[Politics]A thread dedicated to delicious right wing culture war cringe.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      12/12/2021 7:14:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12770
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19421
Tom McDonald is full out cringe but I sure wish I were his publishing company.

I wouldn't buy his music nor heard of him until Viking posted a few clips here but he did make me laugh.

The sledgehammer is coming down on the rabid left and these guys are the result.

This one had me laugh.

Kid Rock

Best years ago.
Still a great classic!

#12 (permalink)      12/12/2021 7:22:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12770
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19421
Only 2 shows I watch on TV at the moment I suppose one could consider them right wing cringe but if so, I will take that anytime over news that even OO7 is going non binary next 😂

YellowStone:

Succession:

#13 (permalink)      12/12/2021 9:02:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8866
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos20396
First I would like to thank you for posting some cringe, I was starting to fear that I would have to carry this thread all by my lonesome.

Second, the compulsion you feel to act against any movement towards social progress isn't a product of your hands being forced, it's a product of you being an arch reactionary.

reactionism is a tradition in right-wing politics; the reactionary stance opposes policies for the social transformation of society...

You'd be far less cringe if only you owned it. We can work on your blatant white supremacy next.

Third, I landed on the New Balance More Foam Trail V2 as my new winter shoes. Don't think you care, but since I brought you into the decision I thought I might as well inform you.

Edited on 12/12/2021 at 9:08 AM. Reason:
"My brain is still in recovery mode from taking in so many high level, important ideas" - Dave Rubin
#14 (permalink)      12/12/2021 9:46:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4790
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
Here in America the MAGA crowd has really latched onto "Yellowstone", which I do find ironic (and hilarious). They root against the bankers, landlords, and shady Govt. on the show, and then root for them IRL in the voting booth.

Go Cowboys! YE HAW!
What does he mean when he says words?
#15 (permalink)      12/12/2021 10:23:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12770
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19421
+2 details
TheAtl wrote:

Second, the compulsion you feel to act against any movement towards social progress isn't a product of your hands being forced, it's a product of you being an arch reactionary.

One day if/when I am interested you shall have to explain to me how it is you believe that the world has progressed these last 20-30 years.

Perhaps you are too young yet. Perhaps you have spent far too much times online socially and not IRL. I am not sure what the problem might be but I find your politics rather regressive.
Anything but progressive.

In my world people a great many get along regardless of colour, gender, age or race. In your world, everyone is either a racist, a boomer, and a Nazi unless they robotically follow your group think.

We can work on your blatant white supremacy next.

The one became extremely tired some time ago. You really do need to move on.

Third, I landed on the New Balance More Foam Trail V2 as my new winter shoes. Don't think you care, but since I brought you into the decision I thought I might as well inform you.

Caring might not be the right phrase. I care that you live. I care that you are well. I care that you are happy but I don't care about your NewBalance. I am however interested in your choice. I assume you do understand that, therefore updated me on what direction you took.

I looked at the NB myself. I have several Roam NB and find them extremely comfortable. But when I looked online at the NB Gortex versions, I noticed they had 2 for each size. One including a W, I assume for wider feet and one without.
But all the W size 8 versions I would have purchased were sold out.
I didn't want to risk waiting upon a non W version unless I had tried it on first.
I knew that the Nike Goretex would fit me perfectly as Nike always does.

I will go take a look at the NB again and see if it has updated the 8 W's. I wont be wearing Goretex again until Spring but I am a sucker for lots of great runners. 😛

So I will assume that that fit your foot perfectly?!

Going to try these these ones for myself.

Edited on 12/12/2021 at 11:29 AM. Reason: link
#16 (permalink)      12/12/2021 10:32:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12770
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19421
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Here in America the MAGA crowd has really latched onto "Yellowstone", which I do find ironic (and hilarious). They root against the bankers, landlords, and shady Govt. on the show, and then root for them IRL in the voting booth.

Missing the irony. Many conservatives or Libertarians of the right wish for a less inflated government.

On the other hand I am extremely pro Landlords. Bankers, a necessary evil.

But I think that is a very simplistic outlook on life if you believe it is just a "Maga" crowd that watches YellowStone and your reasoning as to why.

Afraid almost to ask what you must have thought of those that loved shows such as The Sopranos, or Sons of Anarchy.
Perhaps you are trying to read something into nothing at all.

