Shipping knives to the UK
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/3/2021 3:27:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mrbill1234
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Shipping knives to the UK
I've ordered knives from here before (many years ago), but now note there are no shipping options. Is this a temporary thing? Doing a search in the forums, I saw that some other countries have the same problem but the orders could be fulfilled manually via a CS ticket. Can this be done for the UK?
#2 (permalink)      9/3/2021 3:40:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2717
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2183
The only sure way of knowing would be to raise a ticket, and see what sort of response you get.

You obviously don't need me to mention the problem of knives being one of the items UK Customs has issues with.

Good luck.
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#3 (permalink)      9/3/2021 6:27:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11426
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5945
Hello Mrbill1234,

Yes, our customer can't place the knives orders from our website directly, but you can contact us in ticket with item SKU number and quantity. Our CS staff will help you create the order manually. Thank you.

Edited on 9/3/2021 at 6:30 AM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      9/3/2021 8:26:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mrbill1234
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Anniepan wrote:

The only sure way of knowing would be to raise a ticket, and see what sort of response you get.

You obviously don't need me to mention the problem of knives being one of the items UK Customs has issues with.

Good luck.



Never had a problem to be honest. As long as they are UK legal, no issue. Order a spring assisted knife, or balisong/butterfly knife - problem.

#5 (permalink)      9/3/2021 3:12:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3989
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7921
+1 details
If you are ordering anything that wouldn't be UK legal... I suggest you choose postNL if the staff give you that option. I've had quite a few items sent this way to the UK over the last year with no problems or "discoveries" by UK customs. 👍 Good luck!
#6 (permalink)      9/3/2021 5:42:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mrbill1234
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
+1 details
Nobody should order anything that is not U.K. legal. Is it really worth having a criminal record for?
#7 (permalink)      9/4/2021 4:32:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3989
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7921
+5 details
Mrbill1234 wrote:

Nobody should order anything that is not U.K. legal. Is it really worth having a criminal record for?


... I'm really glad that I didn't subscribe to your logic.
Especially when I was able to use my illegally obtained cs/pepper spray on about ten drunken teenage guys who attempted to mug me while I was walking my dog!
I'd much rather risk a criminal record than risk becoming a victim.

#8 (permalink)      9/4/2021 4:40:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mrbill1234
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
+1 details
lazyfitter wrote:

Mrbill1234 wrote:
Nobody should order anything that is not U.K. legal. Is it really worth having a criminal record for?
... I'm really glad that I didn't subscribe to your logic.
Especially when I was able to use my illegally obtained cs/pepper spray on about ten drunken teenage guys who attempted to mug me while I was walking my dog!
I'd much rather risk a criminal record than risk becoming a victim.



If you are in the UK, pepper spray is legally on par with a firearm and illegal possession would incur a mandatory jail sentence. Think about that.

#9 (permalink)      9/4/2021 6:34:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ohm.for.xmas.
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 189
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos161
Mrbill1234 wrote:

lazyfitter wrote:
Mrbill1234 wrote:
Nobody should order anything that is not U.K. legal. Is it really worth having a criminal record for?
... I'm really glad that I didn't subscribe to your logic.
Especially when I was able to use my illegally obtained cs/pepper spray on about ten drunken teenage guys who attempted to mug me while I was walking my dog!
I'd much rather risk a criminal record than risk becoming a victim.

If you are in the UK, pepper spray is legally on par with a firearm and illegal possession would incur a mandatory jail sentence. Think about that.



Yeah, UK law is kinda fucked. Just gotta get mugged, raped, head caved in etc. and accept it, else you become the criminal.

#10 (permalink)      9/4/2021 6:41:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mrbill1234
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
+1 details
> Yeah, UK law is kinda fucked. Just gotta get mugged, raped, head caved in etc. and accept it, else you become the criminal.

Sadly, yes. If you defended yourself with pepper spray and the police were involved, you’d be charged.
#11 (permalink)      9/4/2021 9:29:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3989
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7921
+5 details
Mrbill1234 wrote:

lazyfitter wrote:
Mrbill1234 wrote:
Nobody should order anything that is not U.K. legal. Is it really worth having a criminal record for?
... I'm really glad that I didn't subscribe to your logic.
Especially when I was able to use my illegally obtained cs/pepper spray on about ten drunken teenage guys who attempted to mug me while I was walking my dog!
I'd much rather risk a criminal record than risk becoming a victim.

If you are in the UK, pepper spray is legally on par with a firearm and illegal possession would incur a mandatory jail sentence. Think about that.


Well, I've always had a pretty anus so I may just flourish in a prison environment! 😆😆😆