shopping cart empty
SXK Cinque Terre? OR.... Ultroner Alieno LITE
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      4/18/2021 3:57:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

I also found a couple other gems, like the Asmodus Amighty...with sale its 40.00! Lol, I'm gonna make up my mind today!

Under eighteen bucks elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#12 (permalink)      4/18/2021 4:40:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3181
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1801
+1 details
Thanks for that! The Amighty is a little bigger than I wanted, but at 20.00, hell yeah! They have everything but Gun Metal - I went with Black, looks classy.
one of the wettest, from the standpoint of water.
#13 (permalink)      4/18/2021 7:04:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 345
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos69
Never noticed that Stickman mod before... Looks like a Yihi jawn..

As for Sevo chips.. You left out the Billet Box! Lol..
Nah, there's a ton of things with it.. As for the Scud.. That thing seems a bit overpriced.. Even if its stab..

Funny you mention Asmodus and SXK.. DJ might know the answer..
So I thought Asmodus and Ultroner are of the same company.. Ultroner however, has used these Sevo chips often, which are commonly in SXK mods... Sooo.., is SXK part of Ultroner or vice versa or is SXK technically part of Asmodus..? Or maybe Ultroner was just copying the Asmodus style for a while. ?

Idk,but the debates been around for a while now.. Would like to know.. I'm aware many of these companies work around each other in Shenzhen..

Regarding Asmodus.. The mods I've had, the Spruzza squonk.., I had for a week and the pump level broke.. Stopped pumping.. So I returned it to Element.. Then, I got the Colossal, in white.., its like a Minikin Mini.., both mods had the touch/swipe screen.. which I really don't mind.. and I like the sleek look without the buttons... And both mods were only $30..

However, lol, the Colossal, even though I still use it, is quite messed up.. The batteries were always so hard to get out, and always tore my wraps..,and then the one day, the whole damn battery compartment ripped out, yet all the wires stayed intact and it still works, somehow.. So now, I just leave the battery in.. Its the only non-internal battery that I charge via USB... I should retire it, but I love the look.. Perfect for my MTL setups..
#14 (permalink)      4/18/2021 8:54:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2455
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3906
+1 details
Tony215 wrote:

So I thought Asmodus and Ultroner are of the same company.. Ultroner however, has used these Sevo chips often, which are commonly in SXK mods... Sooo.., is SXK part of Ultroner or vice versa or is SXK technically part of Asmodus..?

SXK and Ultroner have the same parent company: Sacowin/SAC (Shenzhen Sacowin Tech Co.,Ltd). It's a Chinese company based in Shenzhen.

Asmodus is a completely different entity. Asmodus is an American company based in Paramount, CA.
Asmodus and Sacowin had a long standing partnership which expired during the first half of 2019.
Until that point Sacowin was providing the stabilized wood used in Asmodus-branded devices.

Asmodus' new "Chinese" business partner appears to be Vandy Vape.
Vandy Vape is also an American company (Troy, MI) but it conducts its operations in the PRC through a Chinese subsidiary (Shenzhen Vandyvape Technology Co.,Ltd)

#15 (permalink)      4/18/2021 11:46:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3181
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1801
...AND, to confuse it even more, very early Asmodus mods used the Sevo chip, BEFORE it was called the Sevo chip, lol

I can't claim to know who originally created/owns the "ARES/Sevo" chip, but it's been in use a LONG time. I think in 2018 the high end Swiss modder E-Phoenix (Hurricane rta) even licensed it, re-named it, added joystick navigation, ala YIHI, and released it in a single 18650 squonker - stabwood and 350.00 price tag included. This was before Ultroner was even a thing, though SXK was heavily involved with mods at the time...I imagine a scenario where early SXK sought to license chip use, much like YIHI and Evolv were beginning to do at the time, with Asmodus and E=Phoenix as early adopters...
#16 (permalink)      4/19/2021 3:58:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3181
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1801
Damn, ordered that Amighty and 8 hours later it ships...amazing!