#17 (permalink)      12/12/2021 10:44:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12770
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19421
+1 details
No idea who this writer might be, nor care, less someone try to attack the writer. But I laughed. Although I was not a huge fan of the show Sex in the City I had seen about half a dozen episodes and therefore familiar with the premise and its characters.

I hear that the new one has bombed and why.

Personally I consider the times we live in to be the most repressive I have encountered in my life. Surely very little that is progressive about such. Part of which this person speaks of in relation to this TV reboot.

And Just Like That . . . Sex and the City died of wokeness: MEGHAN McCAIN on how the humorless reboot of a show she used to love has sacrificed its sense of fun to the repressive times in which we live

If only that were the case with the ​misguided, woke reboot of 'Sex and the City'.

The problem with the new series is the clumsy attempt to reformat the show into the woke and puritanical times we are living in.

For example, Carrie now plays the part of the 'cisgender woman' on a podcast with younger co-hosts.

One of them is -- of course -- queer and nonbinary. Because it’s so boring and un-evolved to be a straight white woman.

I don't know who to blame, the writers of the show or this particularly stupid and repressive time we are living in.

There is a way to execute important cultural messages without it feeling like it is being force-fed, and this show -- unfortunately -- really, really fails at that.

It is wokeness superficially shoved down your throat to make a point about wealthy white liberal women ‘evolving’ into the political climate of 2021.

Like so much of the fallacy I find in modern liberalism in major cities, these characters seem to encompass the absurdity of some progressive, woke white women.

I couldn't sum it up even better than The New York Times' review which noted that ‘the whole production feels as if it speed-read How to Be an Antiracist in June of 2020’.

Above all else, and most importantly, it is not fun at all. Not even a little bit.

We are living in one of the most repressive and anti-free speech moments in modern times. There is a palpable paranoia in our art and comedy. Shows and actors (with a few glaring exceptions like Dave Chapelle) are clearly concerned about angering the wrong people, being politically incorrect or not sufficently progressive.

This is not a way to create fun or impactful entertainment.

Wokeness kills everything and I am disappointed to tell you that 'And Just Like That' is another victim of Hollywood trying to placate a specific audience and not the original one, which was made it a hit in the first place.

Do I expect you to understand the above, honestly?

No.
I do not.
Because it encapsulates the mentality of yourself and your friends here rather well.
I do not believe at this point in time you are able to see it clearly.

I believe we have to grow out of this very repressive time we are presently in and perhaps once we do you will one day be able to reflect back upon this time and see it as most sane people today do.

Edit:. Short of growing up with tons of gay friends and seeing all of the fallout when their families discovered they were gay, or not allowed into their partners hospital room when dying of HIV but I was out there on the streets marching for Gay rights when I was younger and doing my part.........We have come a long way since and no one of any importance bats an eye any longer. That was progressive. What you offer today is anything but.

Edited on 12/12/2021 at 10:48 AM. Reason:
#18 (permalink)      12/12/2021 12:41:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10813
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11490
carrion4worm wrote:

Go Cowboys! YE HAW!

Ok boomer

Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#19 (permalink)      12/12/2021 3:33:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4790
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
Don't know if my 48 year old ass is a "boomer" or not. But I know what I see, and what I hear. And since I'm not retired like you old farts, I travel and congregate with people much more than you keyboard huggers. All my MAGA loving co-workers are furious at Yellowstone's new "wokeness" this season, due to some new brown skinned animal activist, or something like that....personally I don't watch it...cuz braincells and all...

Edited on 12/12/2021 at 3:34 PM. Reason:
#20 (permalink)      12/12/2021 4:10:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10813
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11490
carrion4worm wrote:

Don't know if my 48 year old ass is a "boomer" or not. But I know what I see, and what I hear. And since I'm not retired like you old farts, I travel and congregate with people much more than you keyboard huggers. All my MAGA loving co-workers are furious at Yellowstone's new "wokeness" this season, due to some new brown skinned animal activist, or something like that....personally I don't watch it...cuz braincells and all...

Ok boomer

Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#21 (permalink)      12/12/2021 4:16:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4790
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
+1 details
...when you strike that nerve...

So, I am a boomer? Good to know. I leave others who LOVE to classify to do those menial tasks. I know ONE thing: you could kick my ass at Solitaire!