Will I get a full refund incl. delivery if I individually cancel each item if they haven't been sent?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/2/2020 3:46:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yomnm
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Will I get a full refund incl. delivery if I individually cancel each item if they haven't been sent?
Made the order on 20th June, chose expedited shipping to get them quickly.

It's 2nd July now and 2 items are now "restocking" and the other 2 haven't shipped.

The shipping was the most expensive part of the order, ironically.
#2 (permalink)      7/2/2020 4:34:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11465
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5954
Hello yomnm,

I will check the two items' ETA then send a confirmation for you in ticket as sooner as I can.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
#3 (permalink)      7/2/2020 4:40:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yomnm
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Hi Anniepan,

The 2 items' ETA kept getting moved forward, and that's not the type of business model I want to be a customer to. Especially when on https://support.fasttech.com/faq/restocking , you state:

FastTech displays an estimated shipping date in shopping cart and checkout, before orders are placed. **When all other items in your orders are ready to ship and that shipment is past the original estimated shipping date, FastTech automatically moves restocking items into a separate shipment (i.e. split shipment), so that you can quickly receive your order.** This automatic shipment split process takes place every night Hong Kong Time, on business days.

Please refund the full order including delivery, since none of the items have been sent yet.

Edited on 7/2/2020 at 4:42 AM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      7/2/2020 5:42:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11465
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5954
Hello yomnm,

The system will not split the expedited order except the customer requested. We are really sorry about the delay. The order has been cancelled and the full money has been refunded to your Paypal account. Please kindly check.

If you need any other items next time, you can contact me to confirm the stock first, then it has no delay. We do thank you for your support.
#5 (permalink)      7/3/2020 8:51:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yomnm
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Hello,

The restocking faq clearly states that orders will be split automatically; there is a specific subsection called Automatic Split Shipment. It does not even mention expedited orders.

Very disappointed with this. Not only was it a waste of time, literally lost money because of exchange rates changing from order to refund. All for trying to do business with FastTech.
#6 (permalink)      7/3/2020 11:42:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blackhack
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 662
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos488
They just Automatically Split a current order for me.....The one that pisses me off is automatically marking up a package as being delivered, even although it's months after the "Dispatch" and it's still in effin China.

I'm losing patience with fasttech.....I'm giving it to over the weekend then I'm canceling any outstanding orders and asking for a refund on everything that hasn't been dispatched.

Edited on 7/3/2020 at 11:47 AM. Reason:
Insert smart and witty comment here.....
#7 (permalink)      7/3/2020 5:38:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pewpew
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2652
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1094
yomnm wrote:

literally lost money because of exchange rates changing from order to refund

I don't think you can blame anyone for that. It was your responsibility to buy USD cheap.

Also, if I remember correctly, PayPal even undoes their exchange fee when transaction gets refunded.

Anyway, endless "restocking" is very frustrating, I feel your pain. The only way to avoid it is to ask to "check stock" of suspicious items in ticket before placing the order. Or stick to items listed as "in stock".

Edited on 7/3/2020 at 5:44 PM. Reason:
The answer to 1984 is 1973 ยง Panasonic or Samsung - that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.
#8 (permalink)      7/4/2020 2:30:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11465
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5954
yomnm wrote:

Hello,

The restocking faq clearly states that orders will be split automatically; there is a specific subsection called Automatic Split Shipment. It does not even mention expedited orders.

Very disappointed with this. Not only was it a waste of time, literally lost money because of exchange rates changing from order to refund. All for trying to do business with FastTech.

Hello yomnm,

We have reminded in FAQ that the express shipping order will not split automatically: * Except for express and e-express orders, including those that are shipped by the following shipping methods:"

Because we refunded the full money by US dollars, so if it is changed to other currency, it is according to the real time exchange rate. Hope you can understand.

#9 (permalink)      7/6/2020 8:13:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yomnm
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
To clarify: totally agree with everyone that it's not FT's responsibility that the exchange rate changed, obviously. However, the rolling forward "restocking" and ETA definitely is. It was the 27th, then the 30th, then the 5th.

Paying for expedited shipping on something with an extra 7 days restocking ETA is already a bad idea on my part, but when it became ostensibly indefinite, yikes.

Also, FT directs customers to https://support.fasttech.com/faq/restocking when there is an item restocking, not https://support.fasttech.com/FAQ/do-you-do-partial-shipments . No stretch of caveat emptor or reasonable due diligence could include searching for that page.

>Also, if I remember correctly, PayPal even undoes their exchange fee when transaction gets refunded.

Unfortunately you remember very much incorrectly. They definitely do not undo their exchange fees.

Edited on 7/6/2020 at 8:15 PM. Reason: