shopping cart empty
Thanks for voting Biden
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#81 (permalink)      1/24/2021 2:11:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10684
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16471
+1 details
mickd wrote:

Personally, I believe the BBC to be liberal left with conservative traits

Personally I believe it to be Liberal right but that they pander to the left more than they should

Regardless of the source, it was the story not the messengers that should be considered:)

Well then, you should have quoted CNN for a free pass. 😁

#82 (permalink)      1/24/2021 2:38:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1578
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos884
Is BBC and CNN not the same sad thing?
If you understand german language,
best ww infos on german Phoenix News, Tuesday to Thursday at about 2100 GMT.
#83 (permalink)      1/24/2021 2:50:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mickd
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 8686
  • Reviews 197
  • Kudos24145
+1 details
Sorry, we Brits distrust German media since Lord Haw-Haw.
HELP FOR HEROES. SUPPORT OUR TROOPS.
#84 (permalink)      1/24/2021 3:13:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1578
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos884
Yes I understand.
But this Phoenix is very good,
reporters from UK, US, China, ...
I think the best international TV.
The BBC on TV is good, but their website is poor.
#85 (permalink)      1/24/2021 3:26:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 11321
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos31296
+1 details
mickd wrote:

Regardless of the source, it was the story not the messengers that should be considered:).

Indeed mate, but context is all... All the sneering bile and outrage is contained in the headline and first two thirds of the article, the BBC gets 4 paragraphs at the bottom to address the concerns, and as we know, most Mail readers won't get that far as they'll already be frothing at the mouth at the existence of LGBTQ people anyway

"The BBC said last night that more than 50 teachers participated in consultation exercises which helped to inform the series, and that it was 'clearly stated' on the BBC Teach website that 'due to the sensitive nature of the subject matter, we strongly advise teacher viewing before watching with pupils'.

A spokesperson said 'Kate' had not claimed there were 'hundreds of genders', but that she had 'come across more than a hundred different terms people use to describe their gender identity'.

The spokesperson said: 'The film is not part of our Lockdown Learning offer. It is available on the BBC Teach website, our service for teachers to use for curriculum support.

'More than 50 independent experts contributed to this film, which was made to help teachers when discussing health and relationships… the film comes with supporting notes and other films to provide further context."

And then the last paragraph goes to a Tory MP who's husband has been investigated by the police for racism.

Context mate, the Daily Fail is a byword for bad journalism.

PS. I'm over 50

Edited on 1/24/2021 at 4:28 PM. Reason:
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#86 (permalink)      1/24/2021 3:28:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10684
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16471
+1 details
Funnily enough, when I read the DM, one has to read the comments.

Most of the time they remind me of here.
#87 (permalink)      1/24/2021 4:17:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1578
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos884
+1 details
The problem is not CNN or BBC, the problem is Facebook.
See the posts from the US President Trump.
US is close to a Banana Republic.
Thank you Facebook.
#88 (permalink)      1/24/2021 4:56:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2283
  • Reviews 38
  • Kudos2474
+3 details
Richy7 wrote:

Troepfler wrote:
But Harris is the golden nugget.

She is a nugget alright !! ( HUMOUR )

Yeah Richy7, HUMOUR right right...

“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#89 (permalink)      1/24/2021 4:56:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10684
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16471
Trump had a FB page?

I don't follow politics on FB but food or dog groups and keep a friends list of about 18 people only.

Why?
I don't really want to engage with anyone on FB outside of those two topics but even those can get infected at times. I never saw anything but anti Trump posts.

Secondly, of those on my list, I didn't want to know their politics.

FB, Twitter, Reddit and countless other forums or pages are all the same depending on what you are looking for.
You will find it.

Its nonsense to suggest that FB is only pro Trump
#90 (permalink)      1/24/2021 5:50:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Graymatter_Repairman
  • JoinedDec 2020
  • Posts 414
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos251
Biden to reinstate Covid-related travel restrictions

The restrictions, lifted in the final days of the Trump administration, apply to non-US citizens who have been to Brazil and much of Europe

Biden is a trained Marxist that doesn't want to open for business like President Donald Trump. If Biden had real pandemic advisors like Dr Atlas he'd know America is rounding the curve.

If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#91 (permalink)      1/24/2021 6:05:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Graymatter_Repairman
  • JoinedDec 2020
  • Posts 414
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos251
I keep hearing people blaming the insurrection on white supremacists. While they were undoubtedly a part of it the cause is even worse. It was crazy Christians trying to stop sinners from killing their God's creations of any stripe and all manner of other loons like QAnon who may or may not be racist too. All were most definitely associating themselves with racists as most of the Republican party still does to this day but conservatives are a little slow to begin with so I lean towards cutting them some slack. Either way, it wasn't a racist insurrection, it was a racist insurrection plus a whole lot of other nonsense too.

Edited on 1/24/2021 at 6:05 PM. Reason:
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.