Time to say Goodby
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/13/2021 11:28:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
anzip
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos48
Time to say Goodby
Free shipping to Germany when you order $20+
#2 (permalink)      9/15/2021 5:20:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11600
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos6096
Hi anzip,

Due to increased shipping fee these months, the regular airmail can't afford the free shipping, sorry. So we set the free shipping to $20+ order. Hope you can understand. For you orders, if you have any concerns, please feel free to contact us, we will do our best to help. Thank you for your support as always.
#3 (permalink)      9/15/2021 5:41:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2982
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2420
+2 details
To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised it's taken this long for FT to set a lower limit before 'free shipping' kicked in.

For years now, one could have ordered a small bag of O-Rings to the other side of the world, and shipping was still 'free', despite the fact that the cost of posting them was actually greater then the few US cents it cost to buy the O-Rings!

The simple solution is to hold off ordering until the value exceeds that twenty dollar lower limit.
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#4 (permalink)      9/15/2021 7:13:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 13351
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos20099
+1 details
Interestingly, I have never had a small order but was long under the impression that free shipping was only on items for more than $20, at least to Canada?!

I have only used free shipping 2x as I prefer to track orders and have them arrive within a decent time frame.
#5 (permalink)      9/15/2021 7:26:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2982
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2420
+2 details
To be honest (and this is no criticism of anyone), but I think many customers have just got used to, for example, breaking the glass on an atty, and conveniently banging in a quick order with FT for a three-pack of replacement bubbles for a couple of US dollars... and job done. It never occurred to them that small orders for individual spares like that probably make no profit for FT whatsoever! LOL!!

For quite some time, I've wondered just how sustainable the 'across the board' free shipping was, and that it was bound to change at some point. And of course, now it has.

They're just stepping into line with retailers within our own respective countries, who usually offer free shipping only with orders over £30, £75 or £99 etc.
#6 (permalink)      9/15/2021 8:20:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Centforfree
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 375
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos314
+1 details
Exactly. So the 20 USD limit is still fair.
#7 (permalink)      9/15/2021 9:03:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2982
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2420
+1 details
Centforfree wrote:

Exactly. So the 20 USD limit is still fair.

Yes indeed, I think it's reasonable.