shopping cart empty
WHO'S HAD THE COVID-19 VACCINATION ? - SHARE EXRERIENCE HERE
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#51 (permalink)      4/21/2021 5:02:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vape4more
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 3095
  • Reviews 113
  • Kudos2191
+1 details
After spending all night online here last night, I'm off to bed early now.

I felt so tired today, like having a flat battery.

Thanks again for all the input and keep them coming in.

Cheers to everyone and stay safe.
#52 (permalink)      4/22/2021 5:01:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
fluffychick
  • JoinedJul 2017
  • Posts 536
  • Reviews 107
  • Kudos461
+4 details
Myself and my family have had at least 1 covid jab - all the Oxford Astra Zeneca...

My sister has had both 1st and 2nd - she had really bad side effects from first one - like the flu and was in bed for 2 days, her 2nd jab did similar but was only 1 day she was in bed.

My dad who is 84 has had both jabs too and apart from sore arm and feeling tired he has been fine.

I had my 1st jab in March and I had a achy arm and felt a bit run down - but I had been feeling like that before the jab so I didnt consider it a side effect - I am due for my 2nd at end of May.

Similar story with other friends and neighbours - some had a rough day or two after and others were pretty much fine. It is so strange how random the side effects are - you just cant predict.

What I will say from the people I know who have had it - their side effects were still better than getting Covid.
#53 (permalink)      4/22/2021 7:19:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blackhack
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 458
  • Reviews 65
  • Kudos311
+2 details
Got my appointment for jab No2 next Tuesday......Here's hoping that I can get it a bit quicker than the first one, I stood in a queue for over an hour the first time.
#54 (permalink)      4/22/2021 11:46:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
thill1951
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5941
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos2677
+7 details
I got BOTH my Moderna vaccines..1st one in February, 2nd one in March (28 days later).....I had absolutely NO side affects from either, not even a sore arm..

I do know many who have had either Moderna or Pfeizer, the affects can differ from person to person....the key is hydration and possibly a tylenol after the vaccine, but I didn't require either.

I know many who have died from Covid (more than 100) and many who were in ICU on a ventilator for months and still have long term negative affects with issues walking, and memory lapses....I would MUCH rather live with the vaccine than die with Covid 19.

Edited on 4/22/2021 at 11:57 AM. Reason:
US Military 30 years, Retired Lt Colonel.. Live to Ride, Ride to Live..Love my Harleys and Indians..
#55 (permalink)      4/22/2021 12:18:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7549
  • Reviews 316
  • Kudos4431
thill1951 wrote:

I know many who have died from Covid (more than 100)

Edited on 4/22/2021 at 12:24 PM. Reason:
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#56 (permalink)      4/23/2021 2:40:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Timbo67
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 261
  • Reviews 197
  • Kudos151
+4 details
I've had two shots of Pfizer. After the first I felt generally quite unwell for a week, all of the usual symptoms. I was ill for about five weeks starting in march last year with COVID so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.

My Wife has had one shot of Oxford Astra Zeneca and had a sore arm for a day or two, but she was only ill for a couple of days when she had COVID.

She has pointed out to me on many occasions that my job and the infection prevention team at work gave her COVID so I deserved to suffer more than she did!
#57 (permalink)      4/23/2021 3:34:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mickd
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 8996
  • Reviews 200
  • Kudos25130
+8 details
Oxford vaccine, first shot. Mild ache in injection area with slight headache 24 hrs later. Can't wait for 2nd shot:)
HELP FOR HEROES. SUPPORT OUR TROOPS.
#58 (permalink)      4/23/2021 6:09:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vape4more
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 3095
  • Reviews 113
  • Kudos2191
+6 details
Thank's @ fluffychick'

I hope Sis is feeling fine now.

You mentioned you had the Astra Zeneca vaccine.
How old are you and Sis ? (LOL. you don't need to tell me)
I mentioned, here in Australia Astra Zeneca is only available for people aged over 50.

Thanks also to thill1951,

Being a ex-serviceman I guess you would know a great number of people.
Thanks for the tip's for hydration etc and it's indeed interesting how some have side effects and others don't.
Yes, I also know of the LONG TERM effect of Covid after the initial recovery. It's yet another thing that's shocked me about the Virus. I feel for others and it always makes me sad to see such pain, of the victim, as well as supporting family.
As a side note, Thank you for the selfless service you've given Lt Colonel. V4M salutes you.

Thanks Timbo67,

Mate, NO ONE deserves to suffer. That's just the thing.
It's just something else in this world which upsets me. Bloody Covid.......
Best wises to the Wife and yourself my friend.
Cheers from Australia.

Thanks mickd,

Sounds like you escaped any bad side effect too.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Cheers mate :)

Sorry blackhack, nearly left you out,

I hope you get first place in line mate.
Don't forget to let us know how it goes
Cheers from V4M

ONCE AGAIN, thanks to everyone for taking a few minutes to share, as it gives us all the information we would not otherwise have to understand the side side effects etc. (This info will help others not to panic)

I must say, I think I'm becoming a converted person. Initially, I was going to leave it a while to get vaccinated, however now, when it's my turn, I'm thinking I will roll up my sleeve too.

HEY and don't forget to let us know WHAT COUNTRY you are in.

Cheers to everyone, will log back in tomorrow night.

Edited on 4/23/2021 at 6:40 AM. Reason: Nearly forgot blackhack, then corrected errors
#59 (permalink)      4/23/2021 7:08:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11045
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17094
+2 details
Vape4more wrote:

I mentioned, here in Australia Astra Zeneca is only available for people aged over 50

That may very well change once your colder weather sets in?!

Initially it was the same here. Only over 50. Under 50s they were concerned about potential blood clots.
But with the variants ramping up, that was lowered to over 40.
The chances of a blood clot are so minimal its better to risk that than Covid.
I believe we have had 2 with blood clots here in Canada and both survived just fine.

Bearing mind that the politicians and media like to panic people, at least here we are apparently one hundred people short of a situation whereby they will pick and choose the most likely to survive due to a shortage of beds.
Or so they say.
Personally I don't believe it will come to that and its a bit of fear mongering to force people to remain inside but the Indian variant is now here so best to get a shot if you can V4M even if numbers at the moment are low in Australia.

Edited on 4/23/2021 at 7:09 AM. Reason:
“When peace comes we will perhaps in time be able to forgive the Arabs for killing our sons, but it will be harder for us to forgive them for having forced us to kill their sons.
#60 (permalink)      4/23/2021 7:23:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8336
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos19510
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Spam
#61 (permalink)      4/23/2021 7:26:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8336
  • Reviews 10