HELP / ADVICE please - from vapers. Big cheers!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      7/17/2021 11:02:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapire
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 434
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos253
vapeluvr wrote:

I bet there are 0mg disposables on UK sites, you're just not looking in the right places. Try planet of the vapes forum. That's the most popular vaping forum for UK vapers.

@vapeluvr
Well, there are a few 0mg disposables on UK sites (as I stated in my original post), it's just that they are of not particularly good quality/my preference. I'm pretty good on the research front and I'd be surprised if you could identify a 0mg disposable Brand that I had not already come across & tried - in fact, I'd bet your bottom $ on it.
Hence why I am looking outside of the Uk for them (and in all the right places too - funnily enough).

Yep, POTV & ECF are the main forums that I am aware of in the Uk.

Edited on 7/17/2021 at 11:08 AM. Reason:
#12 (permalink)      7/17/2021 1:23:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapire
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 434
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos253
airwinny wrote:

Jubby wrote:
I’d help if I could but don’t use pods … only my trusty Dvarws.

airwinny wrote:
I think the only issue he has is having found products in the US that aren't shipped abroad by the sellers. So all he needs is, I think:
-Him to order some pods in the US. Have them delivered to someone in the US.
-That someone shipping the items abroad to him, for which he'll cover the shipping costs.

@airwinny
That's exactly it, Airwinny. I can buy the goods directly from the US retailer as long as I have a US address for them to send the goods to. Then I can just p. pal the US recipient the dosh to send them on to me in the Uk.

If anyone else in the Uk has had a similar issue, please feel free to chime in with how you got around it. Cheers.

#13 (permalink)      7/17/2021 1:47:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 911
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos862
This may seem like a dumb question, but why disposables?

Any pod system that is refillable can take zero mg juice, and as the bulk of e-liquid sales in the UK are nic free short fills which can easily be found everywhere I get the impression you are making life difficult for yourself for the sake of it. Is there a reason only disposables are suitable for you?
#14 (permalink)      7/17/2021 2:35:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapire
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 434
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos253
@Crispycritters

Sir, not sure if you read the whole of my original post - especially towards the end. It said:-
"... Without being funny, I have virtually every pod/AIO from the last few years and so I'm not looking for advice on 'alternatives' to disposables, or on how gen set-ups are MUCH better/more cost effective, etc (I sub, mech, diy, etc, as well). - Just want to know how I can get 0mg disposables only retailed in the US over to me in the Uk".

Why do established, long-term vapers and even vape hobbyists with some of the most obscure gear (of which I am all 3) use disposables from time to time?
= convenience (in the main), and also for me just something silly to mess around with. I'm always up for trying the newer vape products on the market whether it's a mod, rba/rdta, dripper, mech, pod/AIO, the latest concentrates in my flavour profile ... and disposables. They are all 'suitable' for me ... and right now I'm after some 0mg disposables if you don't mind.

Edited on 7/17/2021 at 2:46 PM. Reason:
#15 (permalink)      7/17/2021 4:11:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 911
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos862
I don't mind at all.

I was asking a genuine question - I'm not saying any device is better or expressing environmental concerns. True - an open pod device is an alternative (and you said you didn't want suggestions for alternatives), but as I got the impression you were visiting the UK you may not have realised we have a shortfill system where most e-liquid available is 0mg you could have essentially the same device if you are willing to go to the inconvenience of filling it - they are dirt cheap if you take the time to look around as there are plenty of sites selling last months models dirt cheap so you can throw the fuckers away after use just like a real disposable. But I suppose its easier to get some gullible fucker to do the work for you and ship them to you from the US.
#16 (permalink)      7/18/2021 3:39:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapire
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 434
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos253
@Crispycritters
I live in the Uk. I know the Uk, Chinese, & US vape gear markets fairly well.
Without being rude, your responses don't seem to be taking on board the information I'm setting out.
If I mix/diy and have virtually every AIO/pod from the last 4yrs (& multiples of a good few) I think that I might be able to source more of them dirt cheap, fill them up and throw them away (as you suggest) to pretend that they are disposables if that's what I really wanted to do. I don't. I want actual disposables.
Whether it may seem ridiculous, nonsensical, can't-get-your-head-around, just wondering why, etc, etc, millions of folk want & use disposables, and it's a growing market among all stage vapers (whether that's a good or bad thing), and at the moment I want to try a few that are appropriate to me.
Sometimes (rarely) I want a take-away even though I could fairly easily replicate that same take-away meal myself, or have plenty of other meals that I could quickly knock up, or meals I could eat immediately, but I still want that particular take-away, cooked that particular way, from that particular place.
I don't use nic & have tried every 0mg disposable currently available on the Uk market. I am simply seeing if I can get hold of other brand ones sold outside of the Uk - as I do with any piece of vape gear I can't find in the Uk. It just happens that these other 0mg I've found only retail within the States.

