What is going on????
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/25/2021 4:04:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ListlessSpectre
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 525
  • Reviews 107
  • Kudos193
+1 details
What is going on????
I think vapers are really getting the shaft by FT.

We already know that there's a huge consumer base of vapers who are collectors and hobbyists,that goes without saying, and FT gets a lot of business through them.

Over the course of the last couple of years, the prices on mod kits and devices have gone up exponentially by anywhere from 10% to as much as 50% for products by substandard mainstream brands like Innokin, Geek Vape, Lost Vape, etc.

I happen to be a fan of mechanical mods.. serial, parallel, high quality box mods, etc and FT used to have a selection for every taste or every need. Now all I see is pods, overpriced garbage RDAs and trash mods like the Taurus going for over $90. I paid $70 for an authentic VC Niflheim Valhalla V2 40mm, yet I can come here and find some garbage SteamCrave Aromamizer for even more than that which is absurd.

Also, FT has a business model that's just absolutely redundant and I don't know how anybody can get used to it. Most times when you purchase product, the product is available and in stock, you purchase it and it is shipped to you within 72 hours.
I can't possibly count how many times I've had 7 and 10 day extensions repeatedly put on products that are unavailable at time of purchase. They don't hold the manufacturer responsible and the customer is either forced to wait or cancel their order out of frustration.

Shipping times are always luck of the draw and even when paying top dollar for shipping, I've had stuff sit in transit for up to 2 months before either being refunded or it mysteriously shows up while tracking lags behind almost a full month. I've had other items that have showed up in 2 weeks. But when you have customers that you sell to that are waiting for a product and FT can't fulfill that requirement, the brunt of the burden is yours to bear and it causes an insane amount of stress not to mention bad reviews.

I've been around a long time, but I think I'm going to spend my last $70 gift certificate and call it quits. Ft just doesn't offer anything worthwhile in The vaping category anymore. They seem bent on pushing disposables, pod devices and cheap plastic variable wattage devices with huge screens and subohm tanks, and skyrocketing product prices on no-name companies like Ultroner.

I doubt anyone will care, but I'm just here trying to raise people's awareness of what I've seen over the course of the last four or five years. It definitely isn't what it used to be. Shop smarter not harder.
#2 (permalink)      6/25/2021 4:23:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+2 details
Blaming Ft for the sad state of the mainstream vape industry is a little backwards, if you think about it....i feel your pain, but mechs are yesterdays's news, so just like my squonkers, they are rare. Buy them when you see them, what else can you do?

Authentic Vaper's Cloud is still Chinese, btw...

Edited on 6/25/2021 at 4:24 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#3 (permalink)      6/25/2021 5:15:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ListlessSpectre
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 525
  • Reviews 107
  • Kudos193
+1 details
Yep, VC is Chinese. Fully aware of this. The ironic part is they can put out a massive high quality chunk a 40 mm goodness for around 70 bucks, but 70 bucks doesn't get you much in the vapor category in FT anymore.

I'm actually seeing better deals here in the United States than I am here in FT but I won't have to wait 2 months for it to arrive...lol.

As to mech mods being yesterday, apparently you're in the wrong circles because mech mod connoisseurs like myself think squonkers are for kids.

My current favorite is the Lykan and the Rulebreaker. I've got a ton of Immortal Mod stuff.

Edited on 6/25/2021 at 5:16 PM. Reason: Forgot some words
#4 (permalink)      6/25/2021 8:50:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Asharru
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2018
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
+2 details
I like regulated and mechanical mods AND squonkers...and I'm 46. Most people I know that vape, vape pods and throw aways, however I'm not most people. Fasttech is a business, they are better stocking things that sell, rather than cater to a smaller group of "connoisseurs" who "might" drop 300 bucks on a purge. And why you gotta talk smack on steam crave? I use and love their stuff, and have for several years. There's actually a Glaz in my current rotation. Jeez man. Let people like what they like. Different strokes for different folks. I'm just glad we're not smoking!

