[ALERT]Heads up: we're caught by the COVID locked down in Shenzhen
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/14/2022 6:32:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2698
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2167
+2 details
Still.Me wrote:

It's only a week.

I have to put in an order today now I think of it. So it will take a week to ship. Not the end of the world.

Well, the shutdown is only (currently) for a week, but the backlog with both the retailers and the shippers once things open up again is likely to last somewhat longer I'm afraid.

However, when one thinks back only two years ago, when shipping alone was taking more than three months, two or three weeks extra is no big deal. :-)

And who knows, today Shenzhen, tomorrow Berlin, London the day after, and New York next week. We're living in very uncertain times right now.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#12 (permalink)      3/14/2022 7:40:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12778
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19443
+3 details
analogueman wrote:

but the backlog with both the retailers and the shippers once things open up again is likely to last somewhat longer I'm afraid.

Good Point.
I am afraid I have been so busy the last month I havent had time to keep up on the news.

Just had dinner with a g/f from the CDC and I really must have had my head in the sand.
I understand this variant in China is a variant of Omnicron.
Understand its already showing up in small numbers throughout Europe and even here.

Sighs. I thought as we were coming out of winter and all the mandates here that we would finally have a bit of a break due to the warmth but now I understand I will be due a 4th booster come April.
I understand they are all quite concerned about the 50% vaccine rate in Ukraine and now all the people fleeing into Europe.

Here we go again.

Just got in and too tired to put in an order but will do so in the AM, not that there appears to be any rush to do so.

#13 (permalink)      3/14/2022 8:53:30 PM US Central  
Putinspissy
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedMar 2022
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Message removed by a moderator (offensive)
#14 (permalink)      3/14/2022 8:54:24 PM US Central  
Putinspissy
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedMar 2022
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Message removed by a moderator (offensive)
#15 (permalink)      3/14/2022 10:33:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4445
+4 details
Thank you again for everyone's kind words. We are expecting the lockdown to end by the end of the week but if anything changes, we will post updates immediately here.

@Putinspissy, I share the same feelings about Ukraine and/or whether China's being an accomplice or not, but this is not the place for such comments and vulgar words are in violation of forum terms.

Edited on 3/18/2022 at 8:33 PM. Reason:
All questions and comments are welcome. We are here to help.
#16 (permalink)      3/15/2022 2:48:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2698
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2167
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

Just had dinner with a g/f from the CDC and I really must have had my head in the sand.
I understand this variant in China is a variant of Omnicron.
Understand its already showing up in small numbers throughout Europe and even here.

Sighs. I thought as we were coming out of winter and all the mandates here that we would finally have a bit of a break due to the warmth but now I understand I will be due a 4th booster come April.
I understand they are all quite concerned about the 50% vaccine rate in Ukraine and now all the people fleeing into Europe.

Here we go again.

Just got in and too tired to put in an order but will do so in the AM, not that there appears to be any rush to do so.

Yeah, it all just leaves you thinking "Oh boy!" LOL!!

As a friend of mine mentioned only yesterday; just try focusing on the good things right now. He's currently training a new King Charles Spaniel puppy, and regularly baby-sitting his two-year old granddaughter. And me? Well, I'm aiming to retire from work next year. :-)

geek wrote:

Thank you again for everyone's kind words. We are expecting the lockdown to end by the end of the week but if anything changes, we will post updates immediately here.

Oh. it's probably just a blip. As long as people stay safe, that's the main thing. Perhaps this is a sign of the future, where new variants occasionally pop up, and result in short localised shut-downs.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#17 (permalink)      3/15/2022 6:04:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 502
  • Reviews 123
  • Kudos255
+2 details
Wish all FT staff and affiliates all the patience, serenity and courage to come out of this healthy as ever !
#18 (permalink)      3/15/2022 8:22:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rico300zx
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1204
  • Reviews 148
  • Kudos347
+1 details
How about. %10 off to stir up some business since things are slow?
www.youtube.com/rico300zx (Hand Strength and Weight Lifting in case your interested)
#19 (permalink)      3/18/2022 12:34:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2849
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos4551
@geek, any updates on when the lockdown will be lifted?
We can't agree on everything.
#20 (permalink)      3/18/2022 1:27:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4445
+2 details
There is no new information from the government, which means at this time the lockdown is expected to end as previously announced.

We have our fingers crossed.
All questions and comments are welcome. We are here to help.
#21 (permalink)      3/18/2022 6:04:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26259
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21049
+1 details
geek wrote:

IMHO the lockdown will only serve to delay the inevitable.

No doubt, so much for the lockdowns, vaccines, and masks...

On a brighter note we have a very adaptive God given immune system ;)

Just poked in to make a long overdue order... Any idea how much time a weeks back log will add to shipping or which will be the best shipping method to the states after the all clear is given?

It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...