Best Mesh RTA?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/24/2020 6:03:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
olliedixon
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 695
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos185
Best Mesh RTA?
I've never tried a mesh RTA.

If i'm going by looks alone i'd choose the Damn Vape DOOM Mesh RTA, heh. Not the best way to choose :)
BRABROBRA
#2 (permalink)      7/24/2020 7:33:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3874
+2 details
I'm surprised you have no replies.
My experience with mesh is very limited considering the market but I'll say I'm vaping a V2 Aromamizer Plus I pulled the mesh from earlier today.

I installed a single 4mm I.D. 5 wrap Coilology MTL 316L wire coil and consider it better than the mesh on a few levels.

Edited on 7/24/2020 at 8:41 PM. Reason: Forgot the Plus
Always keep your ear to the ground!
#3 (permalink)      7/25/2020 3:23:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Johnnyace
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 316
  • Reviews 106
  • Kudos150
+1 details
For me, it's the Unity for flavour, Zeus X Mesh for ease of use

Might be worth waiting for the Profile RDTA reviews too pop up

Edited on 7/25/2020 at 3:24 AM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      7/25/2020 4:08:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6949
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10341
+2 details
It is not just which mesh RTA is best but what mesh you use in it.

A coil in the Aromamizer plus V1 or V2 can taste better than some mesh.

But if you get the right mesh you get great flavour with the added benefit of super quick ramp up time.

Hard to beat the Aromamizer plus V2 advanced kit SKU 9723393 for versatility except i dont rate their mesh.

SKU 9668165 is my pick of mesh strips.

Edited on 7/25/2020 at 4:49 AM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      7/25/2020 4:56:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
olliedixon
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 695
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos185
Johnnyace wrote:

For me, it's the Unity for flavour, Zeus X Mesh for ease of useMight be worth waiting for the Profile RDTA reviews too pop up


That thing looks like it's gonna be really tall, hehe.


Richy7 wrote:

It is not just which mesh RTA is best but what mesh you use in it.A coil in the Aromamizer plus V1 or V2 can taste better than some mesh.But if you get the right mesh you get great flavour with the added benefit of super quick ramp up time.Hard to beat the Aromamizer plus V2 advanced kit SKU 9723393 for versatility except i dont rate their mesh.SKU 9668165 is my pick of mesh strips.


Would those strips fit the DOOM? Are most of these using the same size mesh?

EDIT: I dont have anything that could accommodate the Aromamizer's size, heh.

Cheers guys :P


Edited on 7/25/2020 at 4:58 AM. Reason:
BRABROBRA
#6 (permalink)      7/25/2020 5:01:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 528
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos168
+1 details
Richy7 wrote:

It is not just which mesh RTA is best but what mesh you use in it.A coil in the Aromamizer plus V1 or V2 can taste better than some mesh.But if you get the right mesh you get great flavour with the added benefit of super quick ramp up time.Hard to beat the Aromamizer plus V2 advanced kit SKU 9723393 for versatility except i dont rate their mesh.SKU 9668165 is my pick of mesh strips.



Aren't these mesh for the Kylin M / profile ? (Size)

#7 (permalink)      7/25/2020 5:13:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
OneBadwolf
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4174
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4470
The Vandy Vape Mesh 24 is amazing. Fast and easy to build/wick, Huge range of power, an almost silent, super smooth slightly restricted DTL draw, fast filling, insane flavor, easy to clean, comes with normal, and large tank glass, the extended glass has a up, and down side though. the shorter side should go down, or else when filling, the juice somehow gets into the air channels. Figured it out by trial and error.

I run mine with SS mesh, @70-75 watts. Uses a ton of cotton, but vapes several days, up to a week between re-wicking.

I also have a geek vape mesh I really like.

Edited on 7/25/2020 at 5:17 AM. Reason:
Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department
#8 (permalink)      7/25/2020 5:30:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6949
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10341
The_Masteres wrote:

Aren't these mesh for the Kylin M / profile ? (Size)



Yes, rebranded under a few different names.... 6.8 mm

Another good one is SKU 9703236


Edited on 7/25/2020 at 5:31 AM. Reason:
#9 (permalink)      7/25/2020 5:48:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 528
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos168
Richy7 wrote:

The_Masteres wrote:Aren't these mesh for the Kylin M / profile ? (Size)Yes, rebranded under a few different names.... 6.8 mmAnother good one is SKU 9703236



Thx but aren't mesh strips for plus v2 supposed to be 17 x 9.8 ? You mount the plus v2 with 16 x 6.8 mesh ?

#10 (permalink)      7/25/2020 5:55:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6949
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10341
The_Masteres wrote:

Thx but aren't mesh strips for plus v2 supposed to be 17 x 9.8 ? You mount the plus v2 with 16 x 6.8 mesh ?



I know makes no sense but tried the 9.8 mm and 6.8 works best for me for flavour !! I think the shape and size of the holes in the mesh is the critical factor.

#11 (permalink)      7/25/2020 6:08:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 528
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos168
Richy7 wrote:

The_Masteres wrote:
Thx but aren't mesh strips for plus v2 supposed to be 17 x 9.8 ? You mount the plus v2 with 16 x 6.8 mesh ?

I know makes no sense but tried the 9.8 mm and 6.8 works best for me for flavour !! I think the shape and size of the holes in the mesh is the critical factor.



I agree the size of the holes in the mesh is the Key. But I guess there are 9.8 mm kanthal mesh with small size holes (vandy vape I Guess).

No difficulty to Wick with the 6.8 on plus v2 ?