Stratum Balance sbs
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      6/27/2020 8:50:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
burner94
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos90
+1 details
Really hope the balance sells poorly due to it's high price, I can't see any justification for it, the materials don't seem to be any more expensive than other clone SBS mods or cheap ones. Not competitive at all, but a nice mod nonetheless that I would take over any of the competition if it was reasonably priced
#42 (permalink)      6/27/2020 9:02:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
On another note SXK are being sly, thinking they're high end cloners. All of their products over the last six months have been overpriced and leave out accessories then charge an arm and leg for them separately, while the quality has dropped compared to before. Months later sites can't sell their SXK stock so they drop the prices by around 50% or more.
#43 (permalink)      6/27/2020 9:09:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
burner94
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos90
The more noname clones I buy, at least recently, the less I'm starting to think there's any weight in a name for clones anymore. There are exceptions here and there for both sides, but by and large the quality seems to be the same. Ulton is the worst offender, they have the best reputation and the highest prices, which was acceptable when their quality was above the competition, but it just doesn't seem to be the case anymore

Edited on 6/27/2020 at 9:10 PM. Reason:
#44 (permalink)      6/27/2020 9:17:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Squonk_life
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 1311
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos807
+1 details
The techmod is about to be released. I know or one shop that's getting it in the states. There is also a group buy going on. SXK right now don't have much competition so they are taking advantage of the market.
Squonklife
#45 (permalink)      6/28/2020 1:58:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
skruball
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 86
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos38
+1 details
burner94 wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
skruball wrote:
carrion4worm wrote:
That's a DNA 60 chip with a custom screen...escribe!
The balance style mod? Read my post, I thought same thing , but if you watch video I posted you can see the hands do 5 clicks to turn on, dna60 lock with 5x clicks, and turn on when you press fire button once, plus there’s no USB port that I can see so even if it was a dna....
It was in standby mode, they did not know that in the video, however. The chip in the video is a dna60, which matches the price as well. I have ordered.

Is that judgement based purely from the look of the display/the ability to customise the start up screen? I've never had a DNA60 so not sure what to look out for, but I can't tell the difference between their display and the chip that was in the easy side, and as seen in various chinese chipsets, the startup screen can be customized with most chips. Also @skruball the start up screen displaying 'jaka mods' isn't a good indication of whether it's a DNA or not, it can be customised using escribe. I would think the biggest indication that it isn't a DNA would be that the product description doesn't state it. It's odd for a DNA product to not be labelled as such, since it's a huge selling point

Yeah my original post actually says it’s obviously not a dna60, the jaka mods screen made me think, hmmm maaaybe it is, but no dna chip turns on/off with 5x clicks, and even if it was brought out of standby with 5 clicks(like carrion worm postulates) it would have locked the fire button, and required 5 more clicks to unlock it, so that was a dead giveaway. Well that and DJVillain says he asked 2F and they said “no dna”,confirmation from the seller made this a hard pass no doubt, maybe if it was 40$
I totally agree a custom start screen is not a good indicator though, I mean if they can put “sevo chip”, or whatever, when you turn on the chip sxk uses often, they can put “JAKA mods“. I would assume it is probably about the same as creating a screen with escribe, but the sevo chip just uses some proprietary software for that specific boards firmware. Someone is programming the chip at some point, and so they could make the opening screen say anything, or program whatever “look” for the screen they wanted. Plus as you stated they ALWAYS mention if it’s a dna,( and usually yihi too), it would be like someone selling a dodge and not declaring “it’s got a hemi” if it had one, an evolv chip is a huge selling point for sure.

Whatever you think don’t never unless you will
#46 (permalink)      6/28/2020 11:51:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
Let your dna60 go to sleep, change settings in escribe to hasten this, if necessary.
Grab your mod, and click the fire button 5 times(or 4 times,or 6 times)the mod will go through it's startup, including the customizable startup screen.

Don't know what's in that ulton mod (oh, it IS Ulton) but the one on the video is a dna60.

Also guys, don't hate on sxk, they are filling my shelves lol. Everyone hated on the stickman, but I love this thing. This is high end for us poor people.
What does he mean when he says words?
#47 (permalink)      6/28/2020 2:37:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
As I've said even before the video...

#48 (permalink)      6/29/2020 5:24:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
burner94
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos90
For anyone interested, the white version of the balance is up for pre-order
#49 (permalink)      7/1/2020 2:45:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
skruball
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 86
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos38
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Let your dna60 go to sleep, change settings in escribe to hasten this, if necessary.
Grab your mod, and click the fire button 5 times(or 4 times,or 6 times)the mod will go through it's startup, including the customizable startup screen.

Don't know what's in that ulton mod (oh, it IS Ulton) but the one on the video is a dna60.

Also guys, don't hate on sxk, they are filling my shelves lol. Everyone hated on the stickman, but I love this thing. This is high end for us poor people.

Dna chips also will go into standby/power off mode if you remove the battery, and put back in, but only one fire button click is needed to turn on, and show start-up screens.
Then I hate to be “that guy”, but if you look at this video Ambition mods_easy_side around 12:00 minutes he does the 5x clicks, and you can see the proprietary chip ambition mods used that looks identical to a dna60, definitely not a dna though. Just trying to clarify the way the screen “looks” means very little nowadays, and since every board has firmware that must be programmed at some point that means the screen, and start up screens, can be made to look like whatever, depending on the limitations of the type of screen/board of course.

Whatever you think don’t never unless you will
#50 (permalink)      7/1/2020 5:15:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
skruball wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:

Dna chips also will go into standby/power off mode if you remove the battery, and put back in, but only one fire button click is needed to turn on, and show start-up screens.
Then I hate to be “that guy”, but if you look at this video Ambition mods_easy_side around 12:00 minutes he does the 5x clicks, and you can see the proprietary chip ambition mods used that looks identical to a dna60, definitely not a dna though. Just trying to clarify the way the screen “looks” means very little nowadays, and since every board has firmware that must be programmed at some point that means the screen, and start up screens, can be made to look like whatever, depending on the limitations of the type of screen/board of course.

You are correct on all counts...but I have never seen a dna60 clone in all my days....
All of that does not matter, because this is just an overpriced generic chip and not worth the price. The matter is charging for a DNA when it does not have one. Too bad, ulton, it will sell when the price is 60.00

What does he mean when he says words?
#51 (permalink)      9/15/2020 5:57:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
burner94
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos90
+1 details
I think I recall someone saying they would be interested in buying the clone if it came in black. A black version was just released at the 2place:

Edited on 9/15/2020 at 5:59 AM. Reason: