No tracking Info again
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/1/2022 6:56:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
stuartd
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 723
  • Reviews 90
  • Kudos241
No tracking Info again
Placed a order 16/2/2022 and guess wat no tracking update since the 23/2/2022. wat the hell is happening with fattech and track17 don't they want people know were there stuff is its becoming abit of a joke nowadays and yes I know I paid for the 20-25 day shipping this time but would still be nice to know were my order is right now and not waiting till it gets dropped through my letterbox and the tracking saying its still in China or were ever it is
#2 (permalink)      3/1/2022 7:36:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11423
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5944
Hi, stuartd,

The package was shipped out on Feb 19th but the typical delivery time for e-Packet is 20-25 days. So the package may be delivered around Mar 15th. I have noted your package information down and will keep tracking it until it is delivered. We have also asked our post office to check your package status. They said the package is on its way overseas. We will keep you updated on the ticket. Thank you for your patience.

For your next order, we recommend you to choose the United Kingdom Expedited service(10-15 working days for delivery) or Registered airmail by TNT-postNL(12-18 working days for delivery), which we have mentioned in the previous thread. Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns.

Edited on 3/1/2022 at 9:36 PM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      3/2/2022 7:23:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
stuartd
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 723
  • Reviews 90
  • Kudos241
Anniepan wrote:

Hi, stuartd,The package was shipped out on Feb 19th but the typical delivery time for e-Packet is 20-25 days. So the package may be delivered around Mar 15th. I have noted your package information down and will keep tracking it until it is delivered. We have also asked our post office to check your package status. They said the package is on its way overseas. We will keep you updated on the ticket. Thank you for your patience.For your next order, we recommend you to choose the United Kingdom Expedited service(10-15 working days for delivery) or Registered airmail by TNT-postNL(12-18 working days for delivery), which we have mentioned in the previous thread. Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns.

It's more the no tracking info for Iover a week that is annoying me. I know I will get it at some point but would be good to know the tracking would have been updated by know that is annoying

#4 (permalink)      3/2/2022 9:37:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 745
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos660
$2.00 rebate earned+2 details
stuartd wrote:

It's more the no tracking info for over a week that is annoying me. I know I will get it at some point but would be good to know the tracking would have been updated by know that is annoying

The huge gap in tracking probably means its at the airport waiting for a flight. I think the problem is that the tracking is marked 'China, leaving overseas' when the package arrives at the airport, giving the impression that it is actually in the hold of an aircraft but in reality it is probably waiting at the airport for eventually being loaded onto a plane. As the number of commercial flights has been reduced this wait will currently will be around 7 to 10 days.

Updating tracking to show 'leaving China' when there were more flights and pre-covid delays were not an issue was fairly realistic as parcels generally would be exported in a day or two., but now I believe there is a backlog at the airport and anything arriving for shipment will be at the back of the queue and probably not move until its turn comes to be loaded into an aircraft. This could be 10 days from arriving at the airport. The only way your parcel will get an earlier flight is if you opt for a faster, and more expensive delivery option.

Like you I have a recent order that is marked 'leaving China' at 0622 on 23rd February. Our orders are probably sitting on the same pallet somewhere in a storage facility at the airport - I predict our orders will arrive in the UK in about a week and the tracking will update then.

You simply won't get any update until it finally arrives in the UK, tracking does not update when a package doesn't move. I've just learned to check the Royal Mail tracking site daily - normally it appears on the system about 10 days after it is marked 'leaving China' and tracking will give a good indication of actual delivery date.

I always go for the free or cheapest post option as generally I'm not desperate for the stuff I order, learning to ignore the 'leaving China' tracking notification saves a lot of stress. When you see it, it generally means you will actually get your order in 10 to 14 days.

It did cause me some frustration until I figured it out, but until such a time as there are more commercial flights and covid delays are no longer an issue things are going to be slower than the good old days.

#5 (permalink)      3/2/2022 9:55:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2706
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2178
Just to add...

Had a delivery yesterday morning of a small FT order posted (UK ePacket) on the 10th of January. The damned thing just kept bouncing around from one Chinese airport to another for over a month.

This was certainly the most delayed order I've experienced since the height of the COVID difficulties nearly two years ago.

As ever, it still arrived, as all FT stuff always does, but things certainly appear to have slowed down of late.
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#6 (permalink)      3/2/2022 10:03:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inatrance1973
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2018
  • Posts 123
  • Reviews 102
  • Kudos68
CC is right, when the item leaves Chinese outbound customs, Royal Mail show it as "Leaving Overseas". It's not even near the airport at that point. I would say if you look track-chinapost com, you'll get a better idea on there a lot of the time. Remember on there though, handed to airline or similar tracking message, doesn't mean it's on a plane either. That China post tracking site will tell me when the plane has landed at Heathrow often days before royal mail tell me they've got it
#7 (permalink)      3/2/2022 3:52:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
altered.ego
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2020
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
- Order placed on January 10th,
- the package was (supposedly) shipped on February 16th,
- tracking goes live (estimated) February 26th,
- delivery (estimated) March 8th-March 13th

And I haven't got a single tracking info, not even that the package was picked up from FT and I'm checking several times a day, using several different tracking sites. Beat that! 🙄
#8 (permalink)      3/2/2022 9:43:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11423
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5944
Crispycritters and inatrance1973, thank you for helping clarify and giving such a good point about the current shipping situation. And yes, this is what happens with most shipping from China now. We understand that you might have also faced difficulty with the delay, yet you are sharing your experience here to help other customers. We appreciate it a lot.

To help the customers better understand the order fulfillment and shipping steps, we have rolled out an order fulfillment flow chart that made each order's scheduled ship-out date and shipping estimated date more prominent(Please check the below screenshot). You can find it under each pending order right on the order details page. For now, it's limited to orders sent through some carriers to the US/CA/UK/EU. We're working on bringing the rest online.

We have also made some changes to the shipping during checkout (you can also view more details here):

1, For shipping carriers that ship to different countries, most of the shipping methods are used to show the same shipping time for all countries (e.g. 15-20 days typical delivery time). But now the delivery time is shown by country, it will be different for customers from different countries.

2, Some shipping methods are now marked as recommended for different countries based on the analysis of order deliveries within recent months.

These changes could be more effective for reference during the purchase. We will also update periodically by analyzing the real order deliveries of different countries.

@altered.ego, we have noticed that you chose the European Postal Service in your order. It usually requires more days to be updated because it requires tracking feedback from Deutsche Post when they receive the package, but yours is indeed taking longer than expected. We are checking with the carrier and will get back to you later today as soon as we receive the update.

And analogueman, owing to insufficient air flight, the package has been waiting in airports for a long time. We will pay attention to your new order and keep you updated until the package is delivered.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. There are still a lot of areas we need to improve on the tracking guidance. We will keep improving on it and achieve a better shopping experience.

Should you require any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.

Edited on 3/3/2022 at 3:28 AM. Reason: