shopping cart empty
Are brand name products authentic or not?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      2/16/2014 7:54:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
thill1951
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5932
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos2665
from pino

@Geek, how about batteries? I'm confident that you guys sell authentic batteries here (samsung, sony, panasonic, nitecore, sanyo, xtar, and LG), but just for the peace of mind, are you able to confirm that they are authentic? I know that most of your batteries indicate authentic or authentic cells, but some do not such as the VTC3 SKU 1315400

Sony US18650VTC3 18650 1600mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack)

I would think if it says SONY, then its really a Sony, since Sony is a specific company ...unlike ego which is a style or type...I would think that AUTHENTIC doesn't need to be in the description since the actual company is, ...but maybe I'm wrong and FT is falsely advertising this product, but I would doubt that..the Hangsen eliquids are really Hangsen but don't say AUTHENTIC, so I would think the same logic is applied to products that have specific company names...but U bring up a valid question, so it will be interesting to see what Geek's reply will be to this question..

US Military 30 years, Retired Lt Colonel.. Live to Ride, Ride to Live..Love my Harleys and Indians..
#22 (permalink)      2/16/2014 10:35:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tenac
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos49
+1 details
@thill1951, this thread was created by staff to resolve legal conflicts. If something says "Authentic", then they will back it's authenticity. They reserve the right to use that word, and if it is not used, then they do not have to back the authenticity of that product, nor the legal ramifications that go along with selling that product for it's listed price.

They can and do use brand-names without them being authentic, which is obvious in many electronic cigarette products like the Nemesis and Origin mechanical mod clones. But because they don't use the word "Authentic", it means they haven't claimed it's authenticity.

They really should update their catalog to clarify more products as authentic because there are many, many products listed that include brand-names that I WOULD NOT TRUST unless manufactured by the authentic manufacturer such as batteries and e-liquids.

Edited on 2/16/2014 at 10:37 PM. Reason:
#23 (permalink)      2/17/2014 9:27:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
thill1951
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5932
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos2665
+1 details
@ Ten...Nobody has the right to misrepresent a product!...so please let Geek himself answer this question that pinoboy has asked, that why I bumped it up..this is not about TRUST, its about REALITY..and the battery issue is exactly what we are trying to find out about from Geek himself..and if I don't believe that FT would use the word "Sony" due to legal ramifications, if in fact it wasn't an Authentic Sony....I don't believe that every Authentic product MUST have the word AUTHENTIC in the description..so let Geek answer this important question himself directly to all of us...and we know why this thread was created..

from pinoboy

@Geek, how about batteries? I'm confident that you guys sell authentic batteries here (samsung, sony, panasonic, nitecore, sanyo, xtar, and LG), but just for the peace of mind, are you able to confirm that they are authentic? I know that most of your batteries indicate authentic or authentic cells, but some do not such as the VTC3 SKU 1315400

Sony US18650VTC3 18650 1600mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack)

I would think if it says SONY, then its really a Sony, since Sony is a specific company ...unlike ego which is a style or type...I would think that AUTHENTIC doesn't need to be in the description since the actual company is, ...but maybe I'm wrong and FT is falsely advertising this product, but I would doubt that..the Hangsen eliquids are really Hangsen but don't say AUTHENTIC, so I would think the same logic is applied to products that have specific company names...but U bring up a valid question, so it will be interesting to see what Geek's reply will be to this question..

US Military 30 years, Retired Lt Colonel.. Live to Ride, Ride to Live..Love my Harleys and Indians..
#24 (permalink)      2/17/2014 3:02:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
_Zeus
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0

Edited on 2/17/2014 at 3:02 PM. Reason:
#25 (permalink)      2/18/2014 3:36:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3102
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4039
+15 details
thill1951 and PinoyBoy, all batteries that have a brand name are genuinely made by that brand, even if the word authentic isn't in the name/title.

FastTech does not falsely advertise counterfeit products. This includes the Gillettes which are often reviewed as fake. They are real. We have been challenged by PayPal before and we resolved the matter by providing proof of authenticity.

In rare occasions though cases were found where staffs unintentionally named products in a misleading way. This included "Honda Keychain", "Toyota Spare Key", etc. These are obviously not made by those brands and FastTech corrected the issues the moment we found them.

Just keep this in mind: the batteries and e-cig sections of this site have been heavily scrutinized by other customers -- all advertise brands are genuine.

Edited on 2/18/2014 at 3:37 AM. Reason:
I'm not a CS staff but I help answering questions here. If I missed your questions, I apologize and you are not being ignored :).
#26 (permalink)      2/18/2014 11:05:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
thill1951
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5932
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos2665
+4 details
Thank You Geek for the clarification and confirmation..U Just did a great service to FT, and all its customers...this was a very debated issue here and even at many other forums..

Edited on 2/18/2014 at 11:07 AM. Reason:
#27 (permalink)      2/18/2014 1:37:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Unvaluedcustomer
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 58
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
+1 details
Does it matter if its fake or not?

you will never recieve it anyway.
#28 (permalink)      2/18/2014 1:44:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bumbleballs
  • JoinedJan 2013
  • Posts 1235
  • Reviews 26
  • Kudos1345
+4 details
lots of people will disagree with that ^^^^
#29 (permalink)      2/18/2014 1:49:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
anfalas
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 2282
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos3398
+6 details
Here we go again, another disgruntled 'customer' is gonna troll every thread and bore us all to tears!! ;)
#30 (permalink)      2/18/2014 2:01:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Unvaluedcustomer
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 58
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
here we go again, another online crusader whose wife has been sucking dick whilst he is on fasttech forums
#31 (permalink)      2/18/2014 2:47:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
silvrcraze
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 490
  • Reviews 170
  • Kudos317
+2 details
Post deleted by mod (sufie) on grounds of: harassment
Are you the product of the "No Child Left Behind" act?