink)      7/22/2017 11:12:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
It always cracks me up when someone uses "it's not about the small amount of money, it's the principle" argument.
#10 (permalink)      7/22/2017 1:06:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DaddyDead
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3151
  • Reviews 302
  • Kudos5400
+1 details
Follow the guidelines to free shipping and its always there ... even for UK

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes - Quod erat demonstrandum
#11 (permalink)      7/24/2017 3:46:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11465
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5954
Hello Mrbill1234,

The order total amount is below $20, the free shipping method is regular airmail, but for knife, regular airmail cannot choose to UK. So you have to choose the registered airmail with shipping fee. If the order total amount is above $20, you can choose free shipping via registered airmail. Hope you can understand.

Thank you.

Mod (Anniepan) edited on 4/1/2018 at 9:51 PM. Reason: