Ivermectin is saving lives. Why doctors keep hidden the info's?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      1/26/2021 4:59:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Liberal_Lefty
  • JoinedJan 2021
  • Posts 158
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos89
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

the amount needed to do the job is much higher than any current human approved dose...thats the issue. So, like I said, who's going first? I've already had the Corona virus, and I kicked its ass.

Ask your lungs that again in 10 years, superhero.

#12 (permalink)      1/26/2021 6:54:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8525
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos30893
+7 details
yoshy262 wrote:

Ok, whatever.
You better start doing your homework

I really don't have to. Or better said: I wouldn't even know how to. I have no clue about medicine. And neither do you. You're simply embracing some newspaper articles and some youtube clips that agree with you, and ignoring all the others that disagree with you. That's not "doing homework", it's literally the opposite: you're creating your own bubble of misinformation.

Science is our most reliable pathway to truth. Experts in this field should do this homework for you. And as soon as they have, and their experiments can be repeated by their peers and each time give reliably similar results, only then can we "do our homework", by reading their peer-reviewed studies.

I could post 5 newspaper articles that claim someone's cancer was cured by lemon tea, and then reply to your justified skepticism with 5 more random Youtube clips claiming the same thing and a glib "well, do your homework". But that'd just be silliness pretending to be knowledge. As is this thread.

#13 (permalink)      1/26/2021 8:06:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
furcifernova
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3305
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos2783
+4 details
airwinny wrote:

I have no clue about medicine. And neither do you. You're simply embracing some newspaper articles and some youtube clips that agree with you, and ignoring all the others that disagree with you.

Very few people are willing to admit this. The Dunning-Kruger is a powerful force.

I blame the internet. People confuse internet "experts" with actual experts. This is how you get vaccine hesistancy and people wanting off label use of livestock medicine.

At no point in Trump's rambling, incoherent 1 term presidency was there anything close to what could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the country is now dumber for having experienced it.
#14 (permalink)      1/26/2021 10:01:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 3182
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos3203
airwinny wrote:

yoshy262 wrote:
Ok, whatever.
You better start doing your homework
I really don't have to. Or better said: I wouldn't even know how to. I have no clue about medicine. And neither do you. You're simply embracing some newspaper articles and some youtube clips that agree with you, and ignoring all the others that disagree with you. That's not "doing homework", it's literally the opposite: you're creating your own bubble of misinformation.

Science is our most reliable pathway to truth. Experts in this field should do this homework for you. And as soon as they have, and their experiments can be repeated by their peers and each time give reliably similar results, only then can we "do our homework", by reading their peer-reviewed studies.

I could post 5 newspaper articles that claim someone's cancer was cured by lemon tea, and then reply to your justified skepticism with 5 more random Youtube clips claiming the same thing and a glib "well, do your homework". But that'd just be silliness pretending to be knowledge. As is this thread.

Who is the simpleton now?
Can I ask you why you are trusting with your own life an vaccine developed in only 9 months, without any test trials?

Let's talk about Ivermectin in a month, we will see who is the moron then

Edited on 1/26/2021 at 10:03 AM. Reason:
Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.
#15 (permalink)      1/26/2021 10:28:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8525
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos30893
+1 details
yoshy262 wrote:

Who is the simpleton now?

Not me. "I don't believe X until evidence arises" should be anyone's default position.

Can I ask you why you are trusting with your own life an vaccine developed in only 9 months, without any test trials?

It's irrelevant to this topic whether or not I do.

Let's talk about Ivermectin in a month, we will see who is the moron then

I never even claimed you were wrong, I said there's no reason to assume you're right. The point is: until we have actual science supporting your claim you can't know whether you're right or not.

#16 (permalink)      1/26/2021 11:28:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 3182
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos3203
+1 details

[b]Database of all ivermectin COVID-19 studies. 55 studies, 21 peer reviewed, 35 with results comparing treatment and control groups. [/b]

Edited on 1/26/2021 at 11:30 AM. Reason:
#17 (permalink)      1/26/2021 12:16:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
furcifernova
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3305
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos2783
+2 details
yoshy262 wrote:

Can I ask you why you are trusting with your own life an vaccine developed in only 9 months, without any test trials?Let's talk about Ivermectin in a month, we will see who is the moron then

You're not a moron.

The problem is this characterization of Invermectin as being "hidden from the public" instead of "not approved for use".

Remdesivir and Invermectin, as well as Hydroxychloroquine were being tested last year as early as February as potential therapeutics. All have been used in special cases and studies for at least 8 months.

The effects of therapeutics aren't exactly known, but the decrease in the death rate is observable. They seem to work to some extent in certain applications.

That being said, these types of treatments, until they are approved are something people need to speak with their doctor about. Chances are your doctor isn't going to assume the liability for taking on experimental treatments without proper data.

Therapeutics are great but they do little to address the transmission and spread, which is the root problem. With the death rate being such a small percentage of the total, therapeutics that work on a small percentage of that small percentage in very specific cases aren't the focus of medicine.

None of this is hidden. Like I say, before the first wave they were being discussed and used. You might be right in a month, or an actual medicine, like the one developed in Quebec, might be more effective with less complications and approved for use much sooner.

That's the truth (to the best of my memory) and if you look at the larger picture it makes sense.

At no point in Trump's rambling, incoherent 1 term presidency was there anything close to what could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the country is now dumber for having experienced it.
#18 (permalink)      1/26/2021 12:19:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2289
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1989
+1 details
Those are almost significant, with lousy confidence intervals, piss-poor controls, and evidence of P-hacking. In other words, no more than an indication that real trials might be a good idea. Again, preliminary results at best - like every other "COVID miracle" that's popped up in the past year.
#19 (permalink)      1/26/2021 12:31:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 3182
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos3203
+2 details
essellar wrote:

Those are almost significant, with lousy confidence intervals, piss-poor controls, and evidence of P-hacking. In other words, no more than an indication that real trials might be a good idea. Again, preliminary results at best - like every other "COVID miracle" that's popped up in the past year.

In case you've miss it, and this is in USA:

#20 (permalink)      1/26/2021 2:01:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3686
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2295
+2 details
Liberal_Lefty wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
the amount needed to do the job is much higher than any current human approved dose...thats the issue. So, like I said, who's going first? I've already had the Corona virus, and I kicked its ass.

I can ask them now. they're fine. My experience was what most people experience - a powerful flu, with fever,chills and sweats, body aches, and bad headaches. Now I'm told I have developed antibodies that MAY prevent a future second contraction of the virus. I'm all for it, as it wasn't pleasant by any means. But you're mistaken if you think every person needs a ventilator. Try to push health, not an agenda, "Lefty", OK?

What does he mean when he says words?
#21 (permalink)      1/26/2021 2:10:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 3182
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos3203
carrion4worm wrote:

Liberal_Lefty wrote:
carrion4worm wrote:

I can ask them now. they're fine. My experience was what most people experience - a powerful flu, with fever,chills and sweats, body aches, and bad headaches. Now I'm told I have developed antibodies that MAY prevent a future second contraction of the virus. I'm all for it, as it wasn't pleasant by any means. But you're mistaken if you think every person needs a ventilator. Try to push health, not an agenda, "Lefty", OK?

You will be ok for 3-4 months, top, depending on your immune system.
Be aware that you risk reinfection if you don't use prophylactics like vitamin d, c, zinc, qurecetin and social distancing, masks..etc.

Anyway, taking care of you is nothing wrong.