Wooohooo
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#91 (permalink)      3/2/2022 5:05:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16128
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29797
+1 details
MarcF
That's completely insane...!!!
but be careful, when I had my very first VAT to pay (and it was a UK order) I made a little googling and found (forums etc.) that even if you refuse to receive your package, and in spite of, they really really want you to pay those taxes still.

But that was in France.

PS.; and that time customs were still acting "fine". I had that damn mail the day (or two) before receiving the package that allowed me to pay on line, "only" 9€. (reduced fees)
Which they stopped doing on the later...

Edited on 3/2/2022 at 5:10 AM. Reason:
#92 (permalink)      3/2/2022 5:11:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MarcF
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1010
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos1458
+1 details
Then can try.....but, they will not succeed....I have no credit card, no bank account, I work strictly with cash, and I am not even Spanish...I have a French passport. Unless they arrest me and jail me. But, the food ain't bad in spanish jails.

¡No pasarán !
#93 (permalink)      3/2/2022 5:17:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16128
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29797
+1 details
Ha that's great! That's how I lived...until I arrived in France =)
#94 (permalink)      3/3/2022 5:58:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MarcF
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1010
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos1458
+1 details
cilika wrote:

MarcFThat's completely insane...!!!but be careful, when I had my very first VAT to pay (and it was a UK order) I made a little googling and found (forums etc.) that even if you refuse to receive your package, and in spite of, they really really want you to pay those taxes still. But that was in France.PS.; and that time customs were still acting "fine". I had that damn mail the day (or two) before receiving the package that allowed me to pay on line, "only" 9€. (reduced fees)Which they stopped doing on the later...

Seems there are no charges if I refuse to pay and they have to send back to Fasttech. This is the package from hell really....I paid for it on the 11th of december 2021 and today is the 3rd of march 2022...3 bloody months !!

#95 (permalink)      3/3/2022 6:11:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16128
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29797
+1 details
Yeah Mark, sometimes, instead of asking us for to pay charges, rather they should pay us for the delay... :p

It's good to hear!

Edited on 3/3/2022 at 6:23 AM. Reason:
#96 (permalink)      3/3/2022 8:30:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11421
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5944
+1 details
MarcF wrote:

Seems there are no charges if I refuse to pay and they have to send back to Fasttech. This is the package from hell really....I paid for it on the 11th of december 2021 and today is the 3rd of march 2022...3 bloody months !!

Dear MarcF,

We sincerely apologize for the trouble caused. Such a high tariff is indeed beyond our imagination. We are checking all our packages to Spain now and will post an announcement on our forum to remind our Spanish customers to pay attention to the customs issues. If there are any suggestions to avoid this, please feel free to let us know. May postNL or Europe expedited service to Spain be better than China Post?

The tracking information shows a bill sent to recipient, so once you refuse the package, it will be returned. We will issue a refund to you asap. Thank you for your patience.

Edited on 3/3/2022 at 8:37 PM. Reason:
#97 (permalink)      3/4/2022 2:48:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MarcF
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1010
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos1458
Don't worry about it Anniepan...I think this is simply bad luck...that parcel was cursed. It took so long to get here, and then it fell into the hands of a zealous custom agent who went a little crazy.
Let's wait and see how long they take to send back this package. I'm not in any hurry.

By the way, since I might need batteries we will test to see if the next parcel falls into evil hands again. I just wont send it by E spain....

Thank you and let's hope things get better. Mind you with the war going on in Ukraine, this might also affect international freight.
#98 (permalink)      3/4/2022 4:51:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11421
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5944
+1 details
We appreciate your patience and understanding. The tracking information should be shown for return next week. We will keep you updated on the ticket. We also emailed you the shipping methods for batteries to Spain. Please feel free to let us know if you have any concerns.