Old Vaper, Need to start again
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      12/19/2021 1:46:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 381
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos82
+1 details
I updated the post, found some of the old battries I bought SKU 2706700

Here in UK you cant get them via post unless it comes with a torch or somethijng, cant buy them alone, but that dont stop people ilegally posting them, which is very dangerous . There are private postal companes that charge a lot to send them to you, Amazon use their own drivers. At one time FT use to send them to one country, they would send to UK

So I wont buy unless I know the delivery company knows the rules and laws, this all started way back when that plane went up in smoke carrying lithium battries. Royal mail banned them, wont go near them.. So looks like Amazon is safe, but not sure about Fasttech anymore
Kanger Subox Mini 50W, SMY Touch Box 100W , Vamo V5 15W, Coolfire 1, Eleaf 60W TC, Home brew e-liquid, Electrical, Mechanical Engineer.Born again vaper after 6 years
#22 (permalink)      12/19/2021 1:52:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 381
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos82
@carrion4worm
Ill try and find the torchy guy, he has a web site setup, and lists what the manufacturer claim, and what is real, Like I said if its listed 40A 3500ma and a name I know I will buy it, I really dont care what the real values are, they would be reliable safe battries. Dont think any vaper ever knows what a 2500ma battery would last before needing another charge. Or how many years they will last ! This Imren is 5 years old 35A 3000ma, I really dont care about numbers, it lasts me all week, no other battery has
Kanger Subox Mini 50W, SMY Touch Box 100W , Vamo V5 15W, Coolfire 1, Eleaf 60W TC, Home brew e-liquid, Electrical, Mechanical Engineer.Born again vaper after 6 years
#23 (permalink)      12/19/2021 1:55:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 381
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos82
I think I should say, seller must be in UK, dont mind well known vape shop, but wont buy from unknown places, here today gone tomorrow. and no real knowledge on the safety of these things, send via royal mail and it gets shorted that delivery guy is going to get hurt

Also a lot of the time, the 40A is peak, and much less continual 25A?

Edited on 12/19/2021 at 1:59 PM. Reason:
#24 (permalink)      12/19/2021 2:36:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 742
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos656
Hi John'

You mentioned you are looking for batteries with 3,500mah and 35 or 40 Amps? Unfortunately genuine 18650 batteries with this rating don't exist - Unfortunately many battery re-wrappers know that quoting high stats on their wraps become commonplace. In 18650 form 3,500 mah batteries are 10Amps max, 3,000mah 20, 2500-2600 25 and a few 2,000mah at 30 Amps.

If you see any 18650 claiming higher Amp capability they are quoting a 'pulse' rating, which can be meaningless. Ideally you should be looking at the CDR (constant discharge rate) which is always lower than any pulse rating, which should be ignored.

The good news is genuine 10 Amp 3,500mah batteries are good for 25 to 30 watts max so you certainly won't be pushing them too hard.

In the UK Fogstar.co.uk are the go to for most hobbyist vapers - the Molicel M35A (3500 10 Amps) would be good.
#25 (permalink)      12/19/2021 2:39:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 742
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos656
Edit - Unfortunately many battery rewrappers know that quoting high stats on their wraps sells, and batteries with artificially high performance claims became commonplace.
#26 (permalink)      12/19/2021 3:40:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
Crispycritters wrote:

The good news is genuine 10 Amp 3,500mah batteries are good for 25 to 30 watts max so you certainly won't be pushing them too hard.

Do you change your mind every week or every 2 days?
You wrote to me an other story about batteries some days ago,
and I will never forget: "one wrap more ... "
The man wrote in post #1 he used 7.5 Watts,
why to discuss10/20/30 Amps batteries?
Answering threads is very nice,
but there should be some quality.

#27 (permalink)      12/19/2021 4:07:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 742
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos656
Troepfler wrote:

Crispycritters wrote:
Do you change your mind every week or every 2 days?
You wrote to me an other story about batteries some days ago,
and I will never forget: "one wrap more ... "
The man wrote in post #1 he used 7.5 Watts,
why to discuss10/20/30 Amps batteries?
Answering threads is very nice,
but there should be some quality.

