Trump and COVID
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#81 (permalink)      5/12/2022 8:51:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26259
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21049
More assumptions... Clueless...

'The majority SHOULD rule, that's how it's supposed to work!'

LOL seriously... Two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for lunch...

Check your civics book... We are a republic... May want to dig into the bill of rights as well...

Edited on 5/12/2022 at 8:59 PM
It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...
#82 (permalink)      5/14/2022 7:35:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
+1 details
Better yet, You TELL US how that (the word "REPUBLIC") changes what a Democracy is!

I'll wait...remember, I've got tons of dumb construction worker friends, who like you, get their info from FB memes....

And yes, I know the one you mentioned is currently making the rounds, more disinformation - anything to keep you in the fog, and on "TEAM MILLIONAIRE", while you scrape up enough to pay bills. I hope it tastes good! (whatever you're sucking on)
What does he mean when he says words?
#83 (permalink)      5/15/2022 6:57:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26259
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21049
+1 details
Inalienable rights cannot be taken away by the government, even if a majority of voters supports doing so... Minority are protected from majority abusing them (See above wolf sheep)... In a pure democracy the sheep is lunch...

You really need to reel in your assumptions... It portrays you as clueless and immature...
It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...
#84 (permalink)      5/16/2022 4:02:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
Your first sentence, while correct, has nothing to do with the nature of what a democracy is, and stands for.

You can just give up on trying to portray me as anything but highly informed!

I still await your reasoning behind how the word "republic" changes what "DEMOCRACY" represents - ya know, the original talking point you've glossed over in exchange for name calling.

This is why younger people don't buy this crap - there is no meat behind your words, just like "inalienable rights" can be argued over as to what they consist of.

You're gonna have to do better. Calling names betrays your actual knowledge of the subject matter at hand - I'm hardly clueless, hardly immature....and you already know that.

When you are on the other end, I bet you'll feel differently. Hell, I bet you cried like a baby when Trump lost. Remember, I said that we need to get back to the original purpose of our government, where majority matters on subjects of debate...so, you support a Monarchy? You can't play both sides, just so you'll feel "correct".
#85 (permalink)      5/16/2022 5:57:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26259
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21049
Try to comprehend what you read...

Minority are protected from majority abusing them (See above wolf sheep)... In a pure democracy the sheep is lunch...

You are highly informed in your own imagination... You assume way too much...

So you support mob rule?
#86 (permalink)      5/16/2022 6:23:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12064
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32085
“Mob rule” you say?

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#87 (permalink)      5/16/2022 6:54:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26259
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21049
If you are really interested in learning try The Federalist Number 10... James Madison does a wonderful job explaining both...
#88 (permalink)      5/16/2022 11:53:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 743
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos656
+2 details
Andy.lion wrote:

“Mob rule” you say?

Good to see so many voluntarily wearing masks, but they let the side down with poor social distancing. Still, baby steps and all that...

#89 (permalink)      5/16/2022 12:26:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Studip
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 267
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos253
+1 details
Yawn... November can't get here fast enough.
#90 (permalink)      5/16/2022 1:59:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 14259
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos20494
carrion4worm wrote:

I still await your reasoning behind how the word "republic" changes what "DEMOCRACY" represents - ya know, the original talking point you've glossed over in exchange for name calling.

We're a democratically elected republic. They just want to forget about the whole "democracy" part because they don't care about protecting downtrodden minorities (obviously, look at what right wing Replacement Theory rhetoric caused this weekend in Buffalo...), but they want minority rule...the wealthy elite minority ruling, specifically.

"But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days." (Leviticus 12:5)
#91 (permalink)      5/18/2022 6:39:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
+2 details
I know, they think by adding the word "REPUBLIC", which to them means "REPUBLICAN", that it somehow changes the nature of how our government works.

There are no sheep/wolves...the scenario he wrote SHOULD read : There are 3 people discussing where to eat lunch, 2 say Arby's , one says McDonalds...so they rightfully go with majority vote and go to ARBYs.

Do these people have the ability to think non-partisan? Obviously not, and is why the right looks so pathetic currently.

Primaries last night showed some promise....a few Trumper-types gone, thankfully. I'[d take Cheney as the gop rep over ANY of those nitwits.