oh god, NOSTALGIA
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      1/17/2022 1:48:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4790
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
People were determined to make DIY vertical coils work, but after all the attempts, I think even the hardest of the hardcore will admit to it being a losing proposition...

I did have a couple highlights, after trying almost everything vertical...for dual coil, the MUTANT by Vandy Vape Stood above the VLS by Oumier and the 502. Single coil was the ALCATRAZ 22mm, with honorable mention to VapeWare's Nextera, which did it right SO long ago...

Airflow direction seems to be the problem...well, that and gravity, lol. I like saturation, and even with "cool" squonkable posts, etc, it just seems that it will never match horizontal coils in a RDA, as far as wicking is concerned.
Nextera and Alcatraz both had serious chamber reducers to direct the airflow, and that seems to be where their success lies. I'm not against someone trying again, but I think the writing is on the wall!
What does he mean when he says words?
#42 (permalink)      1/17/2022 11:57:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
martinc
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 7030
  • Reviews 310
  • Kudos3963
How about the RDAs where they wanted us to wrap the coil with cotton and have the airflow go through the coil itself...cant remember what it was called, it died a glorious death
non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
#43 (permalink)      1/18/2022 1:29:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 329
  • Reviews 101
  • Kudos185
+1 details
martinc wrote:

How about the RDAs where they wanted us to wrap the coil with cotton and have the airflow go through the coil itself...cant remember what it was called, it died a glorious death

Is it tho? I think it is called stock coil now.