Any Techno producers here?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/14/2020 7:45:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gatok
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 737
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1095
$0.01 rebate earned+5 details
Any Techno producers here?
I just finished my first decent track, some feedback would be appreciated.

The use of headphones is recommended,to properly appreciate the stereo separation.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/179oT
#2 (permalink)      12/15/2020 12:06:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11018
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6888
+1 details
Not sure why, but my brain doesn't register that as techno. It's definitely not bad :) I used to make "rap" instrumentals back in the day, started up again lazily last year and haven't got anywhere near finished to the track in progress...

Here's mAh sheit.... Photos 15 years ago lmao. About 100lbs more now, hair on my face and hair chopped

I also suggest headphones. Some decent ones that pick up all 3 low-mid-high notes.

Edit again: there's probably 5 songs missing from that sound cloud account I made at the same times. I have to find my psp since they are all on there, half were made\edited on it.

Edited on 12/15/2020 at 12:30 AM. Reason:
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#3 (permalink)      12/15/2020 12:49:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11018
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6888
+1 details
Wow.... found the card... Alot missing.

Can't sign into soundcloud, it's Ben a decade since I logged in. So this host will do lmao. They host all my shit ;)

https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/I7DcWmos/crazy.mp3

https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/5J0blxDu/guitar+real.mp3

https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/5qulcNTh/test+flow+BASS2loud.mp3

https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/eTvmZyR9/RobotlolSNEAKER.mp3

Edited on 12/15/2020 at 1:09 AM. Reason:
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#4 (permalink)      12/15/2020 1:22:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
furcifernova
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3305
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos2785
+1 details
Skeeeets wrote:

Not sure why, but my brain doesn't register that as techno. It's definitely not bad

Maybe because it's more industrial.

The first track is a little long at points and repetitive but not bad. The second track was on the money.

I used to know Ritchie Hawtin from Plus 8 Records. He was active in the Detroit scene back in the 90's. He might still be approachable. I think these days you still need some DJ experience. It used to be all you have to do was get some gear, find an abandoned building and call some friends if you wanted to come up in the business. Now it's all about clubs although if you put it up on YouTube you might get a following. If you were in Vancouver I might be able to hook you up with someone that could help.

At no point in Trump's rambling, incoherent 1 term presidency was there anything close to what could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the country is now dumber for having experienced it.
#5 (permalink)      12/15/2020 6:48:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FTBuyer2013
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2019
  • Posts 45
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos38
+1 details
Sounded more like trance to me....kudos for doing it...although not my thing.
I`d shove several multi layered synths over it.....hehe

OT: Skeets; I thought you were a female.
#6 (permalink)      12/15/2020 7:54:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7717
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4505
+1 details
Techno is a general genre. Trance, industrial, et all are all subsets/off-shoots.
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#7 (permalink)      12/15/2020 8:25:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
furcifernova
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3305
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos2785
+1 details
vapeluvr wrote:

Techno is a general genre. Trance, industrial, et all are all subsets/off-shoots.

"Electronic" seems to be the favored term these days. I would have referred to it as techno in the 90's, and bands like Depeche Mode and New Order as electronic or alternative. House music was college play like Jamiroquia, now it seems to refer to a type of electronic.

At no point in Trump's rambling, incoherent 1 term presidency was there anything close to what could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the country is now dumber for having experienced it.
#8 (permalink)      12/15/2020 8:28:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
furcifernova
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3305
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos2785
+1 details
FTBuyer2013 wrote:

Sounded more like trance to me....kudos for doing it...although not my thing.
I`d shove several multi layered synths over it.....hehe

OT: Skeets; I thought you were a female.

lol, to me trance is more of a flowing, rising and falling beat. But there's no wrong answer in my experience.

#9 (permalink)      12/15/2020 11:16:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FTBuyer2013
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2019
  • Posts 45
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos38
+1 details
I kind of derailed this thread a bit.... +1 for Gatok for getting something actually done....

I haven`t touched audio s/w for some years now so out of the loop....typical Gemini, do it then get bored.
#10 (permalink)      12/16/2020 6:36:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+1 details
I've had the tune on repeat for about 45 minutes today while I did some winter maintenance. We got our first snow here in Virginia today so it played on my phone while I got dirty! The early bit was too sparse for me, but hey, it picked up later and didn't have me reaching to turn it off! Keep at it, early on when I recorded music myself technical ability with recording equipment, plug-ins, etc held me back quite a bit, as I insisted on trial and error instead of watching what I now know to be very informative instructional videos. Time well spent for me...It opened EZDrummer's world to me and I kicked the Drum machine to the curb!
What does he mean when he says words?
#11 (permalink)      12/16/2020 7:08:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gatok
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 737
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1095
+1 details
Reading "Music habits - the mental game of electronic music production" by Jason Timothy, was a game changer for me. I think it works for any musical genre.

It led me to the path of finishing songs.

Thank you all for your comments.