[Politics]A thread dedicated to delicious right wing culture war cringe.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      12/13/2021 4:11:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4790
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
I guess I like shacks too, lol, since apparently I live in one. I own my "shack", and ain't afraid to post real personal info,,,Shlag is, cuz she's a phony.

Still, think you might be getting confused on Google view, however....lol

EDIT: love the "logic", though. So, NO ONE in NYC is lonely, right? You are a fucking joke. How many "life changing" or "monumental" discussions does your owner have while walking your big ass?

Edited on 12/13/2021 at 4:30 AM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#32 (permalink)      12/13/2021 6:18:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8866
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos20396
+1 details
arboreal wrote:

They're not great on snow and ice though. How are the Trail V2s?

Shucks, I have a new pair of Rebel V2s I've yet to try.

I believe they are the exact same shoes as the More V3s just with a reinforced upper and a Vibram outsole. First impression of the Trail V2s is excellent. Did a really short run around the block on Saturday on hard packed snow/ice with about an inch of fresh snow on top just to test them out and they were good (on par with my Salomon trail shoes, significantly better than my Nike and Asics running shoes). Did a slow and easy 10k today on slush/wet ice (yikes) which left me thoroughly impressed with the grip (I didn't die, didn't come close even). The rubber is still really fresh and sticky to the touch though so I'm not sure how well it will last.

I'm injury prone myself (ankle and hip mobility/strength issues resulting in me supinating kinda badly and having a crossover gait), so the wide platform and cushioned ride is a huge plus. That said they didn't feel quite as plush and soft as I was hoping for, but the outsole probably plays a huge part in that.

Never had a shoe with such pronounced rocker geometry before, but I think I like it.

Don't think I would ever buy them as a pure trail shoe though, way too heavy and clunky, I'd probably roll my ankle within fifteen minutes given how clumsy I am, but then most of the trails in my erea are quite gnarly (more hikes really, that's Norway for you).

I was looking at the Speedgoat 4s, but price and availability in my size steered me elsewhere. Peg Trail 3 also, but I had a pair with Nike's react foam die on me right before they passed 400km. I guess that's what you get when you run like you are trying to stomp the ground to death.

Edited on 12/13/2021 at 6:28 AM. Reason:
"My brain is still in recovery mode from taking in so many high level, important ideas" - Dave Rubin
#33 (permalink)      12/13/2021 7:26:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12770
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19421
Problem with great runners are you just cant wear anything else as comfortably again.

Love the Nike Pegasus Gore-tex runners I purchased last month but as I always have my dog with me and cut through muddy or watery soaked trails and fields, I had to put them away until spring.

Picked up a pair of these hiking boots the other day. Do the job but my feet are spoiled by the NewBalance Foam or Nikes and now I find all other shoes/boots a bit hard underneath the feet. 🥺

Moab 2 Mid Tactical Waterproof Boot

Have 2 pairs of the UGG ADIRONDACK BOOT III which are the most comfy boot I believe I have ever owned BUT now looking at sneaker boots by Sorel

Looked at a great pair by Solomon but again, without being able to try them on first I hear their runners/boots are very narrow. 🥺

But this subject now brought up again reminds me I do need some proper socks for winter runners. So far my feet seem to get too cold in runners right now so not wearing the right socks
#34 (permalink)      12/13/2021 7:32:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12770
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19421
carrion4worm wrote:

How many "life changing" or "monumental" discussions does your owner have while walking your big ass?

All networking. We are all useful to one another, one way or the other. The how of which comes up in conversations.

Big ass?
LOL
I only wish.
I struggle to keep on weight.
I burn off more than I can possibly replace.

Give it up Wormy. Go focus on your extremely tacky and ugly vape gear and tell us all again how we are jealous of you, you poor pathetic 80s wannabee dread reject 😂 🤣

#35 (permalink)      12/13/2021 8:22:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8866
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos20396
+1 details
"My brain is still in recovery mode from taking in so many high level, important ideas" - Dave Rubin
#36 (permalink)      12/13/2021 8:25:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
arboreal
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 688
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos574
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

Love the Nike Pegasus Gore-tex runners I purchased last month but as I always have my dog with me and cut through muddy or watery soaked trails and fields, I had to put them away until spring.

But this subject now brought up again reminds me I do need some proper socks for winter runners. So far my feet seem to get too cold in runners right now so not wearing the right socks

I've spent a fortune over the years on 'waterproof' boots/runners. They're alright until they're not. If water gets in then there's no way for it to get out. And then they take ages to dry out properly. As soon as the goretex/eVent wears out then they're just stupidly sweaty versions of standard boots/runners.