Read again - I was explaining that the specs on the batteries he mentioned were bogus - and listing the maximum possible Amp ratings of current commonly available for each mah capacity cell that are popular with vapers. That is to help him recognise bogus ratings that are commonly displayed on re-wrapped cells

He vapes at low wattage - I recommended a 10 Amp battery as it is perfectly safe for his use, and at 3,500mah gives the longest run time of any 18650.

If you have any helpful suggestions I'm sure the original poster would appreciate it.

I think the confusion may be because English isn't your first language.

#28 (permalink)      12/19/2021 4:56:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 381
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos82
http://www.torchy.co.uk

Check him out, although he hadnt the big range he use to have, but does have good testing

Yes its true im using 7.5W but over the years as an electrical engineer i soon worked it out you must go bigger to comply.

So if you using 10W, want the batteries to ladt a long time, and importantly you want battries to keep cool, double or triple the size.

With current carrying cables, if the regulation was 2.5mm cable i would use 4mm, depending on whats available.

So with battries, long ago i seen the Imren factory, its quality control and testing was the best, i guess they made a lot of money and sold up, who ever makes them now dont make anything quoted bigger than 35A so probably not the quality anymore.

Im lucky to have one battery left, the rest all thrown out when i became very ill, a clearout before i kicked the bucket, the good news is im still here.

So yes i would look for those 40A 3500, and i will find a lot of good battries during the search.

2500 is plentyfull as are 35A labels, probably 25A continuation, and get hot. I done all my testing 5 years ago, wont be showing anyone any clouds, but my tc unit is great, i can make very small adjustments as the day progresses and vape liquid warms up a bit, needs less power. So in my mind its all about the life of the battery, how often i need to charge it, and i try to get a week running, this imren does that easily.

So i really dont know what the average vaper uses mtl probably 10W with a big cloud and much lower nicotine mix.

Mine looks like im smoking a cigarette...

My first mix after all this time was 18mg and i found it too high, but the wife used it with 6W and she says its good. Peppermint also too high for me.

So everyone has thire own mix and own setting to hit the xxx spot, i forgot the word T,? G?

So i have said all the time i use 7.5W but use a Imren 40A 3000ma ive never said any of that is true, its the label to identify what im using. The vape battries on here were the 25R i didnt buy many, mostly bought them and fitted the protection chip to top and my own driver for the cree led light. So made lots of bright torches (-

However, i still havent been told what people are using, so i guess everyone is using diffrent battries, depending on the price and postage i guess. Like i said it became difficult to buy powerful battries, royal mail listed the current and said what they would carry if the battery comes with a device, wont handle battries on thire own, this is a big problem buying outside of EU as its royal mail that collects all the mail from customs.

So any shop sending battries that are lithium, are breaking the law, unless they use someone like DPD or fedx etc and then price goes right up, ive been out of it for a long time, so lost track of things. Ive bought from Amazon and I guess those battries are ok, cant say how long they last before charge, not had them long enough, i charged my Imren and still got 3/4 of power left...

Few years ago people were saying you cant go wrong with xxx but not anymore. Dont know if any restrictions in USA?

Edited on 12/19/2021 at 5:15 PM. Reason:
#29 (permalink)      12/19/2021 5:10:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
OK, OWM (one wrap more),
for starters:
solution #1
solution #2
same like I did in post in #12.

And not running around the problem,
seems e.g. Boeing and industry like to do that.

And if you think:
I think the confusion may be because English isn't your first language.
Dann kann ich dir auch auf deutsch antworten,
aber das wird dann deutlich heftiger.
#30 (permalink)      12/19/2021 5:22:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 381
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos82
Sigh, and im welsh, never learn english much

Vorsprung durch Technik
#31 (permalink)      12/19/2021 6:00:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
Sorry to be off topic.

Is Welsh not a part of Germany? Sorry about the joke.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wales
I bought my 32" Westerly sailing boat in Scotland, that was fun with the people there.
Is Wales similar to Scotland, do they drink the same Grouse Whiskey?
I mean the little pubs with lots of joke.

"Vorsprung durch Technik" is made by Audi.
"Vorsprung durch Nachdenken" hits the point better.

Edited on 12/19/2021 at 6:44 PM. Reason: add