shopping cart empty
Virus
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      2/18/2020 10:54:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5771
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3710
New2vape wrote:

Hi,Do you think it is safe to order coils from here given that virus. I just want your opinions...no in fighting just opinions...thanks.

It's estimated the virus can live up to 48 hours outside of a human host, I'll be interested in your shipping method if youre still worried.

Always keep your ear to the ground!
#12 (permalink)      2/18/2020 11:24:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
New2vape
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 936
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos1282
ummmm canoe??
Man some of you are crazy motherfkers
#13 (permalink)      2/18/2020 11:48:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2941
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos3071
I did received today a package from China, was send to me on 17 January.
If I will die after 2 weeks then you know why.

Sars virus without a host can survive from 5 minutes to 9 days.
My package was enroute for a month, so is safe.

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/17/health/novel-coronavirus-surfaces-study/index.html
"Based on the current available data, I would primarily rely on the data from SARS coronavirus, which is the closest relative to the novel coronavirus -- with 80% sequence similarity -- among the coronaviruses tested. For SARS coronavirus, the range of persistence on surfaces was less than five minutes to nine days," said Dr. Charles Chiu, an infectious disease professor at the University of California, San Francisco, and director of the USCF-Abbott Viral Diagnostics and Discovery Center, who was not involved in the new study.
"However, it is very difficult to extrapolate these findings to the novel coronavirus due to the different strains, viral titers and environmental conditions that were tested in the various studies and the lack of data on the novel coronavirus itself," he said. "More research using cultures of the novel coronavirus are needed to establish the duration that it can survive on surfaces."

Edited on 2/18/2020 at 11:51 AM. Reason:
Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.
#14 (permalink)      2/19/2020 4:32:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 9819
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11102
+1 details
yoshy262 wrote:

I did received today a package from China, was send to me on 17 January.If I will die after 2 weeks then you know why.Sars virus without a host can survive from 5 minutes to 9 days.My package was enroute for a month, so is safe.Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/17/health/novel-coronavirus-surfaces-study/index.html"Based on the current available data, I would primarily rely on the data from SARS coronavirus, which is the closest relative to the novel coronavirus -- with 80% sequence similarity -- among the coronaviruses tested. For SARS coronavirus, the range of persistence on surfaces was less than five minutes to nine days," said Dr. Charles Chiu, an infectious disease professor at the University of California, San Francisco, and director of the USCF-Abbott Viral Diagnostics and Discovery Center, who was not involved in the new study."However, it is very difficult to extrapolate these findings to the novel coronavirus due to the different strains, viral titers and environmental conditions that were tested in the various studies and the lack of data on the novel coronavirus itself," he said. "More research using cultures of the novel coronavirus are needed to establish the duration that it can survive on surfaces."

now they say no more than nine days on surface without host

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle
#15 (permalink)      2/19/2020 4:40:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11352
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17558
+1 details
Kevin received coils 2 weeks ago and is still very much alive. If there is a cold or virus within 50 miles, he will catch it yet he has survived his coils.

People, RELAX!!
To accuse requires less eloquence than to excuse, such is man's nature, it more "resembles" justice
#16 (permalink)      2/19/2020 4:48:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 9819
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11102
Still.Me wrote:

Kevin received coils 2 weeks ago and is still very much alive. If there is a cold or virus within 50 miles, he will catch it yet he has survived his coils.

People, RELAX!!

not a good example, where did the package originate from? drop ship?

till you know, you don't know

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle
#17 (permalink)      2/19/2020 5:50:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11352
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17558
+2 details
Came from China.

That said, I would not want to be in your position Eric, as a health worker but receiving goods out of China does not concern me.
I have been due my 3 month blood tests for the past 5 weeks and have put it off, not wanting to necessarily be hanging in a hospital but I am no longer concerned, at least here and will get to it one day next week.
To accuse requires less eloquence than to excuse, such is man's nature, it more "resembles" justice