My package is being RETURNED TO SENDER for reusing USPS tracking numbers
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      6/17/2022 6:10:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2899
AnTi90d wrote:

OMG, FastTech! It's here! An old lady down the street had it!

The USPS did not deliver it to me. They delivered it to another random house on my street. My house number is clearly marked. (I just repainted it to be more noticeable; it's very legible.)

Also, wow.. they really crushed the hell out of this box.. and it has like five shipping labels on top of each other.. BUT, I'M SO HAPPY IT'S ACTUALLY HERE!

-

..and, they did the usual thing with my Missing Mail ticket that I filed with them. They emailed me back saying that the package was delivered. They wouldn't send a mailman back out to see what house it was scanned at. The USPS just absolutely doesn't care at all. They just send random people out with random packages and, as long as they scan them and don't come back to the post office with the packages, they get paid and everyone is happy with their job.

I don't want to use the USPS, but I don't know what other shipping option would be less scary.

-

From where I live, I can choose:

US ePacket
China Post air mail
TNT Post air mail
USPS Expedited
UPS

..but the UPS delivery is outrageous.. like $100 delivery on a $40 order.

So, of the first four options, which one should be the most successful?.. (which one has the fewest problems reported?)

Happy you got it, and unfortunately, your case is all too familiar! I trust USPS overall, but I don't trust their tracking, or "informed delivery" too much. Of course UPS is far superior here in the states, but the cost difference is significant. When my employees have to work out of town, they send physical copies of their weekly Time Sheets (for pay, etc) back to the office in Virginia, and a simple 9 x 12 envelope containing 10 sheets of paper is 22.00, so I know how pricey UPS can be!

I think USPS has a good infrastructure, they just need more discipline. I don't fear using them, just not when time is an issue - I wish we did have more options - Hell, we're already lying to them when we ask them to ship us vape-related gear without their knowledge, so I guess we should count our (small amount of) blessings.

Absolute Vape, Vape Absolutely!

Your story had a happy ending - congrats!

What does he mean when he says words?
#12 (permalink)      6/17/2022 3:59:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 6055
  • Reviews 42
  • Kudos9136
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

His name: DeJoy.

DeJoy is certainly NO Joy.

A consummate trumpian ass-kisser, with ZERO experience in the US postal service ... NONE at all.

Like his treasonous boss, though, he will never step down voluntarily.

#13 (permalink)      6/18/2022 2:51:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
martinc
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 7034
  • Reviews 310
  • Kudos3967
quarks wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:

A consummate trumpian ass-kisser, with ZERO experience in the US postal service ... NONE at all.

am curious...if Trump is deemed treasonous, how do you describe Xiden and company then

...askin for a friend

non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
#14 (permalink)      6/18/2022 4:25:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 6055
  • Reviews 42
  • Kudos9136
martinc wrote:

quarks wrote:
carrion4worm wrote:

am curious...if Trump is deemed treasonous, how do you describe Xiden and company then

...askin for a friend

Oh, you mean Quisling Joe? :)

Well, tell your friend I don't think too much of joey either.

If he runs again in 2 years, he'll probably scream about yet another stolen election and engineer his own super coup. The stage has been set up for him, and politicians learn from each other, no matter the color of their silly animal icons. That's the normal now. Maybe he'll have the proud boys hang old mammy Harris this time. And maybe kill that old hag pelosi for good measure. It may work this time because he's marginally smarter, and much more experienced in politics. He knows how the system works.

They're all turds, man.
Some are red turds, some are blue turds, but very rarely, we do get a spectacular giant orange turd.

#15 (permalink)      6/18/2022 4:43:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 6055
  • Reviews 42
  • Kudos9136
AnTi90d wrote:

Glad you got it!

Just a followup, since I had posted earlier.

My order arrived today. It tracked smoothly, with no craziness that several others have reported. Took about 3 weeks, which is normal for US.

