[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Guns Talk
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/2/2022 11:27:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 14429
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos20603
+1 details
Guns Talk
Looking for a double stack 9mm to round out my collection. Thinking about one of those CZ 75 knockoffs. Thoughts?
"But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days." (Leviticus 12:5)
#2 (permalink)      5/2/2022 1:18:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 14429
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos20603
+1 details
Hell, I think I'm just going to go for a 75 SP-01 Tactical. I can afford it. I'm normally an HK fanboy but they haven't done anything interesting in so long.
"But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days." (Leviticus 12:5)
#3 (permalink)      5/6/2022 10:24:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 14429
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos20603
+1 details
Oh man what a great pistol. If anyone's interested in a Wonder Nine, look at CZ. This is going to be a great range gun and open carry for me.

Still, will never give up my P7M13 as far as concealed goes.
#4 (permalink)      5/10/2022 10:00:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21593
+3 details
I own a shiny Bond Arms Snakeslayer. I keep it under my truck seat. On my way to do some shopping the other day, a car got behind me very close, and I was boxed in and could not get around the car on my right. When I finally did, the guy who was on my ass remained on my tail and started flipping me off. He followed me into my Costco parking lot, and after I parked he stopped and got out of the car and approached me, really pissed for what reason I did not know. As I saw him follow me, I reached under my seat and un-holstered the firearm and placed it on my dash and rolled up my window. He came to my window and was about to say something but left immediately in silence. Open carry is a great tool.
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#5 (permalink)      5/11/2022 9:28:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 14429
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos20603
+1 details
vape8ion wrote:

I own a shiny Bond Arms Snakeslayer. I keep it under my truck seat. On my way to do some shopping the other day, a car got behind me very close, and I was boxed in and could not get around the car on my right. When I finally did, the guy who was on my ass remained on my tail and started flipping me off. He followed me into my Costco parking lot, and after I parked he stopped and got out of the car and approached me, really pissed for what reason I did not know. As I saw him follow me, I reached under my seat and un-holstered the firearm and placed it on my dash and rolled up my window. He came to my window and was about to say something but left immediately in silence. Open carry is a great tool.

Hah, yep. Road rage is a huge prob here too. Not to sound like some prepper or gravy seal, but need to be ready for any situation.

edit: Just be careful with buckshot though for home defense. Steel #6 probably best to keep from traveling too far.

Edited on 5/11/2022 at 10:02 AM
#6 (permalink)      5/11/2022 2:19:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21593
+3 details
I have a .44 slug in one chamber and buck in the other. Either way, it is pretty devastating at close range. I would be intimidated looking down both those barrels. When I bought it, it was a "farm tool" but turned into deterrent self-defense after too many road rage incidents on the way to town. Seems my little old Toyota pickup just pisses people off. I figure that if I just show it, I'll not have to use it. Problem here is that a lot of folks carry and one never knows, so yeah, prepared is good.

For home defense, I have almost a dozen dogs that average 100 lbs and a Henry rifle.
#7 (permalink)      5/11/2022 2:42:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
javyn
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 14429
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos20603
+2 details
Winchester 1300 D with pistol grip and pistol grip forend mod here for home. I've never seen that Snakeslayer before looks pretty cool.

Question now is, do I want to mod my CZ 75? Decisions decisions. The Cajun Gun Works trigger kit looks verrryyyy tempting lol

Edited on 5/11/2022 at 2:49 PM
#8 (permalink)      5/11/2022 7:49:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11042
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6908
+1 details
Laws have changed since my last look up. Applying for my foid soon enough.

Recommend me something strange.
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#9 (permalink)      5/12/2022 12:09:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4382
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos16274
+3 details
It’s pretty funny that only the “liberals” participate in the gun thread? 😂 my cheap ass (but reliable) maverick w/pistol grip is locked and loaded with buckshot just in case … the rest of the arsenal have easily accessible clips ready to go. *waves to javyn, v8, and all the other gun toting “liberals” 🤣
If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#10 (permalink)      5/12/2022 9:20:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21593
+2 details
I don't know that I am a "liberal" or a "conservative". I am really "anti" just about every political point of view that I've seen/heard expressed. I just like firearms and sharp, pointy things and would have many more than I do, cash notwithstanding.

Good to see you here Jubbs!
#11 (permalink)      5/12/2022 9:27:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21593
+2 details

Recommend me something strange.

What do you mean by "strange"?