shopping cart empty
Covid Zombies clawing at my door
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/9/2020 2:42:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
furcifernova
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3300
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos2783
I'm Canadian. It appears our government did take things seriously. I don't exactly think the protocol was perfect for this virus, but it's been effective. We have just been bombarded with all the other screw ups overseas. We could have held it together if the US didn't completely shot the bed. I don't mind Trump but he's a business man with short sighted gains and no long term vision. Because he dismantled the Pandemic Response team and cut funding to the CDC, Canada's fate is tied to what happens in the US because the environment doesn't realize imaginary lines on a map. Trump has royally screwed us all and all he can do is continue to lie and make up shat to deflect attention away himself. This virus isn't going to "disappear like a miracle" you dumb duck. Trump doesn't have anyone to bail him out of this and there's no protection when you bankrupt a fracking continent.
At no point in Trump's rambling, incoherent 1 term presidency was there anything close to what could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the country is now dumber for having experienced it.
#12 (permalink)      3/9/2020 4:13:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3062
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3137
#13 (permalink)      3/9/2020 5:22:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11045
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17097
+2 details
My local councillor has gone into self quarantine due to having had contact with someone infected several days ago.

A synagogue a few miles from my home discovered a member with it and has now shut down.
That synagogue will cater to many of my neighbours surrounding us.

Still not concerned.

I believe Canada (BC) had their first death from this today but in our case most of it has come from Iran, not China nor the US.
“When peace comes we will perhaps in time be able to forgive the Arabs for killing our sons, but it will be harder for us to forgive them for having forced us to kill their sons.