[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
"Chi-Fi"?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/10/2021 1:39:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21594
+1 details
"Chi-Fi"?
I have been doing a search for a new set of wired earbuds and ran across this term. Following up, I discovered many manufacturers of "Hi-Fi" earbuds to replace my deteriorating Bose set. Anyone out there able to point me in the direction of a reliable set that does not break the bank? No Bluetooth thank-you.
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#2 (permalink)      11/10/2021 2:59:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8760
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31437
+3 details
I used to have a pair of these Xiaomi ones: SKU 6230400
They're really good.

But I lost them at some point, bought a pair from a brand named Benewy, (can't find them on FT) which was the most popular set according to Bezos, they were somewhere around $12, and honestly equally good.
#3 (permalink)      11/10/2021 3:09:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8866
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos20398
+2 details
TRN makes decent enough stuff and there's quite a selection available here (I really enjoyed my V90s until I broke them in my car door). KZ have a few popular reasonably priced models that you could look into. Blon bl-03 used to be all the rage a while back, you should be able to get those for around 20 bucks these days I think(?), an absolute steal (I had trouble getting a good seal with mine unfortunately, but that's my ears fault, not the earbuds).

Edited on 11/11/2021 at 2:01 PM. Reason:
"My brain is still in recovery mode from taking in so many high level, important ideas" - Dave Rubin
#4 (permalink)      11/16/2021 3:56:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21594
+1 details
I have a pair of Xiaomi Bluetooth...wouldn't stay paired outside 5 feet or so, then I tried the upscale Bose. Not much better, so I went back to wired. I ended up with a set of wired Bose, ($75) which have given great service, though the wire casings have degraded quite a bit and, alas, are now discontinued.

After some research, I ordered a mid-priced set of KZ. The sound was really great, but they are heavy, very heavy in the ear and, though no fault of KZ, I could not get a fit in the left ear. I was going to try with a set of memory foam tips, but then I ran across BASN Bmasters, ($90), which are lighter weight and come supplied with rubber, silicone and memory tips, due to be delivered Friday. I opted for their triple drivers even though I am no audiophile and won't be using them as IEMs, just listening to music and gaming. I probably got spoiled for sound by the KZ IEMs. I burned them in with 37 minutes of Cliburns Tchaikovsky 1st from like the 50s. I have listened to that all my life but heard more than ever with the IEMs. I am sold on "ChiFi" buds.

One of the things I really like about where the IEM manufacturers are going is interchangeable cables so, if you wear one out, you just get a new cable, rather than having to trash the buds. Getting used to the "over the ear" thing is another story.

Edited on 11/16/2021 at 4:02 PM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      11/16/2021 6:03:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12085
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32127
I don’t like in-ears at all but I do have a pair of Koss earphones that are fricking amazing.

Edited on 11/16/2021 at 6:09 PM. Reason:
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#6 (permalink)      11/16/2021 6:10:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blackhack
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 662
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos488
I ordered a set of Wave Sound PRO 2.0 last week and I'm waiting on delivery..
Mid priced and got a second set for half price when ordered at the same time.
This is my first foray into ear buds as my wireless headphone pads are on the way out (Stitching is all bust up)
Hoping I can get on with them as in the past with wired hard earplugs I always found them painful to wear for any length of time.
Insert smart and witty comment here.....
#7 (permalink)      11/16/2021 6:20:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12085
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32127
Soundmagic are also award winning wired in-ears.
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#8 (permalink)      11/19/2021 9:34:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21594
BASN Bmasters are worth every penny imo. Way lighter than the KZ and come with enough different tips, there is no problem fitting any ear. Nice case included, so if you want to carry them...no prob. Another plus is that two sets of cables are included, one with mic, one without. Not being an audiophile I cannot give a concise breakdown on the sound, but I burned them in listening to Yuja Wang playing Rachmaninov and by the finale I was hearing a sh*t ton of instruments that I never heard before listening to this same recording with any other device. Pretty amazing for a low/mid-priced set of buds.
#9 (permalink)      11/20/2021 8:20:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1802
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos560
+1 details
Check out Crinacle in youtube if you want golden pieces of advice regarding whether you should buy stuff or not. The guy is cringy though, if you get past that - his advice is very useful.
Smoking is Dead, Vaping is the Future, and the Future is Now... So I will ask a percentage of your sales for each device review I do.
#10 (permalink)      11/20/2021 10:46:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21594
I checked the dude out. Cringy? Yup, but seems to know his shit. His ratings of devices are way above my appreciation. I have no knowledge of the most of the terms he uses, and if I did, it would probably spoil my appreciation for what I have. Ignorance is bliss.
#11 (permalink)      11/20/2021 1:15:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Starquake
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 164
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos90
Brainwavs Delta iems are good value imo

Mod (lydia) edited on 5/24/2022 at 4:46 AM (advertisment link removed)