New cheapo otf
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/3/2022 5:34:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10971
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6871
New cheapo otf
Got a new OTF that looked interesting... And it sure is. Weird mechanism for a single action, I gotta take it apart when I get home to check it out.

What's the most interesting, It's about 70% plastic. What's the most funny, the "saftey\fire" switch is mislabeled... Very easy to make a mistake lmao.
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#2 (permalink)      3/3/2022 5:36:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10971
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6871
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#3 (permalink)      3/4/2022 7:43:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10971
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6871
+1 details
Ok....

So I took it apart, I forgot to take photos....
Completely weird mechanism compared to all other single action OTFs I've seen, still pretty clever, but dangerous as most parts are plastic. 2 portions if either snap\fail will cause the knife to auto open, or completely fly out the housing.

For the price I'm not extra disappointed, but I am really disappointed because it could of been a really great knife design if it wasn't plastic. Not fond of the dagger tip but I would of dealt with it.... I took all metal parts and threw the rest of the knife in the bin. It's not safe.