Pandora MTL RTA By Yachtvape - 22mm - 2 / 3,5ml - MTL / RDL - athos.23vapenews
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      6/19/2020 4:22:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
s.moriwaki
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2018
  • Posts 298
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos148
inatrance1973 wrote:

s.moriwaki wrote:
inatrance1973 wrote:

Some of them do whistle a bit mate, but there's so many options for the airflow you can always change it about. It's the first time I've ever used an rta so I thought I would have a bit of messing about to start with. Really didn't expect such good flavour from a MTL tank though. I don't see it being something I would use all the time, but I was really impressed with the machining and quality. I don't like adding that extra bit to make it bigger, thought that took a bit of the flavour away. That's maybe just me being a beginner with that kind of tank right enough

Did you notice less or no whistling with the black version? An admin on POTV claims his blacks don't whistle, but the stainless did have some issues.

I'm just wondering whether it's worth buying the black as well. And IMO, it's in my best of '20 so far because of machining, flavour, ease of use, and most of all value for money. Shockingly good performance for the price.

Only let down by the whistling on a lot of, but not all settings. Judging by the 30 page thread on POTV though, I'm probably just one of the unlucky minority. Most people seem happy with theirs.

#22 (permalink)      6/19/2020 8:16:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inatrance1973
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2018
  • Posts 123
  • Reviews 102
  • Kudos68
I haven't used the black one mate, got 3 SS and one black and kept one of each colour to ask that website if they wanted them to review. But just got petty answers about them only taking stuff direct from the maker. Might open the black at the weekend and see. I do like it as a change but I don't see it taking me away from sub ohm tanks that I've got. I couldn't really say either if it's better than other MTL RTA's as I've never used any other ones, but I was impressed by the Pandora quality, thought it was well made, looks nice and surprised me that the flavour was as good
#23 (permalink)      6/19/2020 11:41:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djemo
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 41
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos23
s.moriwaki wrote:

inatrance1973 wrote:
s.moriwaki wrote:
inatrance1973 wrote:

Some of them do whistle a bit mate, but there's so many options for the airflow you can always change it about. It's the first time I've ever used an rta so I thought I would have a bit of messing about to start with. Really didn't expect such good flavour from a MTL tank though. I don't see it being something I would use all the time, but I was really impressed with the machining and quality. I don't like adding that extra bit to make it bigger, thought that took a bit of the flavour away. That's maybe just me being a beginner with that kind of tank right enough

Did you notice less or no whistling with the black version? An admin on POTV claims his blacks don't whistle, but the stainless did have some issues.

I'm just wondering whether it's worth buying the black as well. And IMO, it's in my best of '20 so far because of machining, flavour, ease of use, and most of all value for money. Shockingly good performance for the price.

Only let down by the whistling on a lot of, but not all settings. Judging by the 30 page thread on POTV though, I'm probably just one of the unlucky minority. Most people seem happy with theirs.

Thats my concern also, my bers 1,5 whistle also and I gave it away. Where does yours whistle, on single holes, partially blocking/closing single hole or on big slot/closing big slot?

#24 (permalink)      6/19/2020 12:00:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
s.moriwaki
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2018
  • Posts 298
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos148
It whistles at almost every setting. The only settings it doesn't whistle at are smallest single hole on the airflow ring, and then 1mm, 1.2mm and 1.4mm underneath the coil. Anymore air than that, it starts whistling.

So instead of 30 airflow choices, I've got 3, plus 27 whistling options!
#25 (permalink)      6/19/2020 12:18:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djemo
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 41
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos23
s.moriwaki wrote:

It whistles at almost every setting. The only settings it doesn't whistle at are smallest single hole on the airflow ring, and then 1mm, 1.2mm and 1.4mm underneath the coil. Anymore air than that, it starts whistling.

So instead of 30 airflow choices, I've got 3, plus 27 whistling options!

Yeah, I would be pissed too. Seems like poor QC. Did u try adjusting coil height, or maybe try some sand paper on that big slot on AF adjustment ring, seems like rough edges and that might be only area to work on.

#26 (permalink)      6/19/2020 1:38:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inatrance1973
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2018
  • Posts 123
  • Reviews 102
  • Kudos68
Mine whistled on a few settings, found one where it didn't and just left it there. The whistling doesn't bother me, I have plenty subohm tanks that make more noise with the airflow wide open. I don't think the Pandora would be a tank I'd sit playing around with, any setting is completely different to what I'm used to and I like just sticking a coil in and vaping. I'll maybe try later having it on different settings to see when I fill it up again
#27 (permalink)      9/9/2020 6:03:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2698
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2167
@Anniepan

Any news as to whether FT will stock this RTA?

Thanks.
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...