[Politics]Obesity.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      9/27/2021 3:06:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2843
  • Reviews 36
  • Kudos4542
+3 details
During my last visit in July, it struck me that they were pushing covid vaccination during publicity spots. However immediately after the pro-vaccination info they put fast-food publicity knowing that fast-food is a main cause of diabetes and that 40% of the people died of covid had diabetes. It's a clear message that they don’t give a f*ck about Americans as individuals but that the economy just has to keep turning. When you start looking into everything that's happening over there, it's difficult not to become anti-American. And the weirdest thing of all is that when you talk to people there, practically nobody is happy with the current situation. But still, nothing changes...

Edited on 9/27/2021 at 3:07 AM. Reason:
We can't agree on everything.
#12 (permalink)      9/27/2021 8:13:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10813
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11490
+2 details
We have too much shot food available and not enough access to quality ingredients to prepare healthy meals in the US.

If I end up in one I order a small burger and eat a bite.

This saves me from having to explain it to my lunch mate.

Too tired to crusade when the temptation is everywhere and most know it's crap nutrition already but like it's taste.

I don't understand why we do this to ourselves anyway.
Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#13 (permalink)      9/27/2021 10:03:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 14249
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos20494
+1 details
It's really kind of amazing how you stop craving the garbage once you're able to break yourself off it for a while.

Crap food is kind of like smoking for me. When I fall off the wagon and give in to temptation, I instantly regret it as it makes me feel awful. Can't even sneak a candy bar as a treat anymore. Good thing though.
"But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days." (Leviticus 12:5)
#14 (permalink)      9/27/2021 1:42:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10813
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11490
javyn wrote:

It's really kind of amazing how you stop craving the garbage once you're able to break yourself off it for a while.

Crap food is kind of like smoking for me. When I fall off the wagon and give in to temptation, I instantly regret it as it makes me feel awful. Can't even sneak a candy bar as a treat anymore. Good thing though.

I agree it's habit forming like sweet snacks. The carbs in a order of fries likely gives a sugar rush and crash like sweets.

Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#15 (permalink)      9/27/2021 4:58:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Plzdie
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedSep 2021
  • Posts 259
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos57
Captain D's 7 days a week. 6 eggs every morning.
1 ounce of marijuana weekly.
1 mixed drink on Sunday.
I'm 85.
#16 (permalink)      10/1/2021 8:17:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Micheal.DeFren
  • JoinedOct 2021
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
+1 details
Dear friends,

After a long period of butthurt, I am back now.
My special Club re-opened.
Please book an appointment at Facebook or Twitter.
My husband and I (we are both big fellas :-)) will personally welcome you with open doors, open arms, and open butt cheeks.

Regards
mickd
#17 (permalink)      10/2/2021 3:39:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mickds.husband
  • JoinedOct 2021
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
+2 details
Dear friends,
As my husband Mickey explained above, we are both big fellas and we like how we are.
So please stop blaming big fat people.

Regards
Alfie
#18 (permalink)      10/5/2021 3:09:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
calJay
  • JoinedOct 2021
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
Obesity is a complex disease involving an excessive amount of body fat. Obesity isn't just a cosmetic concern.
#19 (permalink)      10/5/2021 10:26:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 14249
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos20494
+1 details
I frontload most of my cals early in the day and dinner ends up being really light; meat and vegetables usually. Most importantly, stay active. For me, lots of kettlebell swings every morning, calisthenics whenever I can, and Muay Thai classes. Rapidly burned off that post 40 weight and look and feel better now than I did in my 20s.

Edited on 10/5/2021 at 11:47 AM. Reason:
"But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days." (Leviticus 12:5)
#20 (permalink)      10/12/2021 4:46:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
micks.husband
  • JoinedOct 2021
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
Dear friends,

It's Alfie again, Michael's husband.
Mickey was forced into early retirement and out of sheer frustration he ate mountains of unhealthy food.
He clearly took some weight.
Please don't make jokes about him.
Regards
Alfie
#21 (permalink)      10/14/2021 2:46:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5877
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4190
+2 details
I knew a guy with hyperthyroid, man he could eat ANY thing and not gain a pound.

I don't know about other countries but in the US it is hard to eat healthy. Sugar is added to everything. Processed foods are the norm, even the processed foods that are "healthy" have BS added to them. Every place has soda, it is abnormal to go out to eat and not order a soda.

They make ready made salads in bags with all the ingredients, you would think how can that not be healthy and then you check out the amount of servings and calories.

Beer is my big issue, it is so easy to consume a ton of calories drinking beer.