In which country you would like to live and why?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      1/31/2021 3:27:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos976
Votings up to now:

scandinavia 2
canada 2
new zealand 2
portugal 2
us alaska 2
us new york 1
us nc 1
us alabama 1

excludings double votings

The geographic region CAN / US Alaska is first now.

Edited on 1/31/2021 at 3:32 PM. Reason:
#22 (permalink)      1/31/2021 3:36:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12923
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19754
+2 details
Already live in what I consider to be one of the best spots in the world, for me.
Toronto, Canada.
Close to the US but just enough away.

Hold 2 citizenships, British/Canadian so had a lot of choices but this is a great country to do well in, its relatively safe. A good spot to bring up children if you have any.

At 20 I preferred NYC for nightlife but would not have wanted to live there 24/7. Or London for that matter.
Toronto is just that bit quieter.

Would have enjoyed leaving and living in Israel at 20 odd though.
Could likely have dealt with parts of Australia or NZ as well.

Europe never held interest for me.
#23 (permalink)      1/31/2021 4:01:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos976
Yes I also think, Toronto is a very good choice, and it is bilingual english french.
And a lot of Europeans are living there.
And it is not a long sail to french or english caribics.
And you are perhaps allowed to work in this commonwealth, means also UK, Australia,...
#24 (permalink)      1/31/2021 4:19:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos976
But for the very young intelligent people, Berlin seems now better than NYC, LA and SF.
#25 (permalink)      1/31/2021 4:29:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12923
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19754
Troepfler wrote:

But for the very young intelligent people, Berlin seems now better than NYC, LA and SF.

I take back what I said earlier. Berlin always held my interest.

Paris, Milan, Brussels, etc; never did in so far as a residence.

#26 (permalink)      1/31/2021 4:34:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JayJayMcKlay
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 389
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos323
Live in Denmark and can't really find a better place.
42% tax cut is kind of a downer but we are getting something for the money free healthcare, education, general welfare.

Have been living in a couple of countries the only one I liked was a couple of years in Germany/Berlin lower tax greater car but that's about 10 years ago and now I just find them way to pro Bruxelles to my liking so not going anywhere anymore.
The internet used to be all about spreading and sharing knowledge, but today it seems that it's mostly about spreading ignorance.
#27 (permalink)      1/31/2021 4:49:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos976
Still.Me wrote:

Troepfler wrote:

I take back what I said earlier. Berlin always held my interest.

Paris, Milan, Brussels, etc; never did in so far as a residence.

I do not have any real informations, but it seems, they are living in Berlin today like in the 1920s, and much harder, lots of crazy people from all over the world, lots of money, lots of special sex.
Amsterdam seems to be a quiet little village compared to Berlin.

#28 (permalink)      1/31/2021 5:01:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos976
JayJayMcKlay wrote:

42% tax cut is kind of a downer but we are getting something for the money free healthcare, education, general welfare.

Have been living in a couple of countries the only one I liked was a couple of years in Germany/Berlin lower tax greater car but that's about 10 years ago and now I just find them way to pro Bruxelles to my liking so not going anywhere anymore.

And what do you think, is the social security better in Denmark or in Germany, I think they are very close.

#29 (permalink)      1/31/2021 5:07:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bangaroo
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 88
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos91
+1 details
IM LIVIN IN IT, AUSTRALIA AND THEN NEW ZEALAND // aus marginal tax rate ,superannuation ,free medical, unemployment benefits for those that need it, natural frontier surrounded by water // WORLDS BEST KEPT SECRET// love you all //CHEERS
#30 (permalink)      1/31/2021 5:28:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos976
+1 details
bangaroo wrote:

IM LIVIN IN IT, AUSTRALIA AND THEN NEW ZEALAND // aus marginal tax rate ,superannuation ,free medical, unemployment benefits for those that need it, natural frontier surrounded by water // WORLDS BEST KEPT SECRET// love you all //CHEERS

Thanks for input.
But you eat on the north and south coast the same hamburger like on the west or east coast,
but you have to drive some thousand miles.

We discuss in Europe:
Is the coffee better in spain, france or italy, I think it is about 500 km to drive to test it.

But you are right, with a Toyota Hilux and lots of gas, Australia is very nice.
I was thinking about that.

#31 (permalink)      1/31/2021 5:29:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JayJayMcKlay
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 389
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos323
+1 details
Troepfler wrote:

JayJayMcKlay wrote:

And what do you think, is the social security better in Denmark or in Germany, I think they are very close.

I find them very close as well but you will live better in Denmark on social security.
But there is a major difference that social security is for a time in both countries in Germany your on you own until the time is up and then it's just to bad. In Denmark we have a huge department in the state to make sure you will never end up in that situation (times up).
You will end up on reeducation or something but never on the street unless your kind of just give up on the hole race.

In Germany you will allwas have to think about savings and depending on family and stuff if your hitting bad luck in Denmark we think about savings but we think about them for when we are getting old not out of a job.

The internet used to be all about spreading and sharing knowledge, but today it seems that it's mostly about spreading ignorance.