Old Vaper, Need to start again
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      12/19/2021 12:52:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 381
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos82
There are companies who will not sell single battires to the public, Panasonic is one company, they sell for repair for laptop or simular and do not want individuals buying them... But you know what ever the label is, if they are junk the word soon spreads just like "Ultrafire" fake and junk, but there are good quality battires out there, and you soon know when you have tested them for a few months, so buy more from the same people with the same name on the label.

All mine say "KingJohn" 3500ma 35W with shrink sleave, never for sale just for me, Imren were the best at the time I bought them, but probably switched back to the main name "Samsung" "Sony" or more, these people overstock and want to sell quickly.

So far the Amazon ones are lasting well, aver all 7.5W will even make a UntraFire look good, its time that counts, 6 years or more still working well, Sony Laptop 15 years old, battries still charge and last a few hours, but the nasty bateries would have gone bang by now
Kanger Subox Mini 50W, SMY Touch Box 100W , Vamo V5 15W, Coolfire 1, Eleaf 60W TC, Home brew e-liquid, Electrical, Mechanical Engineer.Born again vaper after 6 years
#12 (permalink)      12/19/2021 12:54:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
But the question in most of the cases is:
Which combination for starters is the best and cheapest,
to find out what is the best way to go?
That means, the first combination should be very versatile,
to try different coils and watts.
I would say, buy a Pico, a very simple RDA with wide 2 posts
and SS wire in about 0.30/0.35/0.40 mm,
the total price should be around 50$.

That does not mean, RDAs are the best choice,
but you can fast change the setup to test a lot:
do we need TC, do we need a booster, do we need to change ramp up time ... ?
And after these evaluations, it is much more easy,
to change to a more specific combination.

Starting at the roots makes more sense than just to buy e.g. first an AIO,
or to buy an atty with premade expensive coils.
#13 (permalink)      12/19/2021 1:07:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4790
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
18650batterystore.com is my provider. There are several more, and they ship almost everywhere.
What does he mean when he says words?
#14 (permalink)      12/19/2021 1:09:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 381
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos82
At the time I first started vaping money was very short, no way could I buy expensive ready made coils, i started with those catomisers, you throw away, i didnt, i bought the wire and made new coils, yes it took a week to get it perfect, but the price now was nothing. As money improved I was able to buy better, not knowing much I bough e cigarettes which we all know were no use to those wanting to quit smoking, if you had been smoking a long time.

Right now, the UK NHS are giving 12 weeks of 15mg e cigarettes and patches, my wife will get them soon, so that should be funny, I remember when I tried them, thinking it was more like fresh air, and I had no chance of quitting.

The Kanger Subox Mini 50W was the first mod I bought, and I re built the coils each time, other than the first 5 that came with it, never bought another coil, then on here the top fed tank was being sold, so I grabbed it.

I bough SS, Chrome and every wire you could think of, it was a hobby to me as engineering all my life, it was fun, but now even though I can afford it, I wont buy brand names if Chinese copies are just as good, yer many are junk, but many are great, so I find the original, read the reviews, then see what FT has.

Edited on 12/19/2021 at 1:11 PM. Reason:
Kanger Subox Mini 50W, SMY Touch Box 100W , Vamo V5 15W, Coolfire 1, Eleaf 60W TC, Home brew e-liquid, Electrical, Mechanical Engineer.Born again vaper after 6 years
#15 (permalink)      12/19/2021 1:13:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4790
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
Before I forget: Eigate IS Aspire's parent company. It's most likely legit, as I don't know of any "cloned" Aspire products - though there are plenty of unlicensed, compatible coils from other manufacturers.

Caveat Emptor.
#16 (permalink)      12/19/2021 1:14:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 381
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos82
see, 18650batterystore.com lists Nitecore, I have the Nitecore D4 charger, but I dont think they make battries, but they got a good name for the great charger, so could let someone use the name on UtraFire...? anybody bought them.

What batteries are people buying, you must have bought some, fake or not, are they ok?

I pulled a Ultrafire battery to bits, then after I seen how it was made I threw it in a bucket of water :) almost blew a hole in the metal bucket... so see you learn not to get them wet? and I think those people who use unregulated box mods are mad :)

Edited on 12/19/2021 at 1:20 PM. Reason:
#17 (permalink)      12/19/2021 1:20:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4790
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
WelshKingJohn wrote:

see, 18650batterystore.com lists Nitecore, I have the Nitecore D4 charger, but I dont think they make battries, but they got a good name for the great charger

Guy over there is great...we've been doing business for years. He loves to throw "freebies" in with orders (battery wraps, cases, flashlights), and personally tests and checks everything he sells.

For a different perspective, visit BatteryJunction, who will sell any re-wrapped battery than can get. They sell a lot of junk.

I sincerely trust 18store, good people, good prices, honest specs, fast shipping.

#18 (permalink)      12/19/2021 1:25:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 381
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos82
But what label is on the battery? and what are the ratings 40A 3500ma is my goal, then we all know they wont be that good, but still good batteries.

I cant find any of my old battries, mostly on Fastteck I bough protected battries for torches, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic labels here on fasttech and I dont think they would take risks with dangerous battries?
#19 (permalink)      12/19/2021 1:30:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 381
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos82
Aspire Stainless Steel + Glass Hollow-out Tank for Nautilus Mini, Sunday, April 10, 2016

5 years ago I bought that cover and glass :) looking at old orders SKU 1950503

Some other things I bought, 2016
Titanium Resistance Wire for Rebuildable Atomizers SKU 3244600
Ni200 Nickel Heating Wire for RBA Atomizers, SKU 3745502
Eleaf MELO 2 Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer

INR 18650-25R 3.6V 2500mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack) SKU 2706700
still selling, 35A 2500ma

List is very long, every wire there was

Edited on 12/19/2021 at 1:39 PM. Reason:
#20 (permalink)      12/19/2021 1:35:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4790
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
Your "goal" is unrealistic and unattainable. That's as plain as I can put it. They do not exist.

As amps goes up, Mah goes down...it's a chemistry balancing act. A common balance is 25/30 amps and 2500mah.

Sony/Murata VTC5A, Molicell p26A , Samsung 25R. Those are your basic, tested, stable vape batteries. Time tested, Vape industry approved.

I would start there. If you absolutely have to buy from China, I will go and find a SKU or two for you here at FT, and edit them in...

Eww..factory seconds abound here, it seems...but there are two cells that should be good for any regulated mod user under 100 watts:

SKU 2706700 Samsung 25R
SKU 2363400 Samsung 30Q (good for extra battery life, keep under 75 watts for best results)

Both are well reviewed here as well, and I can attest to the quality of authentics (which these probably are)

Edited on 12/19/2021 at 1:46 PM. Reason:
#21 (permalink)      12/19/2021 1:46:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 381
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos82
+1 details
I updated the post, found some of the old battries I bought SKU 2706700

Here in UK you cant get them via post unless it comes with a torch or somethijng, cant buy them alone, but that dont stop people ilegally posting them, which is very dangerous . There are private postal companes that charge a lot to send them to you, Amazon use their own drivers. At one time FT use to send them to one country, they would send to UK

So I wont buy unless I know the delivery company knows the rules and laws, this all started way back when that plane went up in smoke carrying lithium battries. Royal mail banned them, wont go near them.. So looks like Amazon is safe, but not sure about Fasttech anymore