How long do you shake your VG & PG before mixing?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      2/2/2021 12:37:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
+1 details
WackyHarry wrote:

I don't know how my question can be this difficult!

It's the phrasing of your question. Simply changing the word "before" to "when" makes everything fall together..."how long should i shake my (ingredients) WHEN mixing?"

What does he mean when he says words?
#22 (permalink)      2/2/2021 12:54:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10964
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6871
+2 details
I'm sensing alot of people had piss in their cheerios this morning....
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#23 (permalink)      2/2/2021 1:03:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
+1 details
Skeeeets wrote:

I'm sensing alot of people had piss in their cheerios this morning....

Yeah, they want to act smart but couldn't decipher WackyHarry's question. i mean, what else did they think he meant, that he just shakes bottles of unmixed liquid for fun, or exercise?

#24 (permalink)      2/2/2021 7:14:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2029
+1 details
Not for fun, but because he expects to accomplish something with the shaking. There are a lot of things that need a good shake before adding to a mix (including the flavourings and nic concentrate we use, but also things like paint and such). PG and VG just happen not to fall into that category.

Edited on 2/2/2021 at 7:15 AM. Reason:
#25 (permalink)      2/2/2021 8:51:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
+1 details
Well, you are assuming a lot, to be fair, Esselar. But, he also hasn't really clarified anything either. Could be a language barrier, as I mentioned above. Or, he could be new to mixing, and just not know what he's doing yet, as you mention. Regardless, I'm sure he has seen/will see this, and be properly informed, and insulted, lol.
#26 (permalink)      2/2/2021 9:45:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2029
+2 details
He did clearly ask "how long do you shake your PG and VG before mixing". I don't see how you can read any ambiguity into that. There's nothing unclear about the question. It just makes assumptions that aren't warranted in any way.
#27 (permalink)      2/2/2021 10:41:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7715
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4505
+2 details
Any troll answers given are justified because harry has a history of starting wacky threads that some might even consider trolly. Nothing wrong with that, but responses will reflect that.

The title of the thread is clear. The OP of the thread is even more clear. Both are written with no indication of a language barrier (or enough of one) to indicate there's anything to decipher.

How long do you shake your PG and your VG?

The following is my final answer:

When I turn on my burners on my gas stove, I let the flame burn for 3 minutes to get the flame nice and hot before I set a frying pan on it.

Doesn't make any scientific sense, does it? Right, and neither does shaking your PG and VG. If your PG or VG is separating or something in it is settling, don't shake them, throw them away.

Edited on 2/2/2021 at 5:44 PM. Reason:
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#28 (permalink)      2/2/2021 6:08:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gotthedrips
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 4000
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos8823
+2 details
I find my nearest building that's already falling and run to the 3rd floor then place it on the floor and run...... running
There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who cant!
#29 (permalink)      2/2/2021 6:31:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21539
+2 details
Shake it till it bleeds....that said any info in the thread falls directly under Cunningham's Law.
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#30 (permalink)      2/4/2021 5:43:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4169
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4419
+2 details
Wylie wrote:

Look into frothing your e-liquids, it incorporates oxygen into the mixture and drastically decreases the steeping time.

Oxidization is the enemy. It is the primary factor in e-liquid degeneration, and will render Nic base unvapable. The process is quite visible in Nic base, as the color change from clear, to orange is a reliable indicator of oxidization. It lowers the potency of the Nic, and creates a peppery taste. Not very nice.

Steeping, is a myth. In tea, steeping relates to the time for the tea to be fully infused with the boiling water, and affects the concentration of the Tannins etc, but in e-Liquid, you should be determining your concentrations. There is no fermentation or any other reaction that is occurring in e-Liquid, other than the degrading effects of oxidation, which is accelerated significantly, via the suspension of small bubbles in the solution. Heat also accelerates oxidation, which is why you want to keep your Nic base refrigerated.

It is not cognac, it will not get better with age, ask any commercial e-Liquid producer, and they will tell you, the fresher the better. The illusion that steeping improves e-Liquid, largely is due to poor recipes, where one or more ingredients are more prominent than they should be, either due to the amounts, or not taking the time to get the percentages correct. Steeping only blunts the flavor, look to lower, or adjusting flavoring percentages instead of relying on the deterioration of oxidization process. Get your recipe right, and there will be no need to "steep" it.

Once the e-Liquid is fully blended, that is as good as it will ever be.

Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department
#31 (permalink)      2/4/2021 4:47:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
+1 details
OneBadwolf wrote:

Wylie wrote:
Look into frothing your e-liquids, it incorporates oxygen into the mixture and drastically decreases the steeping time.

Oxidization is the enemy. It is the primary factor in e-liquid degeneration, and will render Nic base unvapable. The process is quite visible in Nic base, as the color change from clear, to orange is a reliable indicator of oxidization. It lowers the potency of the Nic, and creates a peppery taste. Not very nice.

Steeping, is a myth. In tea, steeping relates to the time for the tea to be fully infused with the boiling water, and affects the concentration of the Tannins etc, but in e-Liquid, you should be determining your concentrations. There is no fermentation or any other reaction that is occurring in e-Liquid, other than the degrading effects of oxidation, which is accelerated significantly, via the suspension of small bubbles in the solution. Heat also accelerates oxidation, which is why you want to keep your Nic base refrigerated.

It is not cognac, it will not get better with age, ask any commercial e-Liquid producer, and they will tell you, the fresher the better. The illusion that steeping improves e-Liquid, largely is due to poor recipes, where one or more ingredients are more prominent than they should be, either due to the amounts, or not taking the time to get the percentages correct. Steeping only blunts the flavor, look to lower, or adjusting flavoring percentages instead of relying on the deterioration of oxidization process. Get your recipe right, and there will be no need to "steep" it.

Once the e-Liquid is fully blended, that is as good as it will ever be.

Oh no, you ain't dragging me into that one! The variables are nearly as vast as VG/PG/PEG/...Alcohol base.../Nic variables, nope, no way, no how!

Graphical Edification!

Go eat a green banana!

Edited on 2/4/2021 at 5:17 PM. Reason:
Always keep your ear to the ground!