[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Anyone tried nicotine toothpicks?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      1/7/2022 3:59:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5995
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4264
Pipe tobacco is another thing I never got into, if I make it to old age I kind of want to smoke a pipe. I always loved the smell of pipe tobacco.
#32 (permalink)      1/7/2022 4:09:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12939
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19776
Didn't realize this product was still in high use.

Had a beautiful SS snuff box as a child that belonged to my father. I think as a fighter pilot they used it when flying rather than holding a cigarette?

But have never seen anyone using snuff otherwise.
#33 (permalink)      1/7/2022 4:09:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moldy
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1755
  • Reviews 182
  • Kudos1817
Pipes and pipe tobacco can turn into a deep rabbit hole. Ironically the best smoking pipes are also the cheapest; the corn cob pipes. They smoke cool and dry and are usually under $15 unless you get a fancy one. You can even get lucite stems for them if you're feeling classy. If you ever get the inkling to try a pipe it's not overly expensive to pick up a Missouri Meerschaum cob and an ounce of cavendish tobacco; you wont be out much money if you end up hating it.

Smoking a pipe is weird... when you combine the nicotine with the slow and relaxing ritual of smoking a pipe it almost puts a person into a relaxed trance like state of contemplation. Might be why pipe smokers statistically live longer than non pipe smokers.

Edited on 1/7/2022 at 4:13 PM. Reason:
#34 (permalink)      1/7/2022 4:12:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moldy
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1755
  • Reviews 182
  • Kudos1817
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

Didn't realize this product was still in high use.

Had a beautiful SS snuff box as a child that belonged to my father. I think as a fighter pilot they used it when flying rather than holding a cigarette?

But have never seen anyone using snuff otherwise.

Oh I don't think it's in high use at all. There's not many people who take nasal snuff. You'll find most of it is probably sold in the UK and India. You can't even find it in most tobacco shops.... online is the only way for most ppl to even buy it.

#35 (permalink)      1/7/2022 4:20:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12939
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19776
Moldy wrote:

sold in the UK and India

Yes I have never seen it here in North America whereas my father was born in the UK and grew up in India at a time I suppose it was much more popular.

#36 (permalink)      1/7/2022 6:26:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2896
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos4638
EternalSpline wrote:

I really don't like nic salts, so disposables don't work great for me.

I get you. For me, disposables dont work either. Had to buy a puffbar that i used for half a day until someone hit me up with some nicotine and flavoring. I get lightheaded from a puffbar and it gives me headaches too. Bought it, tried it in the shop and took the wrong turn on my way home. It makes my head spin.

We can't agree on everything.
#37 (permalink)      1/8/2022 7:59:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5995
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4264
+1 details
It gives me anxiety, like to much caffeine. I have lower MG salts than the disposables, and it is a little better. I can dilute that down more, and it will be better. At the end of the day though I really like that full lung feeling from DL 6MG. It's logical to me that the deeper breathing aspect is relaxing, where the less full lung disposable vape with the shorter mtl draw isn't.

I have been off of caffeine for over a year, maybe two and I just don't have any tolerance for that feeling now. It's weird what you adapt to over time, or even think you like, or like, due to the addiction. Your body and mind enjoy the stimulant, and crave it, but do you enjoy the feeling? I didn't anymore maybe I did at a point.

Caffeine is such a weird drug in America, no one would even say they are "on" it, or that it is a drug. It's just our normal here. I mean I don't care about it in any real way, I just think it is odd. I am far from anti drug. It's kind of funny how cops all hopped up on one drug, go chase someone on another drug.

For anyone reading this thinking caffeine is not a drug this is dumb, go take a handful of nodoze caffeine pills.
#38 (permalink)      1/8/2022 9:08:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
drmarble
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos11
+1 details
Portable Mini Bullet Styled Tobacco Smoking Pipe

SKU 7295900
#39 (permalink)      1/11/2022 11:13:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5995
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4264
Got the toothpicks in, tried 3 so far. No stomach issues. The flavors are good-ish, not amazing. Grape and cherry seem to be mixed with a menthol or mint, not disgusting but I'd prefer the stand alone flavor.

They are on the weak side being 3MG for me being a 6MG dual coil user, but for you 3MG-ers I think they would be great.

Easy to use, just put them in your mouth toss when the flavor is gone, they say don't chew them or bite them, but I don't see much difference in doing that or not doing that, like I said though they are on the weak side for me.

Convenience wise great, total satisfaction wise medium, feels weird not inhaling when your getting nicotine after vaping for so long. I'd say I still prefer snus in the packets regular nic, over the toothpicks. Much longer flavor, and more nicotine. What I most prefer is vaping.

Any questions, happy to answer them for you, but I don't know much about them other than what I have already posted.
#40 (permalink)      1/15/2022 12:44:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2632
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2787
+1 details
These are pretty good, I don't drink but I thought I would give them a try...[img][/img]
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#41 (permalink)      1/16/2022 12:10:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
fucitol
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 4623
  • Reviews 175
  • Kudos10700
+1 details
This thread got me interested in alternatives when I can't vape, or when I run out of nic which will probably be 10+ years down the road. Thanks to the PACT act I figure nic base will no longer be available to us peons in the United States, and I refuse to buy overpriced e-juice locally after doing DIY for many years. After looking online and seeing what's readily available within a short distance I picked up two cans of ZYN cinnamon 6mg. Buying two cans brought the price down from $4.99 each to around $4.25. There's 15 pouches per can, so they are a little pricy compared to others that give you 20. I've tried nicotine lozenges before but they really never did anything for me, and flavors kind of suck and taste chaulky. These ZYN pouches are really quite good. Flavor is very strong, almost too strong in the first 5 minutes that my gums were hurting from the cinnamon flavor. Once they mellow out you get a constant flow of flavor and the nic slowly enters your system just like vaping. The cinnamon pouches seem to last about 45 minutes to an hour before the flavor is gone. After that just toss it out. These would be great for flights or when you can't vape at work.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum est