shopping cart empty
Are brand name products authentic or not?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/12/2014 1:42:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3102
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4039
+39 details
Are brand name products authentic or not?
- A similar thread was posted a few months ago but it was removed by mistake -- we're posting this again here -

Certain products, such as those from KangerTech and Innokin, are not named in FastTech's listings.

Are these really authentic?

Yes they are authentic and genuine.

Why doesn't FastTech list their brands?

Certain brands don't like FastTech's retail prices -- they want FastTech to dramatically increase retail prices to customers. Since FastTech has never entered into any contractual agreement with them, there is no legal ground for compliance.

FastTech aims to provide all products to all customers at reasonable prices. Unless legally required, we do not sell items at extortionary prices.

That said, FastTech is not in the business to fight with manufacturers. To keep them happy, FastTech sometimes removes brand names from product pages, and we sometimes remove serial numbers from products so that they can be sold at low prices to customers like you.

What does it mean to customers?

When FastTech indicates "Authentic", it is guaranteed authentic.

Why does certain brands claim FastTech's products are fake?

This is so that those brands won't get their body parts kicked by their other retailers who continue to charge customers "premium prices" for the things that FastTech also carries.

Why are codes on boxes and bottles scratched off, and why are pages from product leaflets missing?

In order to continue offering low prices to all customers, FastTech's supply channels remove all traceable materials that potentially identify themselves. This is so that the brands and makers would not force FastTech into higher prices by increasing their wholesale costs charged to FastTech's suppliers.

Bottomline?

Authentic means authentic. If a product isn't authentic, FastTech would not call them authentic or genuine.

If you are concerned in any way, or if for any reason you do not feel comfortable with FastTech's products, please simply order those products elsewhere.

Thank you.

Edited on 11/30/2015 at 6:26 AM. Reason: More info
I'm not a CS staff but I help answering questions here. If I missed your questions, I apologize and you are not being ignored :).
#2 (permalink)      2/12/2014 2:46:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Cigfree
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 871
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos195
+5 details
Should be said more often...

Authentic I mean...Just sayin...

So for all you ViVi Nova Atomizer owners who ordered theirs from this site, guess what? Gen u weenee aw10tic.
LokJaw
#3 (permalink)      2/12/2014 3:32:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bibi2013
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 3375
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos2591
+4 details
how far does this courtesy to the manufacturer go ?

- that anti-fraud-numbers are removed from the new kanger protank (2) versions ?
- that pages are removed from booklets ?
- that only pictures in article descriptions are modified (manufacturer name removed) ?

?
Edited on 13/32/2013 at 13:61 PM. Reason: yes
#4 (permalink)      2/12/2014 6:36:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sonikhan
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 794
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos406
Hello all, what are you looking for?
You don't like it aw10tic?
You miss pages from a booklet?
You need someone to talk because you are soo alone?
Go to your local dealer and pay for it or write at least something people like to read.
#5 (permalink)      2/12/2014 10:25:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
thill1951
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5932
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos2665
+1 details
Thanks Geek...I think that many newbies here needed to hear that..many people believed that ALL your products were just clones...but as U stated if it says AUTHENTIC, we all will know its the real deal from the OEM..
US Military 30 years, Retired Lt Colonel.. Live to Ride, Ride to Live..Love my Harleys and Indians..
#6 (permalink)      2/12/2014 10:26:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheStigAFC
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 36
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
+6 details
So does that mean your Dekang and Hangsen E-juices are authentic or not? If they are genuine is anything ever added to them to dilute them?
#7 (permalink)      2/12/2014 12:33:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kavisha1122
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 72
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos10
+1 details
Thank you geek, as i am really new to vaping and the accessories, it is good knowing that there are quite a few genuine stuff at FT, and in anycase I like the clones too :)
#8 (permalink)      2/12/2014 8:09:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bibi2013
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 3375
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos2591
+6 details
its not really a "pre-order" question, but rather an after purchase-issue...

usually, something was found/not found with the product, what makes the customer thinking that its not authentic...

as with removed pages of the manual, apparently, or a missing anti-fraud-code...

so basically, to make things "clear(er)", a statement regarding THIS would be more helpful ?

as in:
"the product is authentic, but the anti-fraud-code sticker might be missing"

Edited on 2/12/2014 at 8:12 PM. Reason:
Edited on 13/32/2013 at 13:61 PM. Reason: yes
#9 (permalink)      2/12/2014 8:17:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3102
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4039
+5 details
bibi2013, good point and I've added a new section in the sticky:

Why are codes on boxes and bottles scratched off, and why are pages from product leaflets missing?

In order to continue offering low prices to all customers, FastTech's suppliers and supply channels remove all traceable materials that potentially identifies themselves. This is so that the original brands and makers would not force FastTech into higher prices by increasing their wholesale costs charged to FastTech's suppliers.

Edited on 2/12/2014 at 8:22 PM. Reason:
I'm not a CS staff but I help answering questions here. If I missed your questions, I apologize and you are not being ignored :).
#10 (permalink)      2/13/2014 3:10:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tenac
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos49
+2 details

So does that mean your Dekang and Hangsen E-juices are authentic or not? If they are genuine is anything ever added to them to dilute them?

geek has confirmed that they are authentic: Link

They should update the products titles to include Authentic to not cause confusion when it's from the genuine manufacturer, unless they're defects that the company don't want their name on I suppose.

Edited on 2/13/2014 at 5:01 PM. Reason:
#11 (permalink)      2/13/2014 10:08:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Zion21
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 601
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos168
+2 details
Good to know that there are some authentic products. Perhaps FT can make it easier to identify or make a genuine section so we can tell better?