[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Packages stuck in Los Angeles?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      4/1/2022 6:34:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4445
wes_westhaver, customers who have definitely not received their orders will get a full refund from FastTech.
All questions and comments are welcome. We are here to help.
#32 (permalink)      4/1/2022 11:37:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inglis817
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 60
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos40
+1 details
hazozita wrote:

I'm in the same situation. Have one stuck in Los Angeles since March 3; another since the 14th.

What really is frustrating is that a third package arrived in New York on March 13. Since I live on the East Coast, I figured I'd get it in a couple of days. Wrong -- on March 16th it was sent to Los Angeles, and arrived there on March 18.

Lost Angeles is looking like it's the black hole of shipping. Packages arrive there but never leave.

The new hotel California "You can check in but you can never leave".

#33 (permalink)      4/2/2022 4:59:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hazozita
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 67
  • Reviews 547
  • Kudos55
geek wrote:

wes_westhaver, customers who have definitely not received their orders will get a full refund from FastTech.

That's great to hear. I opened a ticket a few days ago, and after a few messages back and forth, the item (an SXK Dope) is being re-shipped to me, which is what I prefer vs. a refund. I very much appreciate your work on this matter @Geek to help speed things along.

I am a bit concerned, however, about future orders. In addition to the replacement, I have another three orders that are presently in transit, and two orders that will be shipped later in the month. Is there a chance that the shipping problem that we've been discussing in this thread will occur again? Have steps been taken to address the root cause of the problem?

#34 (permalink)      4/3/2022 1:04:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4445
+1 details
I appreciate your words, and the concern, hazozita.

TL;DR we checked all packages shipped through this carrier, and so far all other packages are OK - no new issues/delays have been found.

The root cause is that something happened in Los Angeles - possibly by human error. In addition to this, the carrier has not been completely honest with us, and we are now working on shifting packages to a competing carrier.

ePacket services were created by Hong Kong Post and USPS. It has since expanded to a handful of other postal services including China Post. Your (affected) ePacket packages were shipped through China Post.

The ePacket arrangement requires merchants to upload an electronic shipping manifest containing each package's ID and customs information. Packages will then receive two tracking numbers at different points: the first is for use in the originating country (the AG***CN tracking we gave out), and a second one after arriving at the destination country (the 22-digit USPS number, in this case).

This second tracking number is provided to us after packages arrive at the destination. The packages are typically physically re-labeled by the destination carrier, by hand, somewhere at a sorting facility at the port of entry.

In this case, someone in a LA facility may have re-labeled packages with wrong tracking numbers. By doing so, those packages went to incorrect addresses.

This is a very rare event.

China Post initially blamed the delay on LA customs and it may not be accurate. China Post operates like a for-profit business (perhaps because they are) - each city has its sales and support contacts. Because of how they blamed LA customs for ~2 weeks, we are now switching to a different China Post city/team.

Although this is a rare event, we have increased package tracking monitoring of the US ePacket service so that if it does happen again, actions will be taken right away.

I have worked at FastTech on and off for almost 6 years. In my time here something like this has happened maybe about 2 to 3 times.

I hope this answers your questions. Please do let us know whenever something comes up. We're always here to help.

Edited on 4/3/2022 at 9:27 AM. Reason:
#35 (permalink)      4/4/2022 12:57:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wes_westhaver
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2022
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
I waited a long time for the "OVMS v3.3 Kit w/SIM7600G 4G Modem Module" to be back in stock and then I waited even longer for my items to arrive at my home. The only item I have received is the "OVMS GSM Antenna / SKU: 1000500". At this point I just want to receive the other items I purchased. Please send them to me when they are available again. Let's hope it works out better this time.

Thank you,
-Wes
#36 (permalink)      4/4/2022 1:10:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wes_westhaver
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2022
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
FYI, I think there's something wrong on your website. The OVMS module is now listed as selling for $3.62... That's one heck of a discount!!!

#37 (permalink)      4/5/2022 4:08:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4445
wes_westhaver wrote:

I think there's something wrong on your website

We're going to look into this first thing tomorrow morning. Since it cannot be ordered at the moment, I will leave the price as-is.

Sometimes one person is all it takes for something like this to happen. Unfortunately in China, that one-person is often overwhelmingly abundant.

wes_westhaver wrote:

I waited a long time for the "OVMS v3.3 Kit w/SIM7600G 4G Modem Module"

We are (I am) very upset and disappointed by this because of exactly this -- customers like you have waited a long time for their products. We are very sorry about this.

Annie will notify you by email as soon as a new batch is expected.

#38 (permalink)      4/5/2022 1:12:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wes_westhaver
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2022
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
geek wrote:

We are (I am) very upset and disappointed by this because of exactly this -- customers like you have waited a long time for their products. We are very sorry about this.

Annie will notify you by email as soon as a new batch is expected.

Thank you for your efforts to rectify this situation. I hope that the missing items eventually find their way back to you so that you can recover your losses.

-Wes

Edited on 4/5/2022 at 1:14 PM
#39 (permalink)      4/5/2022 7:21:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4445
We highly appreciate your words, Wes.
We will do everything we can to prevent this in the future.

The OVMS box's price has been corrected. As it's sold out, no order was taken at the wrong price. We now have safeguards in the software to immediately prevent this from happening again.

Edited on 4/5/2022 at 8:50 PM
#40 (permalink)      4/6/2022 12:31:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kmiller000
  • JoinedApr 2022
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
I don't understand why USPS is providing such a bad service despite being popular. Most of the time people are unable to track the shipment. Also,USPS doesn't guarantee if the product is lost, damaged, or delayed. Recently they have changed their policies. They have started charging $15 if the item exceeds the dimension limit.

Mod (Anniepan) edited on 5/5/2022 at 1:25 AM (Ad link removed)
#41 (permalink)      4/29/2022 6:01:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wes_westhaver
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2022
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
+2 details
geek wrote:

FYI: After all of the shipping problems and FastTech's excellent customer service I received my order today!!! I can't wait to install the OVMS system in my car.

Thank you for your efforts. I very much appreciate it.

-Wes

Edited on 4/29/2022 at 6:02 PM