Edited on 6/25/2021 at 8:51 PM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      6/26/2021 1:50:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dirkmixel
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2021
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
+2 details
damn that's crazy
#6 (permalink)      6/26/2021 5:43:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 528
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos168
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Blaming Ft for the sad state of the mainstream vape industry is a little backwards, if you think about it....i feel your pain, but mechs are yesterdays's news, so just like my squonkers, they are rare. Buy them when you see them, what else can you do?Authentic Vaper's Cloud is still Chinese, btw...

While I agree with you that we can't blaim FT for the sad state of the vape industry, I must agree with the very long shipping delays and extensions, sometimes even if you buy only one or two products which appears in stock or shipped next day. It is very frustating and does not encourage me to order more when you see that competitors ship way more faster the exact same Product.

#7 (permalink)      6/26/2021 5:50:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JR___
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 368
  • Reviews 213
  • Kudos283
+1 details
ListlessSpectre wrote:

As to mech mods being yesterday, apparently you're in the wrong circles because mech mod connoisseurs like myself think squonkers are for kids.

Oh god, that sentence.

#8 (permalink)      6/26/2021 11:10:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+2 details
JR___ wrote:

ListlessSpectre wrote:

Oh god, that sentence.

Really? Whats your user name in these "circles"?, lol. I' just got the new Bestia Furia...to me, that's "elite" as a simple lathe turned mech as you can get...well, YOU can't get it,( you're probably not in the right circles)but I can...
(see what a douche I sound like saying that?)

P.S. Vapes are not for any kids of any age, even squonkers, which, by the way, are the cornerstone of the high end market, and also where you will see the highest prices and rarest devices. Hardly kid's fare, and a very ignorant statement to make, ESPECIALLY in a Chinese mainstream vape forum, where original mechs have never been widespread even in their heydey....

You can't name 10 tube mechs released in 2020....you can't name 10 squonks either....see the correlation? Buy them when they release, or build your own....what other choice do we have?

#9 (permalink)      6/26/2021 11:23:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+2 details
the one thing dude is okay with is the thing that irritates me above all.

Immortal Mods is Armageddon, rebranded after they got busted for selling Chinese gear as American Made, for YEARS!!!!

So while Elite Vape rod enthusiasts look down their nose at us, know that they got ripped more than any FT customer, and those 350.00 mechs they sell are just 30.00 brass tubes with splattered paint or cerakote, made in the same factory as all your favorite clones.

Edited on 6/26/2021 at 11:25 AM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      6/26/2021 11:35:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 786
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
+2 details
Most of the comments about long delivery times, gear disappearing for months etc. haven't been my personal experience- FT have never been 'fast' but 90% of my orders still arrive in about 2 and a half weeks from ordering - a week longer than average than from other Chinese sites - but I've paid Zero (sometimes an extra 35 cents) for postage.

On Monday I did receive 4 packages from FT ordered between 21 to 31 May - but these were stuck in a Dutch Airport for a week and at Heathrow Airport for 4 days, because of this thing called Covid...

I think that the reason FT don't bother with 40mm atties etc is that - not many people want them. They really are a niche product.
#11 (permalink)      6/26/2021 12:43:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

the one thing dude is okay with is the thing that irritates me above all.

Immortal Mods is Armageddon, rebranded after they got busted for selling Chinese gear as American Made, for YEARS!!!!

So while Elite Vape rod enthusiasts look down their nose at us, know that they got ripped more than any FT customer, and those 350.00 mechs they sell are just 30.00 brass tubes with splattered paint or cerakote, made in the same factory as all your favorite clones.

A few more American designed/made modders come to mind. Rogue Mods, Reload Vaper, 528 Customs and Dotmod. Comp Lyfe and Avid Lyfe too?

Remember how Ginger Vaper stole the design of the original Boxer 18650 mech bf mod from a Finnish modder and Rich claimed it was his original design when the Boxer bf clone came out and again when the Hugo Vapor Squeezer came out?

Edited on 6/26/2021 at 8:38 PM. Reason: