What is going on????
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      6/27/2021 1:37:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+1 details
You are so caught up in fake drama. "Design" a mech squonk??? Dude, they are all basically the same. Get off Fasttech with that B.S, lol! Anyway, if you want to believe there's a secret cabal of vapers harassing other vapers, go right ahead. You are crazy, but it's your right.

Seriously. though....those days are GONE, or should be. "Designing" has become "consolidating" or "elaborating" when it comes to atomizers: three or four coil fastening styles mixed with three or four possible airflow combinations, and then there are the graphics or designs and shape that set it apart usually.

With mods there is tons of room for creativity, but there is a HUGE market for same-same small, compact squonks. Boxer falls firmly in the middle somewhere...they were not the first, but they were the first to successfully bring 3D printing into mod building on a large scale. I'm sure Rebel was there too, but maybe because they are European they get a free pass...? I mean, if I was gonna rant about one of the two, I know where most would spit their vitriol....Rebel pisses off about 1 out of 5 customers....terrible. They remove FB posts and members that complain, etc....but that's Rebel, not Ginger.

Never had any issues with my Boxers...true lifetime warranties, just don't lose the mod!

Rumor Mill.

We have enough real "bad guys" in the world...I can assure you, these guys ain't really it, lol....And for the record, yes, I am a member of both Rebel and Boxer groups on FB, and I own multiple devices from both companies, so I know a little.

Edited on 6/27/2021 at 1:44 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#22 (permalink)      6/27/2021 1:56:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
What's funny is that you're aware of what GV did but claim it's fake drama. Yet there are lots of people who posted their experiences, screenshots of emails, dm's, pm's, etc between themselves and GV. All fake or you for some reason don't want to accept the truth?

Oh wait I just remembered, anyone who disagrees with your opinions is crazy.

I agreed with your opinion about Immortal Mods. That doesn't make me crazy but disagreeing with you about GV does? LOL. :D

Notice you can't have a discussion with someone without ultimately trying to make personal attacks against them when they hold a different opinion about something than you do?

Edited on 6/27/2021 at 1:58 PM. Reason:
#23 (permalink)      6/27/2021 2:01:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+1 details

Good looking , but a hot mess....Rebel 21700 squonk....flex-y, poor door lock "feature" that barely stays on, poor wiring joints and poor battery connection installation....and these are more expensive than Boxer!

The reason I have a red door? It fits better than the black one it came with....totally shit company. When I ordered, I reminded him of my last order, and how the door didn't fit on the mod. he said "sure, blah blah, fix you right up"....then 3 weeks later I get the package and the door won't even stay on!!!

And reading complaints they do this Over and Over again....they WANT you to buy more doors, so they don't even bother checking the goddamn mod for problems BEFORE they mail it?

(Cut to- that WHO song chorus...ya know , like CSI...
#24 (permalink)      6/27/2021 2:17:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
Wouldn't buy another GV Boxer or a Rebel mod, both have bad reps for various reasons and are overpriced. Just going to order a few Snow Cap mods for $100 each and excellent reputation.

Edited on 6/27/2021 at 7:20 PM. Reason:
#25 (permalink)      6/27/2021 2:27:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+1 details
djvillan wrote:

What's funny is that you're aware of what GV did but claim it's fake drama. Yet there are lots of people who posted their experiences, screenshots of emails, dm's, pm's, etc between themselves and GV. All fake or you for some reason don't want to accept the truth?Oh wait I just remembered, anyone who disagrees with your opinions is crazy.I agreed with your opinion about Immortal Mods. That doesn't make me crazy but disagreeing with you about GV does? LOL. :DNotice you can't have a discussion with someone without ultimately trying to make personal attacks against them when they hold a different opinion about something than you do?

Stop trying to think so much. You'll hurt yourself, or worse, you'll start making up reasons to ruin this thread with dumb shit. Please don't, and no one on this thread has called anyone anything....if "you're crazy" is too much for you in an adult conversation, well, it shows that maybe you aren't quite ready yet to have these types of conversations....your choice.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, I'm telling you that you're biased against Boxer for some reason....you don't have to hide behind paper thin excuses. The best solution for you, DJ? Go buy a Boxer. Then you won't have to hate them anymore.

#26 (permalink)      6/27/2021 7:18:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Stop trying to think so much. You'll hurt yourself, or worse, you'll start making up reasons to ruin this thread with dumb shit. Please don't, and no one on this thread has called anyone anything....if "you're crazy" is too much for you in an adult conversation, well, it shows that maybe you aren't quite ready yet to have these types of conversations....your choice.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, I'm telling you that you're biased against Boxer for some reason....you don't have to hide behind paper thin excuses. The best solution for you, DJ? Go buy a Boxer. Then you won't have to hate them anymore.

There you go again, personal attacks is your only defense against things you already know are facts.

Waiting 3 months for the Boxer to finally arrive, seeing that it had not been properly finished and then receiving abusive messages from GV when I asked to return it for a working replacement or a refund is unacceptable customer service. The Rebel mod had the same flaws that you pointed out and when the replacement arrived it was just as bad. For those reasons I would never buy another mod from either company or recommend them to my friends.

You're biased in favour of GV and against Rebel, I'm biased against both. We both have our reasons, why can't you just accept that?

#27 (permalink)      6/27/2021 8:35:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
xandwhyisY
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 595
  • Reviews 125
  • Kudos519
+1 details
Gentlemen, please. Can we all just be honest and admit 3d printed mods are all kinda (and all kinds) of shitty?
They all feel mediocre in the hand, with deep grooves and weird plastic fucked up finishes and such.
Did I mention the weird feel of the buttons too. Ick!
#28 (permalink)      6/28/2021 6:02:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+1 details
No issues with anyone, but IF one is going to bring up 5 year old rumors, there has been plenty of time to obtain proper proof of claim. After all this time, no details makes me think the original drawer, or designer, put out a open source file, they took it, modified it, and it got somewhat successful , due to start up money. Of course the guy is going to be salty, wouldn't you be? That doesn't make anyone a thief, is all I'm saying....

Because obviously, I own mods from both, and I have been a member of both private groups a long time. I don't think I'm biased towards either, I'm just stating my experiences. I only see shady shit from one company, honestly. I wish Rebel would get their shit together...

I feel my perspective is different as a business owner. There are millions of great ideas out there with no money behind them, so they never reach true success. It's not about the best product, many times it's about production and distribution advantages....which is where money is needed. It's not my idea of perfect either, but it's what we have for now.

Edited on 6/28/2021 at 6:14 AM. Reason:
#29 (permalink)      6/28/2021 4:15:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+1 details
xandwhyisY wrote:

Gentlemen, please. Can we all just be honest and admit 3d printed mods are all kinda (and all kinds) of shitty?
They all feel mediocre in the hand, with deep grooves and weird plastic fucked up finishes and such.
Did I mention the weird feel of the buttons too. Ick!

Nope, I can't agree, sorry. ...But you need to hold a newer mod in your hand....gone is the rough texture many did not like. For instance, the Boxer classic 100C feels like a Supbox, only slightly grippier.

I used to dislike them as well, especially early on, when prints were less quality. Now, it is the most durable and easiest to maintain finish of any I own...no scratches, no paint, good grip, and light as a feather...

It's not my favorite (white delrin), but it's grown to be a close second. Plastic looks cheap (and usually is much cheaper), so Nylon it is, though it is too expensive for many that just want a vape mod, I suppose.

Edited on 6/28/2021 at 4:25 PM. Reason: