Is the "Golden Age" of vaping over ??
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      11/17/2021 9:52:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Studip
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 267
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos253
+3 details
Although I wish every smoker would jam those things up the devil's ass and vape, I can't worry about or change the future of vaping. I suspect nearly every person on this forum is stocked for life with at least an acceptable setup. Coming back here is more a curiosity, sprinkled with an occasional buy.
#12 (permalink)      11/17/2021 11:00:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
thill1951
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5942
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos2678
The simplicity of vaping using a simple ego battery and CE4 clearomizer are gone now..Fastttech's manufacturers just now discontinued those products and are selling only a few that are leftover..once those are gone, many newbies will either quit vaping or be required to learn a whole new way of vaping, which I think many will not bother to attempt, and also pay more for the more newer complicated vaping gear....simplicity and the old ways is sometimes the best way...new is not always the best..
US Military 30 years, Retired Lt Colonel.. Live to Ride, Ride to Live..Love my Harleys and Indians..
#13 (permalink)      11/17/2021 12:43:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+2 details
blackhack wrote:

Is the "Golden Age" of vaping over ??

Is it all over for all us old hands ??

Yes.

#14 (permalink)      11/17/2021 1:20:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2029
+5 details
"Golden Age?" That was all about making intolerable e-cigs worth using. There's very little on the market at the moment that isn't good.

You personally don't like small pods? Too fucking bad - that's what a whole hell of a lot of people have been looking for - desperately - since forever. They don't want to drag around a half-pound of bulky gear; they want something that'll slip into a shirt pocket and takes next to no maintenance. No, that's not my game either, but my game isn't what this is all about.

You want innovation in what sense? Something that completely changes the game every month again? WE FIGURED THIS STUFF OUT ALREADY. In the glory days, everything was absolutely fucking broken, and slowly things became less broken. It's almost all fixed now. It's just tweaks. Like all of the new, wonderful top-coilers with almost magical wicking. The BVC clearo is a done deal and has been for a long time. Kilowatt mods? Nobody needs them because mesh does what kilogram coils used to do, but better.

This is the golden age.
#15 (permalink)      11/17/2021 4:02:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12772
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19423
essellar wrote:

They don't want to drag around a half-pound of bulky gear

Have been very disappointed trying to find interesting atomizers at home. Especially the spot on Yonge you frequent.
Seems to be next to impossible to pick up more QP Juggerknot MR atomizers at stores but order them in only from QP itself.
Cant seem to find any interesting atomizers.

Where did they all go?

Edited on 11/17/2021 at 4:02 PM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      11/17/2021 8:20:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2029
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

Where did they all go?

They're not CRC-compliant (CRC is "child-resistant container), so they can't be sold in Canada anymore. Yes, they can be CRC-compliant, but even Canadian outfits like QP don't seem to be interested in trying. There's not a lot to it - all they need is a spillproof fill hole and a deck that takes two actions (like push or pull and twist) to remove. It isn't rocket surgery or anything, anyone with even the slightest modicum of engineering ability could pull it off without a hitch, adding one injection-moulded part (for the fill port) and about forty seconds to the CNC cycle time for each of two parts in machining for the deck mechanism.

That said, there's no restriction on importing personal purchases, just selling to Canadians in Canada (you'll note that outfits like Vapes by Enushi, who have a sizable international clientelle, still have RTAs/RDAs/RBAs on their site for international purchase).

#17 (permalink)      11/17/2021 8:26:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BillBrasky
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedNov 2021
  • Posts 143
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos33
The glory days of dripping 3 drops of liquid at a time into an atomizer attached to an ego battery that if you didn't get the drips down in the atomizer soon enough, it would taste like smoking pure metal?
Ah, the glory days.
Get a pod gramps.
#18 (permalink)      11/17/2021 8:27:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12772
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19423
So let me see if I am clear about this.

Technically I cannot purchase from QP as I am in Canada? Is that correct?
I did see some one in Quebec mention this in a post but didn't know what he was referring to at the time.

I went to order an MR yesterday directly from QP but as they charge in US funds, it works out with shipping to about $25 CAD more than I paid for my other two at that Yonge street store.
So I held off while I was looking around to find others.

But it appeared at the time that the sale was going to go through, even thought it knew my Canadian shipping address??!!
#19 (permalink)      11/17/2021 9:01:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2029
+1 details
Technically, yes, that's the case. They can, however, do some fiddly nonsense with the shipping and billing to get around the regs (making it look like it's coming from the States), but as you noted, it's going to come out of your pocket. Shipping charges on a premium atty (that's obviously expensive enough to qualify for free shipping from any self-respecting vendor) is frickin' ridiculous, especially if they could fix the damned problem with Canadian sales if they gave a crap.
#20 (permalink)      11/17/2021 9:28:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12772
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19423
essellar wrote:

that's obviously expensive enough to qualify for free shipping from any self-respecting vendor

Thank you for clearing that up.
As much as I love the MR I am not sure I am willing to pay that much for it, if on principle alone.

I sent them an email asking if I could possibly buy a few of their drip tips. I was told they had one left and would send me the invoice.

LOL
$5 for the drip tip but almost close to $20 with shipping.
So far not impressed with the customer service.
Had they just sent me the one drip tip I would have purchased the atty with their shipping but both combined has me giving some second thought to dealing with QP at all from here on in.

#21 (permalink)      11/17/2021 9:52:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+2 details
Still.Me wrote:

Thank you for clearing that up.
As much as I love the MR I am not sure I am willing to pay that much for it, if on principle alone.

I sent them an email asking if I could possibly buy a few of their drip tips. I was told they had one left and would send me the invoice.

LOL
$5 for the drip tip but almost close to $20 with shipping.
So far not impressed with the customer service.
Had they just sent me the one drip tip I would have purchased the atty with their shipping but both combined has me giving some second thought to dealing with QP at all from here on in.

QP products are made in and shipped from China by WejoyTech, a clone manufacturer.