Tried to share the knowledge with you all and got deleted
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/9/2021 3:08:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5687
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5470
+4 details
Tried to share the knowledge with you all and got deleted
So i posted a thread sharing my experiences, as a vaper who's been around since 2013, with modern vape gear. As far as i'm aware, i broke no rules, i definitely didn't mention any competitors, or anything like that

Have been a customer of Fasttech almost as long as i've been a vaper. I've always been active sharing knowledge on this forum, helping people to get better vapes

Not anymore. This is the last thread i will make here. I will NEVER shop with FT again. Even if they have the worlds best item in the history of ever on sale for a cent. It's not the first time i have experienced totally undeserved rudeness from a staff member. Done. Out.

It's been fun and i've known some excellent people here but i'm not getting my face spat in by staff.
Green Screwdriver for LIFE
#2 (permalink)      10/9/2021 5:45:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bangaroo
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 82
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos87
+1 details
HIKO9 // best of wishes to you / cheers
#3 (permalink)      10/9/2021 7:52:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Plzdie
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedSep 2021
  • Posts 259
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos57
Hiko9 wrote:

So i posted a thread sharing my experiences, as a vaper who's been around since 2013, with modern vape gear. As far as i'm aware, i broke no rules, i definitely didn't mention any competitors, or anything like thatHave been a customer of Fasttech almost as long as i've been a vaper. I've always been active sharing knowledge on this forum, helping people to get better vapesNot anymore. This is the last thread i will make here. I will NEVER shop with FT again. Even if they have the worlds best item in the history of ever on sale for a cent. It's not the first time i have experienced totally undeserved rudeness from a staff member. Done. Out.It's been fun and i've known some excellent people here but i'm not getting my face spat in by staff.

I suggest a complete and comprehensive study of capitalism.

#4 (permalink)      10/10/2021 7:06:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
In which thread that happened?
Your last thread was the tube mod improvements, very good idea.
What did staff mentioned to you?
#5 (permalink)      10/10/2021 11:06:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8866
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos20396
+4 details
Moderation here seems to be highly reactive. So if a thread of yours is deleted, chances are someone reported it to staff. I've personally had a bunch of threads deleted, the usual suspects have always been there in the immediate aftermath ready to gloat. But then, my threads have tended to be low effort, offensive and/or pointless, yours from what I can gather was none of that. My best guess as to what happened, someone thought instructions on how to modify mech tubes (if that was the subject of your thread, I didn't catch it) could potentially put other less experienced forum members in risk of injury and took action.

All this is conjecture and I might obviously be entirely wrong.
"My brain is still in recovery mode from taking in so many high level, important ideas" - Dave Rubin
#6 (permalink)      10/10/2021 11:47:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4790
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
+2 details
I read OP's initial post, and I feel he simply advertised the Digiflavor Helix from a local dealer a little too aggressively for FT's taste.

I read it, and thought nothing of it. The post was not even really advertising another vendor.

BUT, as someone who pays attention, I read the post as:

"Hi guys, I know I only show up once in a while, and never buy gear, but when I finally do, I buy it elsewhere!"

Still, not a good enough reason, FT. Hiko is owed a bit of an apology if what he says is true...I'm sure he/she has bought their fair share of FT's products.
What does he mean when he says words?
#7 (permalink)      10/10/2021 12:06:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
+1 details
His last thread was "Why is this not a thing?":
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/vapers/t/3143374/why-is-this-not-a-thing

Atl wrote: "could potentially put other less experienced forum members in risk of injury and took action"

No, that was a very safe smart solution.

But Hiko9 does not answer.

c4w you get my answer later.
#8 (permalink)      10/10/2021 1:24:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
carrion4worm wrote:

I read OP's initial post, and I feel he simply advertised the Digiflavor Helix from a local dealer a little too aggressively for FT's taste.

I read it, and thought nothing of it. The post was not even really advertising another vendor.

BUT, as someone who pays attention, I read the post as:

"Hi guys, I know I only show up once in a while, and never buy gear, but when I finally do, I buy it elsewhere!"

Still, not a good enough reason, FT. Hiko is owed a bit of an apology if what he says is true...I'm sure he/she has bought their fair share of FT's products.

You are lying as much you can.

#9 (permalink)      10/10/2021 6:45:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4790
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
that's not his last thread, his last thread was "a salty old timer buys his first modern vape", or along those lines.

As I said "someone who pays attention." which wasn't the guy that posted above me, lol.
What does he mean when he says words?
#10 (permalink)      10/10/2021 7:21:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12770
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19421
I vaguely saw that thread but didn't pay much attention due our different vaping habits.

Correct me if I am wrong but usually when a thread is deleted, it will just be closed yet you will still see evidence of it, somewhere.
Perhaps I am wrong but I don't see any sign of it?

If, the brand mentioned was one that C4W mentions earlier, a quick search here shows they no longer exist. Perhaps there is a legal issue at play here?
#11 (permalink)      10/10/2021 8:44:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11420
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5943
+1 details
Hi Hiko9,

Sincerely sorry for the trouble caused. And we apologize for the late reply due to the weekend.

I have sent a ticket for you about the deleted post, would you mind to check our message and reply back? Please trust we are taking care of your feedback and will do our best to solve. Thank you.