What I found works best is using a WPB (water proof barrier). The simplest/cheapest version is bread bags. Merino liner socks on the feet, bread bags over those and then another pair of socks (Darn Tough hiking socks are what I prefer but we're all different). Then standard vented running shoes. When water gets in, the motion of walking/running squeezes most of it back out again. I suffer with cold feet too and having a WPB certainly keeps my feet plenty warm. Probably a bit sweaty for those with decent circulation.

I've tried the more expensive WPBs like SealSkinz and Dexshell and they were... okay. Rocky Goretex socks are highly regarded (I think they're Canadian?) but I haven't tried those yet.

#37 (permalink)      12/13/2021 8:37:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
arboreal
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 688
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos574
+1 details
TheAtl wrote:

arboreal wrote:
They're not great on snow and ice though. How are the Trail V2s?

Shucks, I have a new pair of Rebel V2s I've yet to try.

I believe they are the exact same shoes as the More V3s just with a reinforced upper and a Vibram outsole. First impression of the Trail V2s is excellent. Did a really short run around the block on Saturday on hard packed snow/ice with about an inch of fresh snow on top just to test them out and they were good (on par with my Salomon trail shoes, significantly better than my Nike and Asics running shoes). Did a slow and easy 10k today on slush/wet ice (yikes) which left me thoroughly impressed with the grip (I didn't die, didn't come close even). The rubber is still really fresh and sticky to the touch though so I'm not sure how well it will last.

I'm injury prone myself (ankle and hip mobility/strength issues resulting in me supinating kinda badly and having a crossover gait), so the wide platform and cushioned ride is a huge plus. That said they didn't feel quite as plush and soft as I was hoping for, but the outsole probably plays a huge part in that.

Never had a shoe with such pronounced rocker geometry before, but I think I like it.

Don't think I would ever buy them as a pure trail shoe though, way too heavy and clunky, I'd probably roll my ankle within fifteen minutes given how clumsy I am, but then most of the trails in my erea are quite gnarly (more hikes really, that's Norway for you).

I was looking at the Speedgoat 4s, but price and availability in my size steered me elsewhere. Peg Trail 3 also, but I had a pair with Nike's react foam die on me right before they passed 400km. I guess that's what you get when you run like you are trying to stomp the ground to death.

Yes, I used nike pegasus religiously for years but they got more and more flimsy with each version.

Speedgoats have the Vibram outer too so you may be onto something with that affecting the cushioning.

I've got a pair of Saucony Peregrines waiting to be tested when I go trail running next.

#38 (permalink)      12/13/2021 9:59:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 14249
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos20494
+1 details
TheAtl wrote:
[quote][/quote]

ROFL

Great thread, I approve.

Funny whose feelings are hurt now. As far as getting off goes, righties may have to "take personal responsibility" from now on, if ya know what I mean (You do.).

"But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days." (Leviticus 12:5)
#39 (permalink)      12/13/2021 10:00:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12770
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19421
arboreal wrote:

Merino liner socks on the feet, bread bags over those and then another pair of socks (Darn Tough hiking socks are what I prefer but we're all different). Then standard vented running shoes. When water gets in, the motion of walking/running squeezes most of it back out again. I suffer with cold feet too and having a WPB certainly keeps my feet plenty warm. Probably a bit sweaty for those with decent circulation.

re highly regarded (I think they're Canadian?) but I haven't tried those yet.

Looked up Rocky Stretch so far and they are US made but perhaps too much for my needs.

I am not a runner as you and TheAlt but a strong walker so I don't have the same requirements. But looking for options. I would favour the feel of Merino or cashmere socks but they are not practical with a very furry dog. Fur gets in everywhere so I have to stick to easy to wash/dry materials.

My feet tend towards being too warm not cold but here in snowy weather my regular socks aren't working in trail shoes but this is the first year I am trying to get out of boots with inner sheepskin linings so I never needed particularly warmer socks.

These Pegasus Trail 3 were my first gore-tex runners and for my needs as a walker they are very comfortable. Cant speak for one that runs.
But I purchased them just to use when in grass, before the snow comes, when needing something relatively waterproof but come heavy rain or snow they are put away until early spring again.

In short I love the Nike Gore-tex shoes but not convinced I would stick with Gore-tex again as it just seems the window for usage is too short for me.

I am in and out so often daily that I find I need about 6 pairs of runners being rotated and 4 warm boots or trail boots as I get them so mucky and don't always have time to clean them in between trips.

Great hint about the dual socks and bag though. Will have to try that one day.

#40 (permalink)      12/13/2021 10:16:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 14249
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos20494
Dear God, so much text devoted to saying nothing at all, typical Schlag move.

"But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days." (Leviticus 12:5)
#41 (permalink)      12/13/2021 11:14:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 14249
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos20494
+2 details
"Conservatives are getting better at comedy and it's making the Left nervous."