Recommend me a at least 5ml RTA with flavor and building ease?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      12/9/2020 11:38:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gatok
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 737
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1095
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

does banana flavor contain something like citrus juices?

Nop. Just plain banana. It also ruined my V2 tank, the white one, not cracked but visibly stained.

#22 (permalink)      12/9/2020 11:40:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2029
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Looks like the "screwed too tight blues"... does banana flavor contain something like citrus juices?

Yes, banana is a known cracker. Depends on the recipe, though, since some other flavourings (creams, mostly) can give the ester a more attractive target than your PC or PMMA tank. That's why I can't understand anyone using PC or PMMA anymore - you can have a good experience with a given juice for years, but if you try another juice that sounds like it ought to be just about the same thing, boom, snap, pocketful of juice. We've got several tough plastics that don't do that now (PEI, PSU, PCTG,...).

#23 (permalink)      12/9/2020 11:42:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6942
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10331
[quote]I see there is a mesh deck for the plus though.

Honestly I figured I should try a dedicated mesh deck and see how it is. I can always build it with wire if I hate it with mesh. I have not had any of the Kylin series of tanks some how.[quote]

The aromamizer plus mesh is my go to mesh and ZeusX mesh my second, not the supreme V3, although it is not terrible.
#24 (permalink)      12/9/2020 11:43:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5886
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4195
+1 details
The KS clone I have suffered some cracks, but it is at least thick enough to have little hairline cracks and still be OK. I agree why is anyone using the PC or PMMA, but I am almost sure the clone I have ordered is that same shit material.
#25 (permalink)      12/9/2020 11:44:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5886
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4195
+1 details
Shit well maybe I will have to go through steam crave if they still take Paypal.
#26 (permalink)      12/9/2020 11:53:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5886
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4195
+1 details
So they do but with shipping it is like right at 20.00 for just the deck... That is kind of BS! OH well I guess. I will wait till this Kylin comes in, if I dislike it as much as I do V3 mesh I don't really see the point in getting it.

I want to like mesh because it is faster then rebuilding, but the no heat in the vape thing kind of kills me.

Also really for the money I think I might just buy another V3 or two instead of any more of this shit that I just end up feeling like meh about. I gotta stop buying vape shit already! Cheaper then smoking still, but I feel like there needs to be an end lol. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the hobby of it and all that but the small increments things are better by is silly these days.
#27 (permalink)      12/9/2020 12:10:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
+1 details
Regarding the Polycarbonate, tank cracking issue, It definitely is more than just the material in name. I suspect, and I feel most would agree, that thickness and manufacturing standards, etc, are in play as well. I say this because two of my oldest tanks are PC, but its thicker bubble glass for a VCMT 25 and a just thick, well finished PC on my Vapor Giant Extreme. I think we see a lot of cheap, thin, 22mm Chinese made tanks at the forefront of the breaking issue. The most popular replacement tank on this site for DoggyStyle for example, is literally paper thin and will almost crack from a stern gaze.
What does he mean when he says words?
#28 (permalink)      12/9/2020 12:45:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2029
+1 details
That certainly doesn't help matters, but I first experienced cracking on the gen-3 Kayfuns. Before that, I'd either used awful "tobaccos" in cheap tanks or those pyrex tanks with the half-inch walls that were all the rage back around 2012-2013. (Only a slight exaggeration - 2.5 to 3mm was kind of par for the course for a while, there.) The Kayfun centre window wasn't exactly paper-thin, nor was the full-length PC tank. It's fundamentally the material properties (the way the monomers link, set against highly polar flavouring molecules). A thick tank just buys you extra time.

(Added in case anyone cares: back in my Kayfun-buying days, I was an authentic-only kind of guy. To be fair, there was more crap than gold among the clones in those days, and your "stainless steel" was likely to be revealed as badly-plated mystery metal as often as not. Those Kayfun tank sections were genuine SvoƫMesto parts from an authorized dealer or, later, direct from SvoƫMesto's site.)

Edited on 12/10/2020 at 8:19 AM. Reason:
#29 (permalink)      12/9/2020 12:53:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5886
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4195
+2 details
"A thick tank just buys you extra time."

That seems to be what I am seeing on my KS clone, a good amount of extra time though. I don't use it often and that might be helping the situation too.
#30 (permalink)      12/10/2020 7:59:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5886
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4195
+1 details
Days after I order they Kylin, there is a new profile. It honestly does not look half bad too. Hopefully I don't like the mesh at all lol...