shopping cart empty
Please post all unicorn sightings here.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      2/2/2020 1:43:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PaulToMyFreinds
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 190
  • Reviews 105
  • Kudos261
Andy.lion wrote:

Meanwhile the Brexit celebrations around the UK didn't seem particularly good natured or reconciliatory, so much for going forward together.

And are threads like this your attempts at reconciliation?

#32 (permalink)      2/2/2020 1:51:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PaulToMyFreinds
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 190
  • Reviews 105
  • Kudos261
+1 details
Andy.lion wrote:

Patriotism takes many forms and not wanting media barons and a few entitled old Etonians to run the country into the ground by ruining trade and manufacturing is one form.

The fact that a huge number of working class voters voted for those Old Etonians says a lot about the Labour Party and its policies.

Edited on 2/2/2020 at 1:54 PM. Reason:
#33 (permalink)      2/2/2020 1:57:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 11347
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos31372
+7 details

nearly all from the remain side.

I call bullshit on that mate, I'm pretty sure if any remain voter had made death threats or promised violent protest it would definitely have been all over the press but the the belligerent rhetoric from leave/con has been alarming. Hang the traitors, streets running with blood (richy actually said that btw...) etc, I mean seriously? A woman was shot dead by some psycho spouting Daily Mail slogans. Boris ran his campaign as if he was Winston fucking Churchill fighting Michelle Barnier on a beach somewhere.
So much WW2 bollocks was spouted it was astounding.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#34 (permalink)      2/2/2020 2:53:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mickd
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 9130
  • Reviews 204
  • Kudos25498
+4 details

HELP FOR HEROES. SUPPORT OUR TROOPS.
#35 (permalink)      2/2/2020 3:06:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Carlahola
  • JoinedNov 2017
  • Posts 6870
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos16805
+2 details
Still.Me wrote:

Discord...
its them...
Yesterday the latest...

*ROFL*

#36 (permalink)      2/2/2020 3:09:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PaulToMyFreinds
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 190
  • Reviews 105
  • Kudos261
+1 details
Andy.lion wrote:

A woman was shot dead by some psycho spouting Daily Mail slogans.

What happened to Jo Cox was terrible, but the guy was, as you said, a psycho. Such people fixate on things, and often there is no rhyme or reason. That's as much as I know, but perhaps you are a psychiatrist and can give us your insight.

As for remainer attacks, I've already given you Christian who wished old people would get a virulent form of flu (and die). And how about Ed Davey who said remainer parties should unite to ‘decapitate that blond head in Uxbridge and South Ruislip.' or David Lammy, comparing ERG to Nazis 'not strong enough.' All you have given so far is Richy, and no offence Richy, but that is hardly headline news. Oh, and there was some bloke down the pub, or something.

#37 (permalink)      2/2/2020 3:10:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11353
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17558
+2 details
Carlahola wrote:

Likely you or Quarks 😉

To accuse requires less eloquence than to excuse, such is man's nature, it more "resembles" justice
#38 (permalink)      2/2/2020 3:17:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3919
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7819
+1 details
Anyone else notice that on the day Jo Cox was buried the television was swamped with the footage ,yet on the very same day, members of an Asian sex abuse gang were sentenced in court on charges arising from years of sexual grooming and rape of underage girls who lived in Jo Cox's constituency???? Weirdly it wasn't mentioned once in any media. You would almost think the news is all about agenda.
#39 (permalink)      2/2/2020 3:34:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6635
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos9800
PaulToMyFreinds wrote:

He thinks he is the smartest guy in the room.... He has to have his massive ego massaged on a regular basis.

It is the only reason he posts here.

#40 (permalink)      2/2/2020 4:27:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 11347
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos31372
+1 details
PaulToMyFreinds wrote:

Andy.lion wrote:
Meanwhile the Brexit celebrations around the UK didn't seem particularly good natured or reconciliatory, so much for going forward together.

Well occasionally a bout of humour does break out (see mickD) I'm also genuinely interested in being proven wrong. So any sightings of "unicorns" ie signs of growth, opportunities for reciprocal trade, increase in investment in British industry and raising standards in social care, please post away and prove me wrong that brexit won't be a disaster that could take two generations to sort out. It might cheer everyone up

Half the UK population didn't want it, half did, so I think it's down to the people that wanted it to explain to the rest why it was a good thing instead of a certain brexit voters just shouting "we won, deal with it" in everyones faces when a lot of people have genuine concerns.

What did "we" win...?

Edited on 2/2/2020 at 11:20 PM. Reason:
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#41 (permalink)      2/2/2020 4:36:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vostock
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 19250
  • Reviews 361
  • Kudos21739
me me me look there a unicorn over there, look it's a fuckin unicorn....

oh naw it's a dead fly on the windscreen.

oh well one day, one day