Fasttech staff ask me to risk my wellbeing.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      6/12/2020 12:49:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26823
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Rude
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#22 (permalink)      6/12/2020 1:06:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7717
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4506
+1 details
Crustyfolker wrote:

So i recently ordered 2 of these.SKU 9623614. One is faulty with a short, as soon as you put a battery in it heats up.SO ticket response was make a video showing the fault. I really don't want to even attempt this, are fasttech staff uneducatated about Mechanical mods. What they want me to video?. the device exploding, My self being injured or what?. My response will be this. I will return the item and you go test it yourself see if you would risk your life over $10.

Please edit your post and add "@Anniepan" to the title. This will get her attention so she can help you in this matter.

Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#23 (permalink)      6/12/2020 1:32:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crustyfolker
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 44
  • Reviews 134
  • Kudos16
+1 details
gph61 wrote:

Crustyfolker wrote:
One is faulty with a short, as soon as you put a battery in it heats up.Why is it shorting? You shouldn't be using a mechanical mod if you don't understand it.

Ok 1st of all why did you jump to a conclusion without asking first. Been vaping 5 plus years i own at least 30 mechs of different variations i am a former reviewer on the vapeforum i use in the UK. Do i need to say any more.
The reason for my post is the fact that I was asked to provide a video to show the problem. What do they expect, me to put a battery in the mech put it outside on the pavement and video it from inside the house showing it exploding. It is a ridiculous request and fasttech staff are the ones who need educating about mech mods. If i had been a novice mech user or a first timer with little knowledge the request could have been fatal.

#24 (permalink)      6/12/2020 1:55:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26823
Crustyfolker wrote:

gph61 wrote:
Crustyfolker wrote:
One is faulty with a short, as soon as you put a battery in it heats up.Why is it shorting? You shouldn't be using a mechanical mod if you don't understand it.

Ok 1st of all why did you jump to a conclusion without asking first. Been vaping 5 plus years i own at least 30 mechs of different variations i am a former reviewer on the vapeforum i use in the UK. Do i need to say any more.
The reason for my post is the fact that I was asked to provide a video to show the problem. What do they expect, me to put a battery in the mech put it outside on the pavement and video it from inside the house showing it exploding. It is a ridiculous request and fasttech staff are the ones who need educating about mech mods. If i had been a novice mech user or a first timer with little knowledge the request could have been fatal.

You have 2 of them. Figure out what's wrong and insist on just sending pics showing the problem.

If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#25 (permalink)      6/12/2020 1:58:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26823
They just need something tangible to show the manufacturer so they can get reimbursed for it. If they just say "the client says it shorts" the supplier will ask them if the clients batteries are at fault.
#26 (permalink)      6/12/2020 2:04:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crustyfolker
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 44
  • Reviews 134
  • Kudos16
Thanks to everyone for your input but there's no need for you to fall out. I get that this and that is Fasttechs way of business as i said i am an experienced and respected vaper. I just think for the good of the vape community Fasttech should have staff with vaping knowledge answer vaping questions. So the post was actually aimed to see how many other vapers agree more needs to be done safety wise.
#27 (permalink)      6/12/2020 2:04:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26823
BTW, every mod is different. Experience doesn't mean anything from one mod to the next. Maybe I'm not in the norm but I've never put a battery in a mech without tearing it down and understanding how it works first.
#28 (permalink)      6/12/2020 2:15:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crustyfolker
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 44
  • Reviews 134
  • Kudos16
gph61 wrote:

They just need something tangible to show the manufacturer so they can get reimbursed for it. If they just say "the client says it shorts" the supplier will ask them if the clients batteries are at fault.

returning it to them is the only way they would find a problem. If it where a regulated mod it's easy to show the fault. I could find out whats causing the short but i ain't gonna damage my batteries doing so. Might cost more to replace the batteries than the mod cost

#29 (permalink)      6/12/2020 2:25:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26823
Don't put a battery in it, take it apart and see what's wrong with it. If you take them both apart side-by-side you should see a difference somewhere. Take a pic showing the difference.

At a rough guess I've had a dozen new mods that had screws that were too loose or too tight or insulators falling off or springs or magnets misaligned or broken. You need to understand how it works first and maybe tune it a bit or maybe find out that it's going to dead short.

Edited on 6/12/2020 at 2:25 PM. Reason:
#30 (permalink)      6/12/2020 2:49:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16425
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29900
+2 details
Crustyfolker wrote:

Thanks to everyone for your input but there's no need for you to fall out. I get that this and that is Fasttechs way of business as i said i am an experienced and respected vaper. I just think for the good of the vape community Fasttech should have staff with vaping knowledge answer vaping questions. So the post was actually aimed to see how many other vapers agree more needs to be done safety wise.

It seems FT is a site selling every sort of gadgets/others, vape stuff is just a little part of it. If you wish them to be expert of all these, you are expecting a lot. I don't think either that their staff responding to the tickets is more than a dozen of people. (or even less)

Edited on 6/12/2020 at 2:53 PM. Reason:
#31 (permalink)      6/12/2020 3:38:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7717
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4506
OP, next time you find yourself in this situation, you have to be a little more "creative" when contacting FT about a defect which cannot be conveyed (or safely conveyed) in a video, such a mech mod with a hard short. I can't really publicly tell you exactly what you could have done, but just think about it for a minute.
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days