If there was some problem, it must have been corrected, or else, it was not very widespread.

Visit that old lady briefly, and maybe bring her a small 'thank you' gift. She might become a friend.
Just a thought.

#16 (permalink)      6/18/2022 5:13:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AnTi90d
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos1
quarks wrote:

AnTi90d wrote:

Glad you got it!

Just a followup, since I had posted earlier.

My order arrived today. It tracked smoothly, with no craziness that several others have reported. Took about 3 weeks, which is normal for US.

If there was some problem, it must have been corrected, or else, it was not very widespread.

Visit that old lady briefly, and maybe bring her a small 'thank you' gift. She might become a friend.
Just a thought.

Oh, that's a good idea.. I just got home from work and saw that she's having a yard sale. I'm pretty sure her husband passed away in the middle of the day, a few weeks ago. I stopped off at home on lunch and my entire street was blocked off with police, firetrucks and medics.. all at her house.. and I haven't seen him sitting on the porch, since.

#17 (permalink)      6/20/2022 5:01:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2899
+1 details
How do describe Biden? Not treasonous, that's obvious. He's a wet blanket, a product of electing super-old, no energy elected officials...Still not treasonous, though.

Ask Democrats if they are happy with biden. they'll probably say, "He's trying", which is about the best I can say....but expecting any President/Congress to lower WORLDWIDE INFLATION and WORLDWIDE oil prices is a bit silly, and lacking education, wouldn't you agree? That's the current GOP voter's biggest problem - lack of information.

But yeah, DeJoy needs to go. He's ruined the USPS in many ways.
What does he mean when he says words?
#18 (permalink)      6/26/2022 1:33:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4172
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4462
+1 details
AnTi90d wrote:

Oh, that's a good idea.. I just got home from work and saw that she's having a yard sale. I'm pretty sure her husband passed away in the middle of the day, a few weeks ago. I stopped off at home on lunch and my entire street was blocked off with police, firetrucks and medics.. all at her house.. and I haven't seen him sitting on the porch, since.

Uhhhh.. Maybe just don't eat or drink anything she offers you for a little while. Toxicology reports usually take a month or 2.

Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department
#19 (permalink)      6/29/2022 10:40:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3173
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3261
martinc wrote:

quarks wrote:
carrion4worm wrote:

...askin for a friend

I don't know, but I sure found this an interesting study but I always get tired and stop reading part way through. It's like a deep rabbit hole. I assume there's an end to it...

Edited on 6/29/2022 at 11:23 PM (changed the term "read" to the term "study".)
Ko
#20 (permalink)      6/29/2022 11:50:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3173
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3261
AnTi90d wrote:

The USPS did not deliver it to me. They delivered it to another random house on my street. My house number is clearly marked. (I just repainted it to be more noticeable; it's very legible.)

Also, wow.. they really crushed the hell out of this box.. and it has like five shipping labels on top of each other.. BUT, I'M SO HAPPY IT'S ACTUALLY HERE!

-

..and, they did the usual thing with my Missing Mail ticket that I filed with them. They emailed me back saying that the package was delivered. They wouldn't send a mailman back out to see what house it was scanned at. The USPS just absolutely doesn't care at all. They just send random people out with random packages and, as long as they scan them and don't come back to the post office with the packages, they get paid and everyone is happy with their job.

I don't want to use the USPS, but I don't know what other shipping option would be less scary.

-

From where I live, I can choose:

US ePacket
China Post air mail
TNT Post air mail
USPS Expedited
UPS

..but the UPS delivery is outrageous.. like $100 delivery on a $40 order.

So, of the first four options, which one should be the most successful?.. (which one has the fewest problems reported?)

I'm happy you got it too but scroll down about a quarter of the way and see this small discussion about USPS and working for them. I don't envy a one of them for what they have to sacrifice.

Ko
#21 (permalink)      6/30/2022 12:10:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11041
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6901
Meh ..

Politics
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"