Smallest, lightest dual-18650 mod?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#51 (permalink)      11/7/2021 8:38:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5946
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
".I also wonder if people hold different products (i.e., handheld electronics) to the same standards? Do we say "Apple sucks" when we drop our phone, and it breaks?"

I don't, my phone was more expensive then any mod I have ever owned. So no I would not hold it to the same standards. It does allot more, and has a very good case to protect it.

I think if there was a comparable product it might be easier, I think the nicotine addiction aspects adds something to it all. If a mod lets you down, it can really put you in a bad spot. Not many people carry a backup phone with them.
#52 (permalink)      11/7/2021 8:40:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
heffo
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 2429
  • Reviews 147
  • Kudos3423
+1 details
Oops c4w, you're right, I read swag, my bad.
#53 (permalink)      11/7/2021 9:31:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5946
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
"It's like a pot-luck dinner on some levels. simply because NONE of the big manufacturers have sufficient quality control - that next faulty mod is always right around the corner...."

That is correct, but if you judge them by how many bad dishes they have served in the past, you might save yourself from some diarrhea, or miss a lovely casserole. I always go for less diarrhea.

"No, I would bet mods are getting worse, as they see a dwindling market, and are applying cost-cutting measures."

I think they are competing with themselves at this point. They raced to the bottom of the pricing cutting each others throats to inch ahead in the market, and who needs 40 mods? Sure lots of people have a crazy collection of mods, but that isn't a NEED, it's a want. At the prices new mods come out at now, what is the on sale market going to be like? For a long time you could wait on a mod, just a few months and get it for nearly half price unless it was a really hot item. Now mods come out at the nearly half price mark of before.

I don't know that it is going to be cost cutting as much as profit cutting. Honestly though it is all speculation. We can't know, it's not like Smok is saying hey what do you think about our 3rd quarter earnings, and labor costs, and cost of materials...

I think the bottom line is these companies are currently successful and they aren't making these things for fun, it's a job. They know better than we do cutting product quality will not keep them successful companies.
#54 (permalink)      11/7/2021 9:44:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5946
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
Vaping needs innovation. If you have vaped for long enough right now you have seen the whole cycle come and go, and start again.
#55 (permalink)      11/7/2021 9:51:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12069
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32088
+1 details
EternalSpline wrote:

Vaping needs innovation. If you have vaped for long enough right now you have seen the whole cycle come and go, and start again.

Amen to that...

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#56 (permalink)      11/7/2021 10:47:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2870
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos4564
+1 details
So true. We all know our favorite setups but i think many of us miss those pioneer days. I try to keep that by making mods but after 20 it becomes routine. I started today with a 4×18650 mod and am 90% finished already. Was thinking to grow some tobacco leaves to try to extract nicotine afterwards. But we'll see.
We can't agree on everything.
#57 (permalink)      11/7/2021 11:39:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5946
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
"Was thinking to grow some tobacco leaves to try to extract nicotine afterwards. But we'll see."

Pbasardo has a recent video on a french company that does that. I am sure there is more than one way to do that, but it was very involved and interesting the how and what all goes into it. If you do it, I would love to hear all about that.

4x 18650 mod sounds cool, I think all that stuff is great. It's hard for me to find enough time to wick and coil lately.

I'd love to see another 3 coil RTA come out speaking of all the amps you would have to play with 4X 18650. Regulated or mech?
#58 (permalink)      11/7/2021 12:18:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2870
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos4564
Mech. Quite small 1.73 inch or 4.4cm all sides. Im not really into regulated mods anymore. I use them for work with a rdl tank but at home, with a rda (mostly vital, DR, Goon or similar) and my favorite dual parallel 26 kanthal at 0.12 ohm, a mech is all i need. Maybe with 4 batts, i'll use ni80 and see what a 0.08 build gives. Never went below 0.1, so its an innovation. Wow, an innovation.....
We can't agree on everything.
#59 (permalink)      11/7/2021 1:37:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
EternalSpline wrote:

Yeah but it is hard to trust you on durability of a mod DJ for that exact reason, you have what, hundreds of mods? So you don't put as much use on them as your average consumer I would imagine.

You have a valid point but I didn't always have hundreds of mods. When I first started vaping I only knew of KangerTech, Smok and Joyetech so my first ten or so mods were from them.

I don't buy many mods or attys now as I have more than enough in two countries to start my own vape shop, plus very little that comes out interests me enough to buy because there's very little innovation.

#60 (permalink)      11/7/2021 1:44:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5946
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
Oh yeah that's right, you have been vaping the same way a really long time now. It's hard to keep everyone's vaping habits straight. Aren't you in Ireland or something?

No claptons? I really enjoy my claptons.

The RTA's have gotten so damn good these days it's hard for me to hassle with an RDA much any more. I setup the Alpine RDTA yesterday, and using that a bit on and off today. I did not remember how stupid loud the damn thing is, that and the flavor isn't blowing my skirt up.

I wish my next shinny thing would get here from China already!
#61 (permalink)      11/7/2021 2:02:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5946
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
I feel like the first Smok products were built pretty well cube 2 was spotty, but tree box, koopor, R200 was good. Then you got into like a 3rd generation where they had issues. TFV8 era of mods quality started to go down, which was kind of when they had there most success too, maybe supply and demand was tough on them production wise... T-priv, G-priv, and alien where when I recall the issues time period, oh and the skyhook? There RDTA box mod. Sound right to you DJ?

No clue how they are now, from the sounds of things they are doing better.

I really loved the alien 220 hand feel that mod was perfect with the large fire bar, ergonomically my favorite mod of all time. They should remake that and fix whatever the issues were. Or whatever sell them for 20.00 and Ill gladly take 5 of them.