Ordering folders into Canada - CBSA starting to confiscate
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      1/31/2018 8:53:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Confused_buyer
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2018
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
+3 details
What a joke reading the decision by the tribunal, seems like they are stretching the terminology, but until someone feels like throwing money at it and actually fighting we're hooped. It's ridiculous that if someone properly adjusts the pivot pin to comply with the CBSA they can just tweak the adjustment until it's loose and deem it prohibited.

I'm not willing to not declare goods at the border, don't feel like opening that can of worms. Am I correct in my assumption that if one removed the pivot pin they would be complying with the CBSA? You can't flip open a knife if the pivot pin is mailed across in a $.50 envelope, and if they find an extra pivot pin laying around its definitely not OEM which would likely just be a headache for them... Just trying to get another perspective...
#32 (permalink)      1/31/2018 10:53:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4171
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4419
I think the decision is fatally flawed. A knife will only remain closed more firmly if centrifugal force is applied.

However, apply centripetal force.....
Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department