Dodge city in the Uk
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/5/2020 8:52:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RussG
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 3948
  • Reviews 106
  • Kudos4466
+7 details
Dodge city in the Uk
Last night. Saturday the first day the pubs are back open. Walked past the pub @ 5 p.m, seven doors away from me and it looked totally stupid. Social distancing, no way. Far too many peeps to be safe.

Walked past same pub with the dog @ 11 p.m and as expected was like dodge city. 60+ plus drinkers outside, most of them involved in a massive brawl either fighting or trying to calm thimgs down.

One guy ran back to his car and came back with a baseball bat, smashed all the drinks off the tables. Doubt if there were any serious injuries,but easily could have been.

Pub in question didn't open it's doors today.

Too soon to open
#2 (permalink)      7/6/2020 2:55:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mickd
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 9826
  • Reviews 205
  • Kudos27907
+5 details
Things have returned to normal.

HELP FOR HEROES. SUPPORT OUR TROOPS.
#3 (permalink)      7/6/2020 3:18:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6944
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10333
+4 details

One guy ran back to his car and came back with a baseball bat, smashed all the drinks off the tables. Doubt if there were any serious injuries,but easily could have been.

Why i have avoided town centre and busy pubs and bars for at least 20 years, A hardcore of British drinkers dont seem to be able to behave in a civilised way when alcohol is consumed.

Easy for me as i rarely drink alcohol.

#4 (permalink)      7/6/2020 3:20:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LovelyBerta
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 624
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1526
+3 details
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Spam
#5 (permalink)      7/6/2020 3:33:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blackhack
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 662
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos488
+2 details
Let all the pubs open, Time for the great unwashed to pass on the second wave of corona virus to each other.....It's as good a way as any to clean up the gene pool...
Insert smart and witty comment here.....
#6 (permalink)      7/6/2020 3:34:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12843
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19609
+4 details
Richy7 wrote:

Why i have avoided town centre and busy pubs and bars for at least 20 years, A hardcore of British drinkers dont seem to be able to behave in a civilised way when alcohol is consumed.

As well, despite being in Toronto.

Although the drinking scene is no where near as bad here as the UK, I have led an extremely quiet life since March.
I am 10 min from the high density part of the city but have avoided it completely since this all began.

Since we have reopened, its quieter where I am as people are both back to work and/or at cottages.
Traffic has picked up on the roads but all the parks and ravines I am in daily are quiet once again. (phew)
Nice and fairly silent again. Only neighbourhood people around.

Last thing i want to do is be in crowds of people. Even here in a quiet area I encounter hundreds per day but we all keep our distance.
Always great long line ups outside the Liquor stores though.

Glad I am only an occasional social drinker, if even that.

It's the beaches here that are getting a bit swamped.
Bike trails along the waterfront I used all last summer..have avoided. so far this year All too busy.

Too bloody hot here anyhow. Has been for a couple of weeks and will be for a couple more.
Barely step outside during the day or out of air conditioning.

But when I do see large groups of people not social distancing, etc, it always seems to be the much younger 20-30 year old group

Edited on 7/6/2020 at 3:36 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      7/6/2020 3:38:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12843
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19609
+4 details
That all said, the media and politicians didn't seem to care about the lack of social distancing during all of the BLM marches and by not having done so, people no longer pay heed.
#8 (permalink)      7/6/2020 3:44:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ambrougham
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 761
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1829
+3 details
RussG wrote:

One guy ran back to his car and came back with a baseball bat ...

The Fiveways perhaps ? Or are baseball bats the chav accessory of choice almost everywhere in the Country these days ! The trusty old baseball bat. Your non-flexible friend, don't leave home without it and all that :P

#9 (permalink)      7/6/2020 4:33:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DaddyDead
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3151
  • Reviews 302
  • Kudos5400
+5 details
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes - Quod erat demonstrandum
#10 (permalink)      7/7/2020 8:14:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RussG
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 3948
  • Reviews 106
  • Kudos4466
+2 details
Richy7 wrote:

No problem with alcohol Richy. I'm just fussy about who I drink with, sadly not a single pub around here I would take a lady to.

Noticed the next day a bunch of etched glass windows were gone too. Open for business again but suprisingly no customers.

Ha Ha, Bolsonaro poz test gave me a laugh. Trumpy next, hopefully.