Any Techno producers here?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      12/16/2020 7:08:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Gatok
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 737
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1095
+1 details
Reading "Music habits - the mental game of electronic music production" by Jason Timothy, was a game changer for me. I think it works for any musical genre.

It led me to the path of finishing songs.



Thank you all for your comments.
#12 (permalink)      12/17/2020 6:33:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
JayJayMcKlay
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 389
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos322
+1 details
Not bad but to me it kind of missing a/the climax.
The internet used to be all about spreading and sharing knowledge, but today it seems that it's mostly about spreading ignorance.
#13 (permalink)      12/17/2020 7:50:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Gatok
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 737
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1095
JayJayMcKlay wrote:

Not bad but to me it kind of missing a/the climax.



I take note of that. Thanks.

#14 (permalink)      12/18/2020 3:56:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
+1 details
Tested on Senns 595 w/Sonarworks HD 600 correction and Beyers 770 pro corrected too. Stereo img is good but bd is wide.

The track sounds good, i like the lead/melody ppg/waldorf-ish texture.

\i'd try a variation: do a 2 layer bd: one a 35-40 sine with a short pitch env on it, as a sub, 100% mono, and an acoustic or 909 with the attack cut andeq-d to not intersect with the sub, pan just the mids of this texture layer, cause to me the bd is a bit wide.

Also i would try a variation where just the metallic wavetable melody is solo in the mid of song,more delay/rev, then start adding to a climax and then slow everything up to 3/4 of the tempo , with all the cyberpunk craze right now, dark electro, would be interesting to hear.

I like the track ( and your posts) Peace !

Nord Mod g1/Evolver/Blofeld/Dx7II/Pulse1/1milplugs
#15 (permalink)      12/18/2020 7:56:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Gatok
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 737
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1095
VeeRay wrote:

Tested on Senns 595 w/Sonarworks HD 600 correction and Beyers 770 pro corrected too. Stereo img is good but bd is wide.

The track sounds good, i like the lead/melody ppg/waldorf-ish texture.

\i'd try a variation: do a 2 layer bd: one a 35-40 sine with a short pitch env on it, as a sub, 100% mono, and an acoustic or 909 with the attack cut andeq-d to not intersect with the sub, pan just the mids of this texture layer, cause to me the bd is a bit wide.

Also i would try a variation where just the metallic wavetable melody is solo in the mid of song,more delay/rev, then start adding to a climax and then slow everything up to 3/4 of the tempo , with all the cyberpunk craze right now, dark electro, would be interesting to hear.

I like the track ( and your posts) Peace !

Nord Mod g1/Evolver/Blofeld/Dx7II/Pulse1/1milplugs



Hi.

Thank you for the tips, I will do a rearrangement and put them into practice.


I adjusted the sub (rumble) to mono, below 130Hz.




And the overall song (master) below 50Hz




Also, I added Wider to the Leads, for some stereo spreading.




Tweaking these parameters could make the wide right?

What do you mean with "bd"?


Thanks a lot, my friend.


Edited on 12/18/2020 at 7:57 PM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      12/18/2020 8:44:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
+1 details
By "BD" i mean Bass Drum, or kick. I usually use up to 4 layers, a sine sub (100% mono) then textures, and tweak the EQ/sample start/what not, so i can tune the fundamental ( the sinewave+ pitch envelope) and then add flavor with the (up to) 3 remaining layers. Can do it in drum rack, or as an instrument group

Instead of using the equal L-R strength Wider, which btw adds Db after the 100% setting, on an already fluctuating phase sound like your Serum, I'd rather use 2 identical serum tracks, pan them left and right to your taste, but slightly modify the WT position and filter or modulations on the right track, maybe add a simple 10 ms non clocked delay. that 10 ms delay does wonders - it's caled the Haas effect. It will widen the sound far more interesting than Wider. I avoid that plug.

https://producelikeapro.com/blog/haas-effect/

Also, remember, ableton, unlike the rest, adds Db too when you pan.Even if using "Utility" to pan- which is the right way- volume automation too. Maybe you'd like to render the stems and mix in some other daw....


There is no right or wrong if it sounds good but me personally , i always use the reverb as a send , not a channel insert.
This way i can compress/eq/process the reverb only, and you always have the option to adjust the dry/wet via the A/B/C etc send, and also, you have the option to render the reverb as a stem, maybe reverse it, you know. More options. More control.Eq before and maybe after reverb, but always one eq before the reverb.
#17 (permalink)      12/19/2020 6:42:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
blackhack
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 662
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos487
+1 details
Something I threw together a while back just for a bit of fun.

https://soundcloud.com/edward-black-121283474/electronic-music
Insert smart and witty comment here.....
#18 (permalink)      12/19/2020 4:51:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Gatok
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 737
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1095
VeeRay wrote:

By "BD" i mean Bass Drum, or kick. I usually...




I will definitely put these things into practice.

Thanks bro.

#19 (permalink)      12/19/2020 4:57:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Gatok
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 737
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1095
blackhack wrote:

Something I threw together a while back just for a bit of fun...



Nice tune. It sounds good, a bit experimental, you should have continued producing.