Dodgy Posts ;-)....
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      2/7/2022 3:42:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12923
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19756
etcetera wrote:

I kind of realized that the website info I was seeing/pasting was for people who were considering them for pets, what their needs would be and not for people with actual livestock for them to guard.

It's interesting though. I liked hearing about their traits/personalities, being possessive of their owners if not able to do their livestock guarding, and possessive of their toys and beds, etc.

My boy is also a LGD and I I have found those traits in his case at least to be accurate.

Not having sheep or goats to guard he has made me his livestock to guard which at times can be a bit annoying, having a shadow 24/7.

Definitely same sex aggressive but it depends on the nature of the other male dog. If that male dog tries to dominate him, mine will growl to scare him off but if that male dog doesn't submit mine will pin him down to show dominance.
If the other male dog treats him as an equal and just wants to be buddies, they will play and get along.
If that other male is too submissive, I keep their interactions extremely short.

Mine is possessive of his treats. I don't dare give a dog that is not a part of his pack a treat, unless I give one to Oskar first. He will guard more if the treat is given to a male but will allow females more leeway.
He also resource guards me.
If another dog comes up and unexpectedly jumps up on me if it is a male...well lets just say I don't allow any to do so.
If a female dog friend does so he will just playfully push her out of the way but the wrong male would be pinned down and made to submit.

Vape8 has a large pack that know one another and where they stand amongst themselves but in a large city encountering 100 + dogs a day, its a bit tricker.

#32 (permalink)      2/7/2022 4:20:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21593
+3 details
Eric, you are so "Out of left field" it is difficult to know what you are attempting to achieve, you paste a post which only has to do with dogs and is directed in reply to another member. That said, it sounds to me as though you are trying out some kind of amateur psychological assessment. That may work for you in the nursing home or with your "tribe", but it won't work here with me.
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#33 (permalink)      2/7/2022 4:45:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12085
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32122
+3 details
He’s just attention seeking as usual.

Lay off the fentanyl Eric, right?
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#34 (permalink)      2/7/2022 5:17:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10883
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11507
vape8ion wrote:

Eric, you are so "Out of left field" it is difficult to know what you are attempting to achieve, you paste a post which only has to do with dogs and is directed in reply to another member. That said, it sounds to me as though you are trying out some kind of amateur psychological assessment. That may work for you in the nursing home or with your "tribe", but it won't work here with me.

Why do you feel threatened?

Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#35 (permalink)      2/7/2022 5:40:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12923
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19756
+1 details
Andy.lion wrote:

Lay off the fentanyl Eric, right?

Perhaps that works with your "tribe" but its rather old, unimaginative, unoriginal and tedious.

Interesting to see someone admit there are tribes here for I am told by t he group of you so often that its all part of my imagination. 😛

So just another toxic troll thread I see.

Should be deleted.

#36 (permalink)      2/7/2022 5:49:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12085
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32122
+2 details
Or you could just not post continually maybe…?
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#37 (permalink)      2/7/2022 5:50:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21593
+2 details
No, the "tribe" reference is to a post he made about his not your tribe. Try to keep up in order to limit erroneous assumptions.
#38 (permalink)      2/7/2022 6:00:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21593
+1 details

Why do you feel threatened?

I...I....feel so threatened that I am about to cry. Nah, never mind.

#39 (permalink)      2/7/2022 6:01:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12923
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19756
Andy.lion wrote:

Or you could just not post continually maybe…?

Stop jumping up and down waving madly for my attention.

Quite a simple concept but far too complicated for you to grasp it would appear.

#40 (permalink)      2/7/2022 7:47:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10883
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11507
vape8ion wrote:

No, the "tribe" reference is to a post he made about his not your tribe. Try to keep up in order to limit erroneous assumptions.

Maybe I am part of more tribes?

Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#41 (permalink)      2/8/2022 3:45:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12085
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32122
+1 details
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Personal fights