shopping cart empty
USPS Expedited, USA Express Epacket, or United States Express Epacket
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/25/2021 10:28:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JBatt
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
USPS Expedited, USA Express Epacket, or United States Express Epacket
Unsure on these shipping options since they aren't what I remember. Don't want/need to go the extra for DHL but I can't tell if its worth it to upgrade from the free shipping or not(which used to always be a wise move) What's being shown as my options

USA Express Epacket (routed by Fasttech) - free - 8-25 days

United States Express Epacket - $2.18 - 12-30 days

USPS Expedited - $5.23 - 10-20 days

Looking at the shipping sheet here: https://support.fasttech.com/FAQ/what-are-the-supported-shipping-methods it actually looks like the free option is the fastest both in lowest estimate (8 days) and in the notes (5 days to west coast 8 days to east coast average) However there is no info provided on that page for USPS Expedited.

USPS Expedited is what I used last time on a smaller order and it was 16 days (pretty average for my FT orders) but the tracking showed as label created in a US location for a while before updating as usual whereas normally I get a XXXXXXCN tracking and it shows everything from CN to US. Weird but not really a big deal.

United States Express Epacket doesn't seem like the move to make but I'm torn on whether I should go with the free USA Express Epacket or the USPS Expedited. I don't care to spend the $5 but I'd rather not do it for slower shipping. Any advice here would be appreciated. Thanks!
#2 (permalink)      3/25/2021 11:33:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 194
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos172
+1 details
My last 4 or so recent orders from here using the free USA Express ePacket shipping option have been averaging 2-3 weeks to my door (East coast USA). If it makes you more comfortable to spend the extra $$, it couldn't hurt IMO, but personally, I'll stick with the Express ePacket for free, unless I start to see orders getting hung-up.

Edited on 3/25/2021 at 11:33 AM. Reason:
"We've taken care of everything, The words you read, The songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes"....(Priests of Syrinx, 2112 AD)
#3 (permalink)      3/26/2021 10:35:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7545
  • Reviews 316
  • Kudos4431
+1 details
USPS Expedited is DHL Ecommerce, which is what the vast majority of other chinese vape retailers are using though a 3rd party service. It is ultimately delivered by USPS.

These packages have 2 tracking #s. One 3rd party many seem to use is 4px. I have no idea who FT uses. Many retailers give the 3rd party tracking # which is trackable on the 3rd party's website as well as on USPS (usually). FT only gives the USPS tracking #, which only shows tracking once the package has cleared customs.

Epacket (free) is hit and miss as to how long it will take to get to you. USPS Expedited seems to be more reliable in that sense. But epacket can also be fast sometimes.

I mainly use USPS Expedited anymore. I think the couple dollars is worth it in terms of speed (usually) and reliability.

As far as the United States Express Epacket option, I used it a couple times and never saw any difference from regular, free epacket. The money spent doesn't seem to have any benefit over the free epacket option.
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#4 (permalink)      3/29/2021 2:01:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DarthVap3rrr
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
vapeluvr wrote:

USPS Expedited is DHL Ecommerce, which is what the vast majority of other chinese vape retailers are using though a 3rd party service. It is ultimately delivered by USPS.

These packages have 2 tracking #s. One 3rd party many seem to use is 4px. I have no idea who FT uses. Many retailers give the 3rd party tracking # which is trackable on the 3rd party's website as well as on USPS (usually). FT only gives the USPS tracking #, which only shows tracking once the package has cleared customs.

Epacket (free) is hit and miss as to how long it will take to get to you. USPS Expedited seems to be more reliable in that sense. But epacket can also be fast sometimes.

I mainly use USPS Expedited anymore. I think the couple dollars is worth it in terms of speed (usually) and reliability.

As far as the United States Express Epacket option, I used it a couple times and never saw any difference from regular, free epacket. The money spent doesn't seem to have any benefit over the free epacket option.

Thank you I’m also noticing my orders using USPS Expedited are getting to me quicker than ePacket. I made two large orders of coils at the same time and they happened to be packed and then also shipped at the same time as well. Roughly the same size and weight also.

Used ePacket on one and USPS Expedited on the other.

The USPS Expedited is in my city to be delivered tomorrow. As far as what tracking showed it arrived in Compton on the west coast and then eastward to me on the east coast.

The ePacket tracking shows its current status is since 3/27 in Miami and is being processed by customs.

The price difference between the two shipping methods is negligible so I think I will go with usps expedited for if I make more orders but surely it has to go through customs also right? The tracking just didn’t show that right?

Also there’s extra shipping options if you scroll down to open up. A hard protection box and a gift wrapped hard protection box. I wonder if that will help in the future with vape mail.

#5 (permalink)      3/29/2021 11:37:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DarthVap3rrr
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
The USPS Expedited arrived today in perfect condition condition.

The ePacket made it through customs and is due to arrive in 2 days.
#6 (permalink)      3/29/2021 11:41:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rosemm
  • JoinedApr 2017
  • Posts 241
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos151
Usps expedited took 2 weeks. Order left 15 march, went through customs yesterday and is on its way to destination.
#7 (permalink)      3/30/2021 12:55:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JBatt
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
Thanks for all the replies everyone! Seems Expedited is the new way to go.
#8 (permalink)      4/1/2021 9:59:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DarthVap3rrr
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
+1 details
DarthVap3rrr wrote:

The USPS Expedited arrived today in perfect condition condition.

The ePacket made it through customs and is due to arrive in 2 days.

My ePacket came in today so only 2 days later.

#9 (permalink)      4/7/2021 5:46:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DarthVap3rrr
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
Had two more packages both USPS Expedited. They left FT the same day. Tracking was identical so they were together. The more expensive one arrived several days ago and the other took a detour which makes no sense at all. And now it’s just sitting at its last location for 4 days now.
#10 (permalink)      4/15/2021 11:47:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 38
  • Kudos2490
how much does it cost for USPS shipping for batteries?
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#11 (permalink)      4/15/2021 1:34:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DarthVap3rrr
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
DarthVap3rrr wrote:

Had two more packages both USPS Expedited. They left FT the same day. Tracking was identical so they were together. The more expensive one arrived several days ago and the other took a detour which makes no sense at all. And now it’s just sitting at its last location for 4 days now.

12 days now. I’ve seen this pattern before and it usually means usps “lost” the package. I personally think they do it on purpose. I’ve sent many eBay packages via usps flat rate only for them to get “lost” or arrive in such bad condition, coupled with the fact that it’s happened several times, it could have only been done on purpose. So I’ve seen damage that could have only been done on purpose which leads me to believe they lose them on purpose also.

I’d guess it’s because the employees are mad at being understaffed and underfunded, and take it out on the mail senders and recipients. It’s either that or “go postal”.