I wouldn't class someone receiving a package at their home and then kindly going to a Post Office on my behalf as doing all the work for me (although I appreciate that it may be a bit of an inconvenience depending on their circumstances and so wouldn't want to bother them in that case). If someone is kind enough to ship hard-to-get items only sold in their own country to someone keen for it in another country I don't think that that makes them a 'gullible fucker' as you put it, just decent & accommodating, and of a generous nature.

When a determined vaper wants a particular piece of obscure (even nonsense) gear, however 'ugh! really?/but why?/waste of timey', etc, it may genuinely seem to another, they're usually going to find a way to get it.
So, without being rude, I'm not interested in arguing with you. In response to your genuine question of why 'disposables' = I have everything else I want right now, disposables are simple, convenient and something silly to play around with. I still use all my other advanced? gear, but I would just like some disposables too. It's really as simple as that. Cheers.

Edited on 7/27/2021 at 6:51 PM. Reason:
#17 (permalink)      7/18/2021 4:45:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2986
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2427
+1 details
Vapire wrote:

@airwinny
That's exactly it, Airwinny. I can buy the goods directly from the US retailer as long as I have a US address for them to send the goods to. Then I can just p. pal the US recipient the dosh to send them on to me in the Uk.

It's something colloquially known as 'Vape Buddies'.

Back a few years ago when it was starting to kick off in the States, some US peeps began to explore the concept of having a regular go-between ship gear their way, usually from the UK or Ireland (no language barrier). In the end, I don't believe it was needed. But with the recent US postal issues and things again going bananas across the Atlantic, some would appear to be considering the concept again.

You're simply seeking the same but in reverse, from the US to the UK. Forums are the probably the best way of finding some kind soul who might oblige, though Social Media might also be s source.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#18 (permalink)      7/18/2021 5:28:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapire
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 434
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos253
Jubby wrote:

I’d help if I could but don’t use pods … only my trusty Dvarws.

Hi Jubby, it would be a case of me placing an order & paying for it directly with the US retailer, but just putting down your/a US address for them to send it to, and then paypaling you a sum of money beforehand to cover the shipping fee (your hard labor, etc) to post it out to the me in the Uk.

If it's not something you're happy to do really though, that's fine mate. I'll be trying the forums as well. :-)

#19 (permalink)      7/18/2021 5:37:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapire
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 434
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos253
+1 details
@analogueman

Cheers ears. Vape buddies - that'll be it.
Originally I just felt a bit wazz joining a forum JUST to ask a favour with a money element to it when they don't even know me/can't see a history of forum activity/member kudos - but, I guess that's what forums can be there for. Don't do social media, but will give the forums a go.
Cheers mate. Appreciated.
#20 (permalink)      7/23/2021 9:20:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Supersoul
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 74
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos33
Seems there is only the analogy of people being asked at an airport by an old lady to take over a parcel to a relative who crave some nice dried fruit from the old country - and when the good Samaritan gets nabbed by the drug squad and the dried fruit turns out to be serious drugs imported into a country which gladly serves the death penalty for smuggling, the little old lady back home will be nowhere to be found...

Easier to ask somebody to buy a particular item and send it on - and send them the money first up to do all this. This gets around the most obvious "trust me" issue. I'm thinking - Go to this particular shop, ask for Louis, say it's a "special purchase 0% nic" he'll give you a parcel, etc etc...

I guess I might have trust issues... LOL! Sorry nice old lady, your nephew is gonna miss out on a kilo of dried figs!
#21 (permalink)      7/23/2021 1:37:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2986
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2427
+1 details
Supersoul wrote:

I guess I might have trust issues... LOL!

You certainly do! :-D

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...