What is going on????
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      6/26/2021 12:43:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

the one thing dude is okay with is the thing that irritates me above all.

Immortal Mods is Armageddon, rebranded after they got busted for selling Chinese gear as American Made, for YEARS!!!!

So while Elite Vape rod enthusiasts look down their nose at us, know that they got ripped more than any FT customer, and those 350.00 mechs they sell are just 30.00 brass tubes with splattered paint or cerakote, made in the same factory as all your favorite clones.

A few more American designed/made modders come to mind. Rogue Mods, Reload Vaper, 528 Customs and Dotmod. Comp Lyfe and Avid Lyfe too?

Remember how Ginger Vaper stole the design of the original Boxer 18650 mech bf mod from a Finnish modder and Rich claimed it was his original design when the Boxer bf clone came out and again when the Hugo Vapor Squeezer came out?

Edited on 6/26/2021 at 8:38 PM. Reason:
#12 (permalink)      6/26/2021 6:37:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ListlessSpectre
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 525
  • Reviews 107
  • Kudos193
+1 details
My post wasn't meant to inflame a whole other conversation, but I made my point and I did something about it. I spent my last $70 gift cert on an Odin and I'm washing my hands with FT.

Good luck, best regards and stay off the analogs, peepz.
#13 (permalink)      6/27/2021 1:00:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
djvillan wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:the one thing dude is okay with is the thing that irritates me above all.Immortal Mods is Armageddon, rebranded after they got busted for selling Chinese gear as American Made, for YEARS!!!!So while Elite Vape rod enthusiasts look down their nose at us, know that they got ripped more than any FT customer, and those 350.00 mechs they sell are just 30.00 brass tubes with splattered paint or cerakote, made in the same factory as all your favorite clones.A few more American designed/made modders come to mind. Rogue Mods, Reload Vaper, 528 Customs and Dotmod. Comp Lyfe and Avid Lyfe too?Remember how Ginger Vaper stole the design of the original Boxer 18650 mech bf mod from a Finnish modder and Rich claimed it was his original design when the Boxer bf clone came out and again when the Hugo Vapor Squeezer came out?

There's plenty. Hate to say it, but it's mainly prevalent in the tube mech world, where users (conni-sewers) are less informed on the products they desire. Dotmod, Reload etc, are different in that to my knowledge, they have never claimed to be usa made. That's a huge difference. My post was not about USA offices with manufacturing in China....that list is quite long...with Aspire and Asmodus at the head of the list...

But the Boxer thing, never heard this "jai haze version"( i assume)....lol, it's not really true, at all. You cant steal something that doesnt belong to anyone, and the squonk was not new. If this was Mike Vapes I bet you'd feel differently, eh?

Edited on 6/27/2021 at 1:07 AM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#14 (permalink)      6/27/2021 7:05:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:

But the Boxer thing, never heard this "jai haze version"( i assume)....lol, it's not really true, at all. You cant steal something that doesnt belong to anyone, and the squonk was not new. If this was Mike Vapes I bet you'd feel differently, eh?

It was well known in Europe before Jai Haze stuck his nose in it. Look it up. Naturally if you ask Rich or his bro they'll tell you the opposite. The Boxer bf mod design was stolen by GV from a Finnish modder.

Speaking of MF, he also claimed Reload stole his deck design for their Reload 26 rta. Funny thing is he never designed it. That was taken from, or as he later claimed when he got called out for it, "inspired by" an older rta.

Remember when he called out and told everybody to boycott Armageddon Mods products, yet now you see him rocking an black Armageddon Mods Elite v2 rda whenever he shows if a 28mm atty will fit on a mod.

#15 (permalink)      6/27/2021 8:21:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
I've never stolen something from overseas without travelling there....story sounds like made up b.s....again, nobody owns the "squonk" idea...which is why I'd want to hear facts. The only fact I can squeeze out of this story is that the 3d printed bodies were printed in Scandinavia somewhere....they may still be, IDK. If I draw a picture of a mod, that picture belongs to me, but an actual mod modelled after that drawing surely does not, right? That mod would belong to the person who invested time and money into making the mod a reality, because an idea is just an idea until someone acts on it....thats why I brought up Mike Vapes....he did not ever "own" any rda or rta design,but he thought he "did enough" to warrant throwing shit AT Reload and others with similar decks....

Like i've said before, often the truth is "too boring" for most....

Edited on 6/27/2021 at 8:57 AM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      6/27/2021 8:52:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
ListlessSpectre wrote:

My post wasn't meant to inflame a whole other conversation, but I made my point and I did something about it. I spent my last $70 gift cert on an Odin and I'm washing my hands with FT.

Good luck, best regards and stay off the analogs, peepz.

You can still visit the forums regardless of your purchases....I obviously do most of my shopping elsewhere too, that's no reason to remove yourself...you'll still find some of the latest product info (even mechs) right here in the forums.

Edited on 6/27/2021 at 8:53 AM. Reason:
#17 (permalink)      6/27/2021 11:02:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

I've never stolen something from overseas without travelling there....story sounds like made up b.s....again, nobody owns the "squonk" idea...which is why I'd want to hear facts. The only fact I can squeeze out of this story is that the 3d printed bodies were printed in Scandinavia somewhere....they may still be, IDK. If I draw a picture of a mod, that picture belongs to me, but an actual mod modelled after that drawing surely does not, right? That mod would belong to the person who invested time and money into making the mod a reality, because an idea is just an idea until someone acts on it....thats why I brought up Mike Vapes....he did not ever "own" any rda or rta design,but he thought he "did enough" to warrant throwing shit AT Reload and others with similar decks....Like i've said before, often the truth is "too boring" for most....

It's clear you don't know the real story so I'll break it down for you.

Initially it was designed by Teamu Kangus/Teemu Kangu (?) and printed by Shapeways until it was removed. Only a handful of people outside of the EU had heard of the modder or the mod. Ginger Vaper (Ginger Industries) then somehow became the exclusive retailer/distributor of the Boxer mod. Once it started selling well GV then decided to cut him out, basically clone the mod, stick either an SXJ or DNA chip in it and sell it as their own designed and made in USA mod and charge their high end price.

#18 (permalink)      6/27/2021 12:02:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
djvillan wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
I've never stolen something from overseas without travelling there....story sounds like made up b.s....again, nobody owns the "squonk" idea...which is why I'd want to hear facts. The only fact I can squeeze out of this story is that the 3d printed bodies were printed in Scandinavia somewhere....they may still be, IDK. If I draw a picture of a mod, that picture belongs to me, but an actual mod modelled after that drawing surely does not, right? That mod would belong to the person who invested time and money into making the mod a reality, because an idea is just an idea until someone acts on it....thats why I brought up Mike Vapes....he did not ever "own" any rda or rta design,but he thought he "did enough" to warrant throwing shit AT Reload and others with similar decks....Like i've said before, often the truth is "too boring" for most....It's clear you don't know the real story so I'll break it down for you.

Initially it was designed by Teamu Kangus/Teemu Kangu (?) and printed by Shapeways until it was removed. Only a handful of people outside of the EU had heard of the modder or the mod. Ginger Vaper (Ginger Industries) then somehow became the exclusive retailer/distributor of the Boxer mod. Once it started selling well GV then decided to cut him out, basically clone the mod, stick either an SXJ or DNA chip in it and sell it as their own designed and made in USA mod and charge their high end price.

That's closer to what I heard....so If you knew this info, why did you use words like "steal" that are inflammatory and not really true, as I said before? There was no theft. Many initial partners/investors/collaborators get left out when a business prospers, for many reasons. That's probably what happened here....there's a few expressions that come to mind : "Money talks, Bullshit Walks". The fact that even now, this "modder"(artist/inventor/unemployed) remains an unknown....which tells me the company is probably in the right hands and where it belongs.

Edited on 6/27/2021 at 12:12 PM. Reason:
#19 (permalink)      6/27/2021 12:37:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
carrion4worm wrote:

That's closer to what I heard....so If you knew this info, why did you use words like "steal" that are inflammatory and not really true, as I said before? There was no theft. Many initial partners/investors/collaborators get left out when a business prospers, for many reasons. That's probably what happened here....there's a few expressions that come to mind : "Money talks, Bullshit Walks". The fact that even now, this "modder"(artist/inventor/unemployed) remains an unknown....which tells me the company is probably in the right hands and where it belongs.

GV stole the design, plain and simple. Whether the original designer/modder cared or not is not important. Had GV credited him or even asked him for permission to use his design like Digiflavour did with TVC and his Drop design rda then there'd be no allegations of ip theft by myself and others.

Piss GV off and you get harrassed/threatened. Fact. They even went as far as creating different accounts in various social media to harrass/threaten anyone who spoke negatively about them or their mods. Not many had or still have the balls to stand up to them. Take Mike Fakes as one of those gutless clowns who now shills for GV.

#20 (permalink)      6/27/2021 1:26:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 424
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos105
I hear a lot of negative things about GV and Rebel... but still plan on getting a 75c Rebel...

Sounds like the writer just lost their passion for vaping..

My only gripe with FT is slow shipping...

Hard to blame them for the products being made..
#21 (permalink)      6/27/2021 1:37:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+1 details
You are so caught up in fake drama. "Design" a mech squonk??? Dude, they are all basically the same. Get off Fasttech with that B.S, lol! Anyway, if you want to believe there's a secret cabal of vapers harassing other vapers, go right ahead. You are crazy, but it's your right.

Seriously. though....those days are GONE, or should be. "Designing" has become "consolidating" or "elaborating" when it comes to atomizers: three or four coil fastening styles mixed with three or four possible airflow combinations, and then there are the graphics or designs and shape that set it apart usually.

With mods there is tons of room for creativity, but there is a HUGE market for same-same small, compact squonks. Boxer falls firmly in the middle somewhere...they were not the first, but they were the first to successfully bring 3D printing into mod building on a large scale. I'm sure Rebel was there too, but maybe because they are European they get a free pass...? I mean, if I was gonna rant about one of the two, I know where most would spit their vitriol....Rebel pisses off about 1 out of 5 customers....terrible. They remove FB posts and members that complain, etc....but that's Rebel, not Ginger.

Never had any issues with my Boxers...true lifetime warranties, just don't lose the mod!

Rumor Mill.

We have enough real "bad guys" in the world...I can assure you, these guys ain't really it, lol....And for the record, yes, I am a member of both Rebel and Boxer groups on FB, and I own multiple devices from both companies, so I know a little.

Edited on 6/27/2021 at 1:44 PM